Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sad day
1058 10 2018-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ups_Jeff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434931 ft
United States

I have had my Inspire 1 for a little over a year, and never had a bump or bruise on it. Today, however, i crashed it while taking pictures, and the camera is in two pieces. I am so mad at myself. Does anyone know if the camera can be repaired, or do you just wind up having to buy a new one? Not sure what i am going to do.
2018-2-11
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Jeff

So sorry to hear about your crash....

You can look on eBay for some replacement possibilities or parts.. Totally up to you and your experience fixing things.  I will send you a PM too.

All the best
Rich
2018-2-11
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.4
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-2-11 11:05
Hi Jeff

So sorry to hear about your crash....

I don't know if anything else was damaged, since I don't have a spare camera to test. The bird seems to fly ok without the camera. I think I really need to have it checked out, just for peace of mind. I am considering sending it to Drone Nerds here in Florida. If I send it to DJI, I may not see it for some time, and Drone Nerds would have it back to me in probably one week. I will speak with them tomorrow, as they are closed on Sunday. I am so mad at myself for letting it happen. I have been considering buying the Phantom 4 pro, as a back up. The Inspire is just too large for some of the real estate jobs. Its great for when you are out it in the open, but in tighter spaces, not so good. Some Real Estate shots are tough with that size drone. Anyway, I should have known better, and not have gone for the shot.
2018-2-11
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Ups_Jeff Posted at 2018-2-11 12:13
I don't know if anything else was damaged, since I don't have a spare camera to test. The bird seems to fly ok without the camera. I think I really need to have it checked out, just for peace of mind. I am considering sending it to Drone Nerds here in Florida. If I send it to DJI, I may not see it for some time, and Drone Nerds would have it back to me in probably one week. I will speak with them tomorrow, as they are closed on Sunday. I am so mad at myself for letting it happen. I have been considering buying the Phantom 4 pro, as a back up. The Inspire is just too large for some of the real estate jobs. Its great for when you are out it in the open, but in tighter spaces, not so good. Some Real Estate shots are tough with that size drone. Anyway, I should have known better, and not have gone for the shot.

Jeff,
don't be so hard on yourself... we all make mistakes and we get better through practice. Glad you have a plan, I also thought of Florida drone supply out in your area. Michael is a great guy and could give you some help too.  I sent you an PM for something else to think about
You are right to have the drone checked out in case of some hidden damage.

Best to you
Rich
2018-2-11
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

running the X3 or the X5? if the X3 it may actually be cheaper just to source out a used one. usually used X3 $250-300 usd. the repair may cost the same.
2018-2-11
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.4
United States

I can already tell from going online, the x3 is hard to find. I may wind up selling my Inspire, since it does t seem that DJI is supporting it. They don’t even have batteries on their site.
2018-2-11
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Ups_Jeff Posted at 2018-2-11 18:26
I can already tell from going online, the x3 is hard to find. I may wind up selling my Inspire, since it does t seem that DJI is supporting it. They don’t even have batteries on their site.

Jeff
The Inspire 1  will still be supported and parts are available on Amazon and from other dealer's .. don't give on it just yet.  DJI obviously is promoting the new Inspire 2 and other new drones.

Hang in there
Rich
2018-2-11
Use props
Alastair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Switzerland

Hi Jeff,  just a heads-up if you're considering buying a used X3.  Some people are selling "bricked" cameras.  Buyer beware!
2018-2-12
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ups_Jeff Posted at 2018-2-11 18:26
I can already tell from going online, the x3 is hard to find. I may wind up selling my Inspire, since it does t seem that DJI is supporting it. They don’t even have batteries on their site.

there on ebay, just gotta look and be careful.  ive bought a coupld used ranging from $220-300 in price
2018-2-12
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ups_Jeff Posted at 2018-2-11 12:13
I don't know if anything else was damaged, since I don't have a spare camera to test. The bird seems to fly ok without the camera. I think I really need to have it checked out, just for peace of mind. I am considering sending it to Drone Nerds here in Florida. If I send it to DJI, I may not see it for some time, and Drone Nerds would have it back to me in probably one week. I will speak with them tomorrow, as they are closed on Sunday. I am so mad at myself for letting it happen. I have been considering buying the Phantom 4 pro, as a back up. The Inspire is just too large for some of the real estate jobs. Its great for when you are out it in the open, but in tighter spaces, not so good. Some Real Estate shots are tough with that size drone. Anyway, I should have known better, and not have gone for the shot.

where in Florida are you? I'm in Miami, I actually have an X5 for sale, if you want to take the plunge
2018-2-12
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.4
United States

I am going to send it to drone nerds tomorrow. I don’t want to put any more money into this Bird than i have to, because support for it is going to dry up. I do appreciate the offer. I think i am going to buy a phantom 4 Pro, as a back up.
2018-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules