Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Random Android compatibility and DJI Go 4 App.
8471 38 2018-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rigger73
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378478 ft
Netherlands

Dear DJI,

I've been happily flying my Phantom 4 Pro with a Huawei MediaTab 2 10", but it's a bit bulky and heavy.

I fancied something lighter, a better resolution - and something that wouldn't stress the remote control cradle.

So my nice lady bought me a very nice Samsung Tab S2 8" for Christmas.

Wonderful resolution, not to big for the remote controller's cradle.  It's also far far lighter too.  Oh - and you an add an extra 128Gb Micro SD card (unlike Apple, where you pay a huge wasteful premium for extra storage)

All sounds good.

Not exactly.  It's not as if Samsung is a small manufacturer, is it?  8" isn't an uncommon size either?  The resolution would point a lot of people to buying one too.

So why oh why oh why can I not reliably connect my new tablet to the controller?

It connects on the first flight of the day - but then it will not connect to the controller, later on in the day.  It does not matter what sequence I try of power on  with tablet, controller or drone  It doesn't seem to matter when to connect the USB lead too, and I've also tried selecting developer options on etc within my new tablet.   After that - the remote or the App thinks I'm flying a Mavic Air, and will not transmit data video or other telemetry data from the drone.

Annoyingly - I know the remote controller is talking to the aircraft - as the camera tilts on command from the controller inputs.

What is stopping the DJI Go4 app connecting to one android tablet, but not another?

Surely DJI with all their tech wiz should be able to sort this app so that it is compatible across all android tablets?

This is with the latest firmware installed on drone and controller - and DJI Go4 app automatically updated - via a very stable wi-fi connection at home.

So - please - for those of us who aren't slaves to Apple - please fix the DJI Go 4 App for use across ALL android devices.

(Away at the moment - but will be home in a week or so if you need screenshots.)

To anyone else - is there a way to roll back not only the drone, but the controller and lastly select a working version of DJI Go 4 App?
2018-2-11
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
Netherlands

I'm wondering when DJI Susan is going to get round to answering this one.

I'm also surprised no one else has commented yet - as this seems to be affecting a lot of people.
2018-2-11
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I have no experience as i have the + RC but have you checked in the device settings that "USB debugging" is enabled, i think this is a requirement.

Other suggestions from my pick up in here, do a re-link of RC to AC before plugin in the device, if anywhere in the App you can choose the type of AC (P4/P4P/P4A etc.) check that it is right and eventually try selecting another type then the right one again.

Best of luck to you
2018-2-12
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
Netherlands

USB debugging was the reason I went into developer options.

I'm more surprised at the fact that so many people out there with issues connecting their Android tablets to the RC.

I mean, aren't Samsung leading sales over Apple?

I would have honestly thought that DJI would have looked at making sure that not only is DJO Go 4 compatible with Apple's iOS, but Google's Android software.   Infact, Intheir shoes, I'd be making sure that Android is more so - and that is what the majority of people use apparently.

2018-2-12
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
Netherlands

I'll try the re-link when I get back.

Is there any particular method, or is it fairly simple?
2018-2-12
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Anyone else have problems with their Android tablet connecting to the Remote Control?
2018-2-13
Use props
djiuser_Vy8PMdHwpbEC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25351 ft
United States

Rigger73 Posted at 2018-2-13 10:55
Anyone else have problems with their Android tablet connecting to the Remote Control?

I can connect to the RC on the side/charging port, but I am unable to connect through the USB port.....frustrating!!
2018-2-13
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My old note 3 was brill until i rooted it and added Android 6, it then acted the same as yours, it would connect on the 1st go and work fine but god forbid if i knocked the cable and it disconnected or if i wanted to do more flights, the only way was to try to reboot the note 3, normally a few reboots too. I dont know if it was the rom, because it was rooted or ???? Once i put it back to factory it worked 100% again, so i bought the note 5 that had Android 7 on it, i just loved the newer android, 5+ seemed so inferior lol

OK so that does not help does it, but i also have the Tab S2 9.7" that too works 100% have you tried another cable? i have 3 cables and i have 3 devices, Nvidia Shield k1, Note 5 and the Tab S2 and one of the cables wont work 100% on the K1 but fine on the other 2, the other cables work fine on all 3, nothing is ever easy is it....
2018-2-13
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
Netherlands

Thanks Bashy,

I've tried different cables - but here's the thing.

If I switch back to the Huawei MediaTab - it all works brilliantly again.

So - is it the Android version, or is it the tablet manufacturer?

Either way - DJI could do with looking into this - and making sure that DJI Go 4 App works seamlessly across all Android versions and manufacturers.

Otherwise- they will end up losing a good percentage of their users to Litchi or other 3rd party drone flying software that is probably a lot more stable.
2018-2-14
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
Netherlands

ANy chance of those who have had any android issues letting us all know (including DJI) - tablet and android version please.
2018-2-15
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Rigger, sorry for the late reply, at least you can rule out the cable, so, its very likely you have the default app set as DJI, and perhaps the android version, i rooted my S2, put on a clean slim rom with no rubbish installed, not even google, i then added a slim version od google apps and then FB, FB Messenger and my drone apps and DU recorder, my Tsb S2 9.7" works flawlessly, i have just replied to another post, follow my instructions for default app settings here
2018-2-15
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
Netherlands

Bashy,

Thank you.

I'm away working at the moment, and won't be back for a while yet.

Still - I'll try this link when I get back - thanks again.
2018-2-16
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The problem is that with the iOS operating system, there are a set of commands to program the device and it only has to talk to one brand of dsevice. With Android, again a set of commands, but hundreds of different devices, each one tweaked by their manufacturer to be just that little different. Android compatability is an oxymoron, it does not exist. DJI cannot tailor their software for a particular manufacturer, so they are at the mercy of those manufactuers, and in truth, Samsung is one of the worst offenders in fiddling with the platform.

Knowing this, I deliberately chose the dreaded Fruit platform, even though I can't stand their products, but at least in this situation, they work.
2018-2-16
Use props
Drone AD services
lvl.4
Flight distance : 697441 ft
Switzerland

Hello Rigger73,

I had the same problem with my Samsung Tab S2.
I found a workout for my problem but it might not work for you...just give it a try.

1. Disable USB debogging on your Android tablet (Developper options) and within the DJI GO 4 App
2. Start your drone
3. Start the DJI GO 4 App and connect the USB cable to the RC
4. Start the RC and wait for connection.

In this order it works everytime for me and if i change the order it never works...really don't know why.

I found this turnaround after a few months only and switched to IOS for reliability concerns.

Patrick
2018-2-19
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Back home a few days.

Finally gotten round to finding what Android Version my Samsung Tab S2 8" is - 7.0

Kernel Version - 3.10.84-12212928

DJI - would be nice if we had a reply.
2018-2-22
Use props
Pauxier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-2-16 00:57
The problem is that with the iOS operating system, there are a set of commands to program the device and it only has to talk to one brand of dsevice. With Android, again a set of commands, but hundreds of different devices, each one tweaked by their manufacturer to be just that little different. Android compatability is an oxymoron, it does not exist. DJI cannot tailor their software for a particular manufacturer, so they are at the mercy of those manufactuers, and in truth, Samsung is one of the worst offenders in fiddling with the platform.

Knowing this, I deliberately chose the dreaded Fruit platform, even though I can't stand their products, but at least in this situation, they work.

They should just say in big red letters "Android users will most likely not have a good experience, try at your own risk"   Maybe then folks wouldn't have to figure out the hard and expensive way
2018-2-22
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Pauxier Posted at 2018-2-22 12:46
They should just say in big red letters "Android users will most likely not have a good experience, try at your own risk"   Maybe then folks wouldn't have to figure out the hard and expensive way

Well, they do test some devices and recommend them. If you try to use a device that is not on the recommended list, then it is at your own risk. Then there are people like me who researched the whole issue before buying and bought an Apple iPad Air 2, because it got good reviews, despite the fact that I detest Apple.
2018-2-22
Use props
Pauxier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-2-22 15:14
Well, they do test some devices and recommend them. If you try to use a device that is not on the recommended list, then it is at your own risk. Then there are people like me who researched the whole issue before buying and bought an Apple iPad Air 2, because it got good reviews, despite the fact that I detest Apple.

Not hidden on the list of compatible devices, I'm talking about Big Red Letters on the buy now page  I'm well aware they wont.
2018-2-22
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hey Rigger, did you try those trouble shooting steps i posted and the ones that Drone AD Services posted?
2018-2-22
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Pauxier Posted at 2018-2-22 17:29
Not hidden on the list of compatible devices, I'm talking about Big Red Letters on the buy now page  I'm well aware they wont.

I am damn sure I would not put anything as negative as that on the product page of anything I was selling. And neither would any other sensible seller.
2018-2-22
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 2018-2-22 20:48
Hey Rigger, did you try those trouble shooting steps i posted and the ones that Drone AD Services posted?

Hi Bashy,

Yes - I tried a few things, including installing Assistant 2 to get the latest FW into the drone.

Tried the dev options with power on off - switching USB to charging etc.

It's connecting better than it was - but it's still not 100% = far from in fact.

I really am getting tired of this - and may consider selling my P4P.

I bought it for its 1" 20MP camera for my photography - as no other drone had that capability.

Well Y u n e e q have - with the new Typhoon 'Plus'.  So I may consider getting that instead.
I'm going to the Samsung help Centre in Belfast today - and see what they can do with the Tab S2 and the drone - maybe they can find something amiss.

2018-2-23
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Just tried something else.

I've uninstalled Avira Anti-Virus App that I had on previously.  I had DJI Go 4 as a Trusted App - but that didn't seem to do the trick.
So 100% uninstall of Avira.

I'm now getting 100% connection with DJO Go 4.

I'll try re-installing Avira afterwards - but if I get any of the same problems - then I'll have to uninstall again.

Sheesh!!!!

Nope - Sorry - it's as bad as it was.  Just turned everything off - reconnected and powered up - and The remote doesn't connect - and it keeps showing the Mavic Air.

FFS!!!!!!

2018-2-23
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

This can't be right, can it?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1jltts8kcsvi54v/20180222_222539.mp4?dl=0
I've had this with the aircraft disconnected, and the remote connected too.

Why oh why oh why oh why?????
2018-2-23
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Im in the Samsung store now.  The Samsung rep seems to think there is a conflict between DJI Go 4 and  Android 7.0.

The Huawei Mediapad 2 is Android 6.0.  Might explain the conflicts.

DJI - please an update for Android 7.0.
2018-2-23
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

So it's not Android 7.0 at fault either.

It seems there are different Android sub-builds in each device.

The Cellular Tab S2 has a different version of Android 7.0 to my Wi-Fi Tab S2.

Samsung have said calling their customer services - I might, might be able to swap for a cellular version and pay the difference.

Hope so.
2018-2-23
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

oh dear, you certainly aint having much luck, I am on Android 6, not sure if i mentioned that or not?
2018-2-23
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Bashy,

Yes you did mentiond Android 6.0.

We also disproved that yesterday at the Samsung Help centre.

They took my tablet and did a complete software refresh on it.  Re installed DJI Go 4.  As before - it works first time, then when you power down the remote or log out the app - and try to reconnect if fails to reconnect.

WE also proved that DJI Go 4 works on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S6, with android 7.0) with no problems at all.  We also proved that the Samsung Reps own Tab S2 (8') worked flawlessly.

What we did notice there was that his was a 4G (cellular) version - T715 IIRC (again, Android 7.0), while mine is a wi-fi version only T713 IIRC (Android 7.0)

There is apparently different sub levels of Android code with 7.0.

So next option is to hand back this tablet - as it is not doing what it was bought for.  G/F not over the moon as this was a Xmas present she bought for me.  Samsung are saying to hand it back in and get the 4G version.

To be honest - I'm not exactly over the moon at this - as all i takes is DJI to come out with another FW update - and the new tablet could be useless.

Like I said - I think I may end up getting shot of my P4P, and getting the new Y.u.n.e.e.q. Typhoon H 'Plus' - Hexacopter - good redundancy should one of the motors fail.  Also has same size sensor in it as the P4P.
2018-2-24
Use props
Kingp
New
Flight distance : 4892 ft

Rigger73 Posted at 2018-2-15 11:18
ANy chance of those who have had any android issues letting us all know (including DJI) - tablet and android version please.

Dji in partnered up with apple so dji will no longer be supporting android devices
2018-7-6
Use props
Kingp
New

Rigger73 Posted at 2018-2-11 20:24

I'm also surprised no one else has commented yet - as this seems to be affecting a lot of people.

DJI HAS PARTNERED UP WITH APPLE AND WILL NO LONGER BE SUPPORTING ANDROID.
2018-7-6
Use props
Kingp
New

Rigger73 Posted at 2018-2-11 20:24

DJI HAS PARTNERED WITH APPLE AND WILL NO LONGER BE SUPPORTING ANDROID.
2018-7-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Kingp Posted at 2018-7-6 15:28
DJI HAS PARTNERED UP WITH APPLE AND WILL NO LONGER BE SUPPORTING ANDROID.

That's absolute rubbish.
2018-7-6
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Kingp Posted at 2018-7-6 15:30
DJI HAS PARTNERED WITH APPLE AND WILL NO LONGER BE SUPPORTING ANDROID.

Absolute crap. If you can't offer useful advice, get off here. DJI's own CrystalSky units have an Android OS.
2018-7-6
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rigger73 Posted at 2018-2-24 10:11
Hi Bashy,

Yes you did mentiond Android 6.0.

So when they did the software refresh, was that android  7, 6 or 5 on it? also never let the device auto set the default app as dji go, you always want the popup asking to use it, so, clear the default apps for DJI and turn off setting the default app automatically...
2018-7-6
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

HI Bashy - sorry not gotten back to you sooner.

Work getting in the way of things.

I've reverted to using the Huewie 10" MediaTab 2 again.  

I've tried various things with the Samsung Tab2, but I've lost faith in DJI and using the Samsung Tab.  Ive tried clearing default apps etc.  Nothiing worked - nothing.  If I had the 4G  version of the Samsung Tab 2, then I'm sure it would be working fine - but this was a xmas present - and the girlfriend really wasn't happy when I broke the news to her.

She doesn't like the drone as it is, and I'm trying to keep her onside.  Buying a new tablet will not do that.
2018-7-14
Use props
igkotsis
New
Greece

Hi, i have exactly the same problem

I have a Phantom 4 and used to fly it with Honor 6. After some months that have not flight, i have decided to fly again...
But now with another device...Samsung S2 tablet...
It has never been connected. Tried everything found on the web (debugging, clear defaults, reinstall up...) but nothing solved the problem
I have tried with the Nokia phone that i now have, and it connects, but not with the Samsung tablet
Have finally found a solution on that?
2018-8-5
Use props
Happy Cynic
New
United States

Rigger73 Posted at 2-13 10:55

Yes. Just tried it tonight and it won't connect. Am redownloading the app (in case that's the problem) and then I'll try again in the morning.
2018-12-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Happy Cynic Posted at 12-28 22:41
Yes. Just tried it tonight and it won't connect. Am redownloading the app (in case that's the problem) and then I'll try again in the morning.

The app won't be your problem.
It will be the configuration of your tablet (and/or a bad cable).
Follow the instructions here to configure your tablet:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/ ... ep-by-step-guide.31
If trouble persists, try different cables.

You don't say what tablet you are trying.
If it has a fast processor and enough RAM, it should run the app well.
But if not it may have trouble running the demanding DJI Go app.
The rumours of Android difficulties are mostly due to people trying substandard tablets.
Use a good tablet and it runs very well.
2018-12-29
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its maybe just the tablet - stick with the Huawei.... they dont show/like many Android tablets - I just love the Huawei M3 10'' that I'm using.

''Requires Android 5.0 or above.
Compatible with Samsung S9+, Samsung S9, Samsung S8+, Samsung S7, Samsung S7 Edge, Samsung S6, Samsung S6 Edge, Samsung Note 8, Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei P20, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei P10, Huawei Mate 10 Pro, Huawei Mate 10, Huawei Mate 9 Pro, Huawei Mate 9, Huawei Mate 8, Honor 10, Honor 9, Vivo X20, Vivo X9, OPPO Find X, OPPO R15, OPPO R11, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Mix 2, Mi 8, Mi 6, Redmi Note 5, Google Pixel 2XL, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 5T.''
2018-12-29
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Aerial-Image Posted at 12-29 04:58
Its maybe just the tablet - stick with the Huawei.... they dont show/like many Android tablets - I just love the Huawei M3 10'' that I'm using.

''Requires Android 5.0 or above.

I think in general it is best to steer away from Samsung. I like their phones, but they always seem to have compatibility issues with DJI apps. Huawei seems to be the best bet at the moment.
2018-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules