Mavic Air Landing Issue on RTH
2207 5 2018-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thatmrkeithy
lvl.2
  • >>>
Thailand

I have a Mavic air which when on return to home, seems to come down very quickly bounce off the ground then land. Dose not do this every time, but quite a few times. I Have recalibrated the IMU through both the app and DJI Assistant 2. I reinstalled firmware serval times. I decided to record the screen on my phone to see if i was missing any messages and noticed on the occasion it did this, when landing its height was - 7m. This was the home point where it took off and when it took of it read 0m. I noticed on another one where it landed nicely, it said 12m in height on though down, before switching to 0m when it cut power to the engines.  

These are videos i uploaded to youtube of the RTH landing, both are of the same landing, one is a screen record of the App view.

This is the one where it lands ok on RTH, but look at the height on touch down.

Is this a faulty unit, of a firmware thing? To me it looks like a fault. Never had this with my spark. I have noticed this behavior in several diffent locations.

PS Has done this on both versions of the firmware. Updating did not fix it.
2018-2-11
Use props
thatmrkeithy
lvl.2
  • >>>
Thailand

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-2-11 04:44
I never allow my birds to auto-land on an RTH.  I abort at the end & land them myself.  Problem solved!

Well not really, because they should be able to land them selfs with out issue. My spark has never had this problem, landed it many times on RTH
2018-2-11
Use props
thatmrkeithy
lvl.2
  • >>>
Thailand

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-11 04:00
Have you got landing protection on?

On this occasion no. Had issues there as it refused to land sometimes for no reason. Was hoping its a software thing, but its looking like a hardware failure, I have flown the spark from here many times and had no issues with RTH, The spark blew me away with how accurate it was.
I have recalibarted through PC software twice, same issue
2018-2-11
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

for me it looks like downfacing dist. sensor not working... after few hits like that something will broke for sure - legs, body or really bad scenario - gimball.
2018-2-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It certainly looks like a problem with VPS, they may need calibration.
2018-2-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Have you got landing protection on?
2018-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now