Gear retract motor has stopped working
604 4 2018-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Breakneckone
New

United States

The retract motor on the unit has stopped working. I can manually rotate the acturator with a screw driver. I have tried the multiple actuation of the gear switch with no effect. Can I replace this motor my self or does it need to go back for service?
2018-2-11
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

you can replace it, but it requires the whole drone come apart. everything is built off and around it. BTW did you check to make sure its fully plugged in?
2018-2-11
Use props
Breakneckone
New

United States

I am not sure how to do that but will check
2018-2-11
Use props
Breakneckone
New

United States

I notice that the lead screw feels sort of tight when I cycle the gear manually. And when I try  to cycle with the motor you can definitely hear the motor trying to operate but it is stalled. Are there any maintenance instructions for lubricating the lead screw. If so what type type of lub? Would WD40 be out of line
2018-2-11
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Breakneckone@gmail.com Posted at 2018-2-11 08:53
I notice that the lead screw feels sort of tight when I cycle the gear manually. And when I try  to cycle with the motor you can definitely hear the motor trying to operate but it is stalled. Are there any maintenance instructions for lubricating the lead screw. If so what type type of lub? Would WD40 be out of line

Hi, ..... you can clean the wormgear with TriFlow first. Then use some grease listed below afterwards. I would manually move the assembly a few times to work the grease into it. See if the gear works with the motor drive after all is said and done.
Depending on your environment, this should be something each owner can do for maintenance.
Rich
TriFlow pen

10533 White Lithium Grease
2018-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules