Nerfed flight distance in UK? 1000ft max?
507 2 2018-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansacc1dc2b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30974 ft
United Kingdom

I have had my spark for about 2 weeks now and I keep trying to push it to the 1.2 mile (6000+ feet as advertised) flight distance with the controller, but I keep losing signal at around 900-1000 feet, I’ve tried this in several different locations, mostly around my regions coastline as far away from interference as I can imagine, I’ve read in some places that the transmission distance is less in the UK than in the US because of EU law, is anyone else having this problem or will I never be able to get my spark further than 1000ft away from me?
2018-2-11
Use props
Lyons90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164528 ft
Australia

There are loads of people in the UK that are saying they can't get further than 200m, so you're doing well.

If you are in rural area, no power lines around, turn off bluetooth in your phone and any devices you might have on you and that will be your best chance of longest distance.
2018-2-11
Use props
Expedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149613 ft
  • >>>
Germany

First of all nothing has been „nerfed“. There are two transmitting standards dji products support. CE and FCC. FCC standard used in the USA can use more power in the output of the signal, the CE standard which is used in most if not all European countries but also i.e. in australia is regulated to a less powerful output. It has nothing to do to „nerf“ drone pilots and has more to do to minimize noise pollution in the 2,4-5 GHZ bands.

Besides that fact you should maybe get into your local drone laws before flying your spark because i am not from the UK but even i know that your local laws only allow flights on sight. So you will never loose contact to your spark if you keep flying while respecting local laws.

If you have the opportunity to fly great distances permitted by the local laws you have to choose another transmitting standard. For example the Mavic Pro uses ocusync which allows distances of 5-6 km under the CE standard. But keep in mind that 5-6 km is still forbidden to fly in the UK (by the way it‘s forbidden to fly out of line of sight in the USA too, so no big advantage their as long as you follow the law).

Just as a side note from my own experience, i can easily keep line of sight to the spark up to 300m, on ideal weather conditions maybe 400-500m. Having someone besides me watching with field glasses it worked out for 700-900m but to be honest in a lot of countries even that is not allowed (it was at that time here in germany) - My longest flight with the spark in Germany was around 900m with an dedicated „watcher“. I think that this is not allowed anymore. So everything is fine. You can relax, you missing nothing, nothing nerfed, everything just following local laws.
2018-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules