GoPro question. What do you do to get video on Youtube?
1159 10 2015-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yug
lvl.4

Australia

I have been able to upload a very short clip with good results but another longer clip I have done is not smooth but jerky.

This jerkiness is prior to uploading so what I need to know I suppose is what program settings you use to convert ready to upload to Utube.

I shoot using Rod's recommendations of 720 / 60 and have tried both GoPro's program to convert and also dragging to desktop and using another program which I prefer because I can crop etc. I then convert to the program's recommended Utube settings (preset).

I am doing something wrong somewhere in the process.

Yug

2015-4-29
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

What I have found is that during export to youtube, I have to have 'smoothness' setting at least in the mid-range.  I also found that adjusting the timing in the playback during edit can help this a lot.
2015-4-29
Use props
Yug
lvl.4

Australia

nrgwise Posted at 2015-4-30 06:16
What I have found is that during export to youtube, I have to have 'smoothness' setting at least in  ...

Yes I have seen that setting but not sure what it was on. I will check and try again.

Thank you for your quick response.

Yug
2015-4-29
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Yug, can't say I do anything special at all with mine. I just use the GoPro app to import, cut out the dull parts. I don't mess with any of the framing, color or other finer adjustments. I run the conversion and set it to 720p which is the same way I have the camera set up.
720p 60fps.
2015-4-29
Use props
Yug
lvl.4

Australia

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-30 06:33
Yug, can't say I do anything special at all with mine. I just use the GoPro app to import, cut out t ...

Thanks for your advice.

I was not aware you had to set the conversion to 720 also. I will look at that along with nrgwise's advive.

Thanks again.

Yug
2015-4-29
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Yug Posted at 2015-4-30 06:36
Thanks for your advice.

I was not aware you had to set the conversion to 720 also. I will look at ...

In my GOPro app, step 3 conversion, it pops up with a box to select the quality. I can't remember what they are but there are several choices. One of them is video for YouTube which makes the file size smaller. I just select the 720p to keep it the same as the camera.
2015-4-29
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

I guess I should say I use Final Cut Pro X which may slant my responses...I will refrain in the future unless absolutely specific in response needed...don't want to give out erroneous info.
2015-4-29
Use props
Yug
lvl.4

Australia

nrgwise Posted at 2015-4-30 08:42
I guess I should say I use Final Cut Pro X which may slant my responses...I will refrain in the futu ...

Do you like Final Cut? I use a MacBook Pro but only now getting into Video with upgrading to FPV. I was more interested in getting some flight experience before getting Video. FPV has set me back a little with information overload but some more flight time should fix that.

Don't refrain on my behalf as I am keen to learn what others who are way ahead of me are doing.

Thanks

Yug
2015-4-29
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

Yug Posted at 2015-4-30 11:11
Do you like Final Cut? I use a MacBook Pro but only now getting into Video with upgrading to FPV.  ...

I love FCP.  I wish I had found the software a long time ago and had a use for it.   It is very easy to learn/use.  The capabilities are limitless.  I love the magnetic timeline.
2015-4-30
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

You realize utube is the "Universal Tube and Rollform Equipment Company" right?
2015-4-30
Use props
Yug
lvl.4

Australia

acenothing Posted at 2015-5-1 06:26
You realize utube is the "Universal Tube and Rollform Equipment Company" right?

Corrected, thanks

Yug
2015-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules