809 6 2018-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 333976 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been a photographer for a long time but I’m new to video. What video editing software is the most popular and why?
2018-2-11
Use props
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I’m using iMovie because I have it already. Is it worth $300 for Final Cut?
2018-2-17
Use props
Dorset_Horn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

Can't believe nobody else has an opinion on this! I'm trying to choose between Adobe, DaVinci and Lightworks.
2018-2-21
Use props
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dorset_Horn Posted at 2018-2-21 12:57
Can't believe nobody else has an opinion on this! I'm trying to choose between Adobe, DaVinci and Lightworks.

I was a little shocked that this didn’t create more of a discussion as well. Thanks so much for your input. I’ve never heard of DaVinci.  I’ll look it up.
2018-2-21
Use props
csevengo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1172221 ft
United States

So I am very comfortable editing photos in photoshop and Lightroom. Have been shooting photos for years.  I figured Premier Pro would come to me like second nature. Nope. So then I discovered DaVinci Resolve, and that had even more of a learning curve. I have finally settled on Final Cut Pro. I wasn't able to to just jump right into editing videos with ease. Obviously it takes some time to learn the ins and outs. Im still learning new ways to make my workflow easier. Whatever you finally decide to use be patient and you'll get it.

And you both are right, Im surprised this isn't a popular conversation.
2018-2-21
Use props
Rickyber
lvl.4
Flight distance : 403488 ft
United States

csevengo Posted at 2018-2-21 22:31
So I am very comfortable editing photos in photoshop and Lightroom. Have been shooting photos for years.  I figured Premier Pro would come to me like second nature. Nope. So then I discovered DaVinci Resolve, and that had even more of a learning curve. I have finally settled on Final Cut Pro. I wasn't able to to just jump right into editing videos with ease. Obviously it takes some time to learn the ins and outs. Im still learning new ways to make my workflow easier. Whatever you finally decide to use be patient and you'll get it.

And you both are right, Im surprised this isn't a popular conversation.

Trying to decide on a decent one too!
Who makes Final Cut Pro?
2018-2-24
Use props
IamWedge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 321398 ft
United States

For PhotosI use Adobe Photoshop Elements 9, Adobe Lightroom, For Video Im using Pinnacle Studio Ultime 21. I will be upgrading to Adobe Premiere Pro CC once I get over the fact that ive go to pay a yearly fee to use it. SMH
2018-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules