Mavic Pro / issue looked like firmware but now it isn't ...
1211 14 2018-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dmurphynj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 757562 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi team!

I am having an issue with my Mavic Pro, and the more I look at it, the more it looks like a hardware problem (instead of a firmware problem as we first suspected!)

A quick look in this thread - https://forum.dji.com/thread-134772-1-1.html - will identify the issue (some flight modes & camera modes do not appear in DJI Go 4) -- but I think the root cause seems to be a non-working vision system.

I certainly wouldn't mind sending it in for repair, but my concern is that my DJI Care Refresh just expired on 8-Feb-2018(!!)

Having said that -- I did an online chat with DJI Support earlier last week (before 8-Feb) to try to diagnose what appeared to be a firmware issue.  The chat person took my information and mentioned that a developer would get back to me via email.  I did not receive an email or hear back from anyone yet.  At the time, we thought this was a firmware problem.   Now it appears to be a hardware problem.  "Vision system: Normal" status appears in DJI Go, but I never see any 'radar lines' or anything detecting objects.

So -- what I'm posting about here - is going to be to ask for your help proactively to make sure I can send this in under DJI Care Refresh.  As I didn't receive a case id number from the earlier chat (as they were trying to escalate to a developer for a firmware issue) -- I'm now showing my service plan as expired when I try to open a case.  Please can you assist in getting my service plan reactivated for this one issue?  This Mavic has never been crashed and does not outwardly show an issue.  I only noticed it when trying to enable the new Pano modes.

Thank you for any help you can offer!

Capture.JPG

IMG_9427.JPG IMG_9426.JPG

2018-2-11
Use props
dmurphynj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Quick update: I did open case CAS-1468734-V1Q3P2 - but it is showing "Service plan: unavailable."  Can use your help getting that changed.  Thank you!
2018-2-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Dennis, sorry to hear about the difficulties that you've been experiencing. For the issue of the DJI Care Refresh expired, I will help to forward your situation to the designated team and see if it is possible to help on this case. Since you mentioned that you had reported this case previously and haven't got the reply, may I have your email address that you used for contacting our support? Please let me know if it is the same as the one you used for opening the case. I will also forward it to the proper team to check.
2018-2-11
Use props
dmurphynj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Thor!  Yes it is the same address, as it is here on the forum... dennis UNDERSCORE murphy AT mac DOT com.

Thanks again - really appreciate anything we can do here. :-)
2018-2-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

dmurphynj Posted at 2018-2-11 19:04
Thanks Thor!  Yes it is the same address, as it is here on the forum... dennis UNDERSCORE murphy AT mac DOT com.

Thanks again - really appreciate anything we can do here. :-)

Thank you for your update, for the support issue, I had also forwarded to the proper team to investigate.  For the missing features issue, I had forwarded to our engineers to check. I will reply you once I hear from them. Please kindly wait patiently.
2018-2-11
Use props
dmurphynj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-11 20:01
Thank you for your update, for the support issue, I had also forwarded to the proper team to investigate.  For the missing features issue, I had forwarded to our engineers to check. I will reply you once I hear from them. Please kindly wait patiently.

Thanks for the reply -- I just sent you a PM on this case.  Thank you.
2018-2-19
Use props
dmurphynj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-11 20:01
Thank you for your update, for the support issue, I had also forwarded to the proper team to investigate.  For the missing features issue, I had forwarded to our engineers to check. I will reply you once I hear from them. Please kindly wait patiently.

Hi Thor - can you please reply to either my PM or my email?  I’m having an issue with the repair - and I’m haven’t been able to get a response all week to get it corrected.  Thanks much.
2018-2-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

dmurphynj Posted at 2018-2-23 14:10
Hi Thor - can you please reply to either my PM or my email?  I’m having an issue with the repair - and I’m haven’t been able to get a response all week to get it corrected.  Thanks much.

Hi there, I am terribly sorry for the late reply for some reasons. I will forward your case to the proper team to assist to handle your case. Hope it will be addressed soon.
2018-2-23
Use props
dmurphynj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-23 18:57
Hi there, I am terribly sorry for the late reply for some reasons. I will forward your case to the proper team to assist to handle your case. Hope it will be addressed soon.

Thank you!  I appreciate it.  I have received the invoice from Repair but it does not list the DJI Care Refresh that should be on it ... this is the only thing holding us up right now.

Thanks much!
2018-2-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

dmurphynj Posted at 2018-2-24 12:15
Thank you!  I appreciate it.  I have received the invoice from Repair but it does not list the DJI Care Refresh that should be on it ... this is the only thing holding us up right now.

Thanks much!

I just checked your case, the DJI Care Refresh was purchased on 2017-02-09 and ended on 2018-02-08. While the case is created around 12nd Feb. I'm sorry that the DJI Care Refresh has been expired at this moment, and that's why you get the message of Service plan: unavailable. Hope for your understanding.
2018-2-24
Use props
dmurphynj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-24 23:05
I just checked your case, the DJI Care Refresh was purchased on 2017-02-09 and ended on 2018-02-08. While the case is created around 12nd Feb. I'm sorry that the DJI Care Refresh has been expired at this moment, and that's why you get the message of Service plan: unavailable. Hope for your understanding.

Hi Susan - this is not correct information.  I had opened a case earlier in the week for firmware issues which turned into the hardware repair.   Because of this I reached out and spoke with Mike.

I received confirmation - via email and a phone call - from Mike that this would be supported.  If you provide an email address I can send you his confirmation. It has the subject of “CAS-1482716-G2V6D3 CRM:0670000002383” so please check that.  I only mailed it in after Mike’s confirmation that it would be covered.  

Please recheck the above if you could.

Thanks,

— Dennis
2018-2-24
Use props
dmurphynj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Quick update for everyone - the repair is sorted out, DJI Care Refresh has been applied and the Mavic should be on its way back shortly.

Thanks so much to DJI's support team (especially Tom) for the excellent, excellent customer care.  Quite happy with the outcome - now let's get that bird back in the air!
2018-2-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

dmurphynj Posted at 2018-2-26 10:42
Quick update for everyone - the repair is sorted out, DJI Care Refresh has been applied and the Mavic should be on its way back shortly.

Thanks so much to DJI's support team (especially Tom) for the excellent, excellent customer care.  Quite happy with the outcome - now let's get that bird back in the air!

Glad to know the issue was sorted out in the end, appreciate your update, hope you will receive it soon.
Should you have any other problem, please let us know.
2018-2-26
Use props
dmurphynj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-26 19:52
Glad to know the issue was sorted out in the end, appreciate your update, hope you will receive it soon.
Should you have any other problem, please let us know.

All is well that ends well!  The repaired Mavic Pro was delivered today, and I’m thrilled to say, it’s working perfectly now.  All of the issues - the missing radar/
Object avoidance bars ... the missing Pano mode ... the missing Quickshot mode ... all works perfectly.  

Great news indeed and I cannot thank the DJI staff enough for all of their assistance!!

Thanks again - just another reason I’d never consider anything but DJI.
2018-3-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

dmurphynj Posted at 2018-3-2 20:50
All is well that ends well!  The repaired Mavic Pro was delivered today, and I’m thrilled to say, it’s working perfectly now.  All of the issues - the missing radar/
Object avoidance bars ... the missing Pano mode ... the missing Quickshot mode ... all works perfectly.  

It's pleased to know everything works great now, thanks for your update, hope you have a great time with it and fly safe.
2018-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules