New Firmware Version Released Today
3173 17 2018-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans621af22f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 396365 ft
United States

So, I see a new firmware version has been relased today for M200 series.  Are we supposed to load it without knowing what it is supposed to fix/update/improve/add, etc. etc. ??

There are NO release notes.  DJI, we need release notes if you expect us to use new firmware.  Thank you.
2018-2-11
Use props
Zuidwestdrones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 276604 ft
Belgium

Maybe a solution on the issue posted as compas error p2.
2018-2-11
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

Zuidwestdrones Posted at 2018-2-11 16:42
Maybe a solution on the issue posted as compas error p2.

If Pawel get right (and it seems !) https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 7&page=1#pid1193243
Performance of M200's serie would be decreased......
Max speed ; Max wind resistance....

at the moment, we bought these specs, let's see if it changes...
2018-2-11
Use props
Pawell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 990256 ft
Poland

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-2-11 20:34
If Pawel get right (and it seems !) https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 7&page=1#pid1193243
Performance of M200's serie would be decreased......
Max speed ; Max wind resistance....

It is supposed to be a 'hardware update"; quote from DJI:
"To solve this issue, our R&D department will release a Hardware Update for Matrice 210 on 11 Feb 2018. After this update, the issue you have should be solved. Please kindly await for 3 days until the update released"
They did not arrive at my office on Sunday to perform a hardware update so it seems they will upgrade the hardware via the internet (that makes no sense). I suspect they will limit the output current to 80% and call it a day. It was already partly implemented as "reducing current to ensure battery health" message in DJI go, they will just make it permanent.
So if I screw up, fly like a newbie and loose connection, the drone tries to RTH, but it goes against the wind, so it looses GPS and does not come back.
[just speculation]
2018-2-12
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Pawell Posted at 2018-2-12 04:15
It is supposed to be a 'hardware update"; quote from DJI:
"To solve this issue, our R&D department will release a Hardware Update for Matrice 210 on 11 Feb 2018. After this update, the issue you have should be solved. Please kindly await for 3 days until the update released"
They did not arrive at my office on Sunday to perform a hardware update so it seems they will upgrade the hardware via the internet (that makes no sense). I suspect they will limit the output current to 80% and call it a day. It was already partly implemented as "reducing current to ensure battery health" message in DJI go, they will just make it permanent.

what do you mean by "call it a day"?
2018-2-12
Use props
Pawell
lvl.4
Poland

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-2-12 04:23
what do you mean by "call it a day"?

Instead of replacing damaged units, change the design, recall damaged units they will just limit the output. Easiest for them, no effort on their side and no cost. For us - a worse aircraft than before.

If there was a miracle update that would fix the issue they would have done it earlier (even by DJI standards it has been too long), and "This firmware version mainly optimizes the compass data" just seems like they try to cover something up.
And calling it a Hardware update a week ago and now changing their mind to a software update? Maybe it was too expensive to fix the issue so they just covered it up.
[just speculation]
2018-2-12
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

I'm uploading the new M210 firmware. There is not any Firmware Note... Does someone know what are the news?!
2018-2-12
Use props
Olivier Vietti-Teppa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11618934 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-2-12 09:12
I'm uploading the new M210 firmware. There is not any Firmware Note... Does someone know what are the news?!

Notice on New Matrice 200 Series Firmware
To further improve flight safety and user experience, DJI has released an important firmware update for the Matrice 200 Series aircrafts. Please inform your Matrice 200 Series customers to update the aircrafts ASAP.
【Update Description】
 Optimized compass data fusion. Fixed the error due to compass interference during flight
 M210 RTK: Improved D-RTK positioning accuracy; Precision Return to Home is now enabled by default.
 Fixed an issue that caused HDMI image output to be abnormal when using dual downward gimbals.
 Fixed an issue that caused gimbal ESC updates to fail.
【Who Should Update】
To ensure optimal flight safety and reliability, please inform all end users to update the firmware for their aircrafts to the latest versions.
【How to Update】
Via DJI Assistant 2
Download and install DJI Assistant 2:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... sistant+2+1.1.8.exe
 Connect aircraft to your PC.
 Start DJI Assistant 2
 Update aircraft firmware to V01.01.0600 (Matrice 200 Series)
【Notes】
 The Zenmuse Z30 should be updated to v01.00.00.47 before using the gimbal with this firmware. Reset the gimbal parameters after the Zenmuse Z30 firmware update is complete.
 Only newer Zenmuse XT models are compatible with the Matrice 200. A replacement may be required if your XT model isn't supported. Please contact DJI Support to learn more about various XT model compatibility. The Zenmuse XT gimbal adapter and DJI Pilot app are also required when used with the Matrice 200.
 If the firmware update fails, restart the aircraft and DJI GO 4, then try updating again.

2018-2-12
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Hi guys,
Do you still meet issues with GPS/Compas with the new firmware update?
2018-2-14
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

I had gps issues today on my m210 around a wind farm. Uav is supposed to be tolerant to electro magnetic fields. Lost gps multiple times, camera feed on both x5s+z30 went green, pilot app failed a couple of times, then without gps, uav was at the mercy of winter wind. Scary
2018-2-17
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

kozlio# Posted at 2018-2-17 21:17
I had gps issues today on my m210 around a wind farm. Uav is supposed to be tolerant to electro magnetic fields. Lost gps multiple times, camera feed on both x5s+z30 went green, pilot app failed a couple of times, then without gps, uav was at the mercy of winter wind. Scary

How many flights have you ever done with M210? Is it the first time you get this issue?
2018-2-18
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Please edit the title of your post with date ... Thank you.
2018-2-18
Use props
fans256bf996
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1415016 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone know if on all the updates it requires you to do it to each set of batteries? I don't see that specified in the release notes.
2018-2-19
Use props
fans621af22f
lvl.3
United States

fans256bf996 Posted at 2018-2-19 15:14
Does anyone know if on all the updates it requires you to do it to each set of batteries? I don't see that specified in the release notes.

I would like to know the answer to this as well.  There are some on other groups who say that the new firmware must be updated for each set of batteries like the last (.05) firmware version required.  Let's get some DJI confirmation.  Thank you.
2018-2-19
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-2-18 10:17
How many flights have you ever done with M210? Is it the first time you get this issue?

i haven't flown much, under 5 times - licensing for commercial uav flights in canada is pretty bureacratic, need permissions for everything. i finally got the provincial uav licence. and then getting close to wind turbines was special. definitely the first flight near such large metallic structures.

i lost gps signal multiples times on the m210, even when far away from them (was zoomed in with z30).

is it the electro-magnetic interference that messes up the gps/compass? what is your experience?

thanks!
2018-2-19
Use props
fans621af22f
lvl.3
United States

fans621af22f Posted at 2018-2-19 16:30
I would like to know the answer to this as well.  There are some on other groups who say that the new firmware must be updated for each set of batteries like the last (.05) firmware version required.  Let's get some DJI confirmation.  Thank you.

I just used Assistant 2 with 3 pairs of batteries that I had updated using the .05 process of cycling through each pair and waiting 90 minutes before use. Each pair of batteries created no issue with the bird that had already been upgraded to .06. Assistent 2 was perfectly happy with each pair and said everything was up to date with each pair inserted. So...I would think if the batteries needed updating, it would be in instructions and Assistant 2 would flag the system as needing to be updated.  It didn’t.  Jus’ sayin’.  
2018-2-20
Use props
Pawell
lvl.4
Poland

kozlio# Posted at 2018-2-19 16:33
i haven't flown much, under 5 times - licensing for commercial uav flights in canada is pretty bureacratic, need permissions for everything. i finally got the provincial uav licence. and then getting close to wind turbines was special. definitely the first flight near such large metallic structures.

i lost gps signal multiples times on the m210, even when far away from them (was zoomed in with z30).

It is probably not magnetic interference, just a special feature of the M200 series.
2018-2-20
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Pawell Posted at 2018-2-20 08:05
It is probably not magnetic interference, just a special feature of the M200 series.

Heh, interestingly ... no, let me re-phrase ... typically the DJI tech support response to my question about M200 Compass Error/GPS error issue is very laconic, to put it politely. "... please re-upgrade the firmware, because we have solved the problem ...". Period. As usual, not a single word of explanation what is causing this behavior, nor what was the solution. Firmware tweak by limiting power supply to ESC? That's not the solution, that's bondo patching ... One may accept this for Spark eventually, but not for M200, my friends ... BTW, new FW 01.01.0600 (re-freshed or not) didn't solved the issue, here at least ...
2018-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules