Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flying in Ireland (Cork)
2214 5 2018-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Schuffd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74990 ft
Ireland

Hello Lads,

i wonder if anyone from Ireland especially Cork  knows nice spots to fly? Maybe around Cork City.

2018-2-11
Use props
Schuffd
lvl.4
Ireland

I am not speaking of flying in the city center of course. Nice spots nothing else.
and
If anyone wonders about flying in cork its not that strict as some people mean. IAA regulations state that you should not fly with 5 km of any aerodome.

So of course I check the map and see the Airport is around 11 km from the city center. And DJI No fly Zone is marked as 5km with the airport as red and yellow. (green zone is just an enhanced restriction zone which can be cleared even without registration)

2018-2-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Schuffd Posted at 2018-2-11 07:44
I am not speaking of flying in the city center of course. Nice spots nothing else.
and
If anyone wonders about flying in cork its not that strict as some people mean. IAA regulations state that you should not fly with 5 km of any aerodome.

Great info!     
2018-2-11
Use props
pgrog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 585745 ft
Ireland

Here's a great map with details of airspace in Ireland

https://www.flyryte.com/airspace/
2018-2-13
Use props
Schuffd
lvl.4
United Kingdom

It is great that every one is so nice to post updates on where to fly and where are restrictions etc. But the initial question was about nice and lovely spots to take great shots.
2018-2-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Schuffd Posted at 2018-2-11 07:44
and

Cork airport operates a 10 nautical mile radius controlled airspace surface to 5000ft you cannot fly in this space without permission and need license to apply for permission, all major airports in Ireland operate same control.
You are correct regarding aerodrome at 5k.
2018-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules