1618 9 2018-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shoot It WA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3576476 ft
Australia

Hey Guys!

Has anyone had any luck getting a recreational permit to film with a drone in WA national parks?
I have a meeting with the Great Southern Department of Biodiversity Conservations and Attractions District manager on Wednesday to attempt to arrange some sort of guidelines or aggreement on my declined application.
It seems like DBCA really aren't up to date with current drone tech, quoting hazzards of combustion engines amongst their reasons for declining my application.

I had to fight to get my wildlife interaction permit to film whales from them so I imagine this will be no different.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2018-2-11
Use props
4WDaus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1187257 ft
Thailand

Much of their law is based on helicopters. So far I also have just stayed away from the popular parks without issue
2018-2-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Perhaps contract Gabriel, for his thoughts.
https://www.diyphotography.net/2 ... ant-move-australia/

RedHotPoker
2018-2-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Gabriel is bsed in Sydney.
Expecting him to know the ins and outs of Western Australia state rules would be like asking someone from Newfoundland for tips on the rules in British Columbia.
2018-2-11
Use props
Shoot It WA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3576476 ft
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-2-11 19:30
Perhaps contract Gabriel, for his thoughts.
https://www.diyphotography.net/20-year-olds-drone-shots-will-inspire-probably-make-want-move-australia/

That instagram account is amazing! Thanks for sharing, but he's on the wrong side of the country.
A lot of people here just ignore the fact that its illegal to fly in National Parks without permission and do it anyway. I'd just like to be on the right side of the law for my own peace of mind.
2018-2-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Shoot It WA Posted at 2018-2-11 21:17
That instagram account is amazing! Thanks for sharing, but he's on the wrong side of the country.
A lot of people here just ignore the fact that its illegal to fly in National Parks without permission and do it anyway. I'd just like to be on the right side of the law for my own peace of mind.

Just tell everyone you are looking for iron ore, then she'll be right.
2018-2-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Labroides Posted at 2018-2-11 21:08
Gabriel is bsed in Sydney.
Expecting him to know the ins and outs of Western Australia state rules would be like asking someone from Newfoundland for tips on the rules in British Columbia.

So you don't think he travels around the county?

Canada is one of the biggest countries in the wild world so that's kind of a Corny comparison.

I didn't realize you were in Japan. ;-$

RedHotPoker
2018-2-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Shoot It WA Posted at 2018-2-11 21:17
That instagram account is amazing! Thanks for sharing, but he's on the wrong side of the country.
A lot of people here just ignore the fact that its illegal to fly in National Parks without permission and do it anyway. I'd just like to be on the right side of the law for my own peace of mind.

I just thought he might be a great resource for gathering more info. My bad...

Ok, you are on your own. Good luck

No good deed goes unpunished. Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2018-2-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-2-11 22:28
So you don't think he travels around the county?

Canada is one of the biggest countries in the wild world so that's kind of a Corny comparison.

Yeah .. Canada is #2 on the list of biggest countries and Australia is only #6, right down there with those other little ones like Lichtenstein, Andorra, Monaco etc.
2018-2-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Labroides Posted at 2018-2-11 22:45
Canada is one of the biggest countries in the wild world so that's kind of a Corny comparison.
Yeah .. Canada is #2 on the list of biggest countries and Australia is only #6, right down there with those other little ones like Lichtenstein, Andorra, Monaco etc.

Haha, yeah, we rank high on the list of peaceful places to live as well.

I guess that's why it's not in me to argue here, with you.

But if you ever want to come up, for some big game hunting, my hunter host card is open... Haha

Sometimes I tend to forget Australia is such a massive piece of real estate. Summer all year long.

RedHotPoker
2018-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules