3066 16 2018-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Big Easy Drone Videos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 856 ft
United States

Hi Guys
I bought this black sling bag from Amazon to carry my Mavic Air, and all it's extras.
One plus is that it also just wide enough to bring my landing pad with me also.
"Tactical Sling Bag Pack Military Rover Shoulder Sling Backpack"

Tactical Sling Bag Backpack

Tactical Sling Bag Backpack
2018-2-11
Use props
Dangerstaple
lvl.2
United States

The two cases it came with when I put it in a backpack and head out in the woods, I like the drone in it's own little pouch.  It seems more protective than sitting in the larger case. I also just bought an imitation Pelican case from Harbor Freight for $30.  I think it is robust enough to keep everything safe when it's is stored around the house and when I want to throw it in the car to take somewhere.
2018-2-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice but a bit big for mini drone!
2018-2-11
Use props
Big Easy Drone Videos
lvl.2
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-2-11 06:28
Nice but a bit big for mini drone!

Sling pack's size: 14 * 11.5 * 6.5 inch (H*W*D), enough for carrying 14"laptop,iPad, notepad, goggles, book, keys, wallet, cell phone, flashlight, gloves, water bottle, chargers etc on a daily basis, and also my 3 4K action sports cameras and Zhiyun Smooth Q w/ Plate, 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer,plus all my ND Filters, Plus I can also wear it when riding my 2014 Harley Street Glide, or just put the whole thing in one of it's saddle bags :-)

2014HarleyStreetGlide

2014HarleyStreetGlide
2018-2-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Big Easy Drone Videos Posted at 2018-2-11 06:37
Sling pack's size: 14 * 11.5 * 6.5 inch (H*W*D), enough for carrying 14"laptop,iPad, notepad, goggles, book, keys, wallet, cell phone, flashlight, gloves, water bottle, chargers etc on a daily basis, and also my 3 4K action sports cameras and Zhiyun Smooth Q w/ Plate, 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer,plus all my ND Filters, Plus I can also wear it when riding my 2014 Harley Street Glide, or just put the whole thing in one of it's saddle bags :-)

I see - your original post only stated that you bought it for the Mavic Air and it's extras - I was going to say that kind of defeats the object of buying a Mini Drone if you're carrying it in a backpack that I would use with my P4P LOL - but now you mention the rest of the equipment it makes more sense.
2018-2-11
Use props
Big Easy Drone Videos
lvl.2
United States

Ok here's a updated photo of my DJI Mavic Air, and Sling Back Pack
Sling Back Pack Contains
(1) DJI Mavic Air, Contoler, 2 Extra Batteries. Plus all of it's extras, props, guards, cables, etc, etc
(2) PolarPro 3 ND & 3 ND/PL Filters in cases
(3) Action Camera Case. Inside 1 Small Square 4K Action Camera, 3 Full Size 4K Action Cameras, Plus extra batteries, mounts, & cables
(4) Gimbal with mounts for Cellphones And Action Cameras
(5) Large Drone Landing Pad
(6) LG-G4 for flying the drone(7) Mophie USB Backup Battery/Charger
(7) Mophie USB Backup Battery/Charger
(8) Black Actio Camera Handle
(9) Small action camera tripod
I might of missed a couple of things, But this is the way I travel with my drone and action cameras..

MavicAirBag.jpg
2018-2-15
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

Mentioned in another thread, but I have an EVOC Photop 16ltr. The bottom has a 6ltr compartment that can take 2 small (3ltr) camera "packs" as EVOC calls them, one on each side, accessible from side zips. The bag has one currently and has my Canon M5 mirrorless cam and 2 other lenses. The other side is empty and perfect size for the MA in its case and the controller in the mesh pocket. I'm looking to get another 3ltr camera block to put the drone in but they are quite soft (although well padded) so not sure if it will be good for the drone or not. It does appear there is enough space just to fit MA, controller and 4 batteries in it. Top 10ltr of space is used for the other stuff I carry (food, drink, maps, coat, etc)

overview.jpg

camera_comp.jpg

spare_comp.jpg
front.jpg
2018-2-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I shall order a MC Case which I already have for my Spark: https://mc-cases.com/dji-mavic-air-carrying-case-transport
It's very solid, waterproof and also serves as take off/landing pad.
2018-2-15
Use props
Grubko00
lvl.1

Poland

For short distances i use a camera bag that i bought for carrying my old Nikon d90 but for bigger distances I think its wiser to ship the drone toghether with other belongings. But it's worth to be sure that a transport provider that will handle it gently. Currently the best solution imo is for longer trips instaed of carryign the drone everywhere on the airport etc. is to lisit it on https://clicktrans.com/ and find someone with very good opinions. It is also a good way to reduce costs of shipping comparin to other shipping possibilities

2018-2-27
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I just don't get why people buy huge hard cases and back packs for something that is so small, the whole idea is that it can be taken anywhere, some might as well buy a Phantom due to the size of the kit they carry!
2018-2-27
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-15 06:31
I shall order a MC Case which I already have for my Spark: https://mc-cases.com/dji-mavic-air-carrying-case-transport
It's very solid, waterproof and also serves as take off/landing pad.

That looks pretty nice.

Todd in Chicago
2018-2-27
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

For right now I'm rather fond of just using the shoulder bag that came with the fly more combo.  The drone and controller, a total of 3 batteries, and once I get a good mount, I'm pretty sure the side pouch will be able to carry my Crystal Sky.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2018-2-27
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I'm using the Peak Design Everyday 10L Sling. I always carry my Air inside its protective case, but it fits snugly into one of the sling compartments. Still got enough space for controller, 2 extra batteries, charger and a smallish mirrorless camera (Sony A6300)
2018-2-27
Use props
fans4ee4a121
lvl.3
Canada

I use a trash can
2018-2-27
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

What a constructive, intelligent comment! I guess by your reckoning, the Mavic Pro would need a dumpster then?
2018-2-27
Use props
HighMesa
lvl.4
Mexico

Very little space for me, so the compactness of the Air is important

Spare batteries and controller / phone in a gallon zip lock

Landing pad (car sun shade) folds up into a quart zip lock

Air in its case

All of the above fits into my riding pack at left which is already full of stuff like an inReach satcom, food, etc.

The chain is heavy but working for me so far in typically windy conditions. Rocks are an option but often scarce and stick up just enough to provide some near misses.

2018-2-27
Use props
RL_XXI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 456 ft
United States

Every thing I need and smaller than a brief case. Throw it over my shoulder, hop on my motorcycle and find new stuff to film. Go places where my truck can't.

2018-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules