Questions on using Crystalsky 7.85" UB with Mavic Pro
1476 4 2018-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Hello Mavic flyers:

Looking at buying Crystalsky 7.85" UB to use with Mavic Pro.

The Crystalsky does not come with a powersupply.  
Powersupply that comes with Mavic Pro can not be used to charge Crystalsky batteries.

DJI has a list of powersupplies that can be used with Crystalsky.
One of powersupplies on list is Phantom 4 Series 160 W power supply.

Supposedly the Phantom 4 Series 160 W power supply can be used with Mavic Pro Battery Charging Hub.
Which would mean only having to carry one powersupply instead two.
Can anyone confirm Phantom 4 Series 160 W power supply will work for both Mavic Pro charging hub and Crystalsky battery craddle chargers?

The Crystalsky does not come with a mount or required USB cord to DJI remote controller.
DJI sells a mount for use with remote controller that does come with required USB cord.

However, I do not like the DJI mount.  I would prefer to use a lexan panel cut to fit in DJI remote controller's arms with a cut-out in middle for Crystalsky battery to fit through.
Which brings up issue of separately buying required cable.Would USB cable go into left slide Micro-USB conntector on DJ remote controller or go into middle standard USB connector between arms of DJI remote controller?
What type of USB cable is needed to conntect Crystalsky to DJI (Mavic Pro) remote controler?

Thanks,
HedgeTrimmer

2018-2-11
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11286 ft
  • >>>
United States

UBS cable comes from the left of the remote. Get the smaller CS. I have the larger one and wish I had gotten the smaller version for the M-Air
2018-2-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

FoxSTI Posted at 2018-2-11 22:38
UBS cable comes from the left of the remote. Get the smaller CS. I have the larger one and wish I had gotten the smaller version for the M-Air

Thanks.  
I would get smaller CS, but I really need larger one for two reasons:
1) Need bigger screen for my viewing.
2) Need the extra brightness, only available with bigger screen.
One other reason is bad experience with fat-fingers on small touch screen.

I had considered a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.  Has large enough screen and brightness of 1,240 nits.
But after another day of attempting to fly in daylight, unable to read two warnings that popped up on screen, till I got screen shaded, I decided I needed 2,000 nits.
2018-2-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Stumbled on this in another thread.  
Epson Moverio BT-300
Looks like another possible option.  
Off to do more research.
2018-2-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-2-11 23:23
Stumbled on this in another thread.  
Epson Moverio BT-300
Looks like another possible option.  

The Moverio sounds really good except for one thing.
(Following based on two reviews)
You need to use tinted sunshades with Moverio when outside on moderate to bright days.  Otherwise the superimposed GO4 view is washed out.
Problem is, the tinted sunshades make it harder to look beyond the superimposed GO4 view to actually see your drone.

There was also a warning about flying around objects.  Took sometime to get used to actually seeing drone flying by around objects and seeing superimposed view from drone's camera perspective.
2018-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules