618 4 2018-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eyeloveteeth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1015397 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well! I'm not new to the forums, I actually own two mavic pros, but went ahead today and purchased a Obsidian 4 Pro+ - but i did have a few questions and i figured it was easier to post them all together than to go hunting across the boards (they are a bit hard to navigate when looking for specific info)

1. Does the 4 Pro+ battery come also as high capacity? I ordered 3 high capacity (although the wait time seems long for the obsidian ones!) - but just wanted to know. Currently, I use 5 mavic pro batteries.... have i EVER used all 5? nope, although in the colder seasons i've gone through 4. (PS - how do you warm up the batteries?)

2. Are the controls similar to that of the Mavic Pro controller? One of the main reasons I bought the Phantom is because I'm tired of using my phone, so I bought the controller with the screen. But I am worried about the learning curve as I can't quite tell how different the controls will be.

3. Actually I've had this question for a while - on the DJI goggles AND on I noticed on the Phantom 4 Pro+ controller - there is a SD card slot. What is the purpose of this? Double recording?

4. I also bougth the 3 Battery Charger - has anyone tried to take the plastic frame apart to spray gray to match the Obsidian color? Also - the multi battery charger - i need to use the power cord from the Phantom 4 Pro+ right?

5. Do the DJI Goggles work with the Phantom 4 Pro+ ?

Looking forward to 4K @ 60FPS

PS - if you are interested! My youtube channel: https://youtube.com/andiethelab

and our New Years video!

2018-2-11
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

1) Yes - actually there is no special batteries for a +, the AC is the same and the + tell it is a RC with builtin display.
Keep the batteries warm by carry them close to you body or in a isolated bag/box, if needed you can have it idle/hover low until warmed further.

3) as is the SD slot can be used for FW updates and edit of lowres video in the App editor (not sure if latest updated have added features to the use of it).

Why would you mind the color of the charger?
2018-2-12
Use props
eyeloveteeth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1015397 ft
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-2-12 04:15
1) Yes - actually there is no special batteries for a +, the AC is the same and the + tell it is a RC with builtin display.
Keep the batteries warm by carry them close to you body or in a isolated bag/box, if needed you can have it idle/hover low until warmed further.

thank you!

Honestly because everything else i purchased is the obsidian dark color, so the multi battery charger being white is a bit funky to me lol.

AH, i had no idea the microsd slot was good for firmware updates.... i'm even more confused why the DJI Goggles have a microsd slot then lol
2018-2-12
Use props
Big Popie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 608642 ft
United States

Yes googles work with the HDMI cable SD is for DVR. But no head tracking think.  The Controller,
like most can be set up many ways most are set to mode 2. I like Andie

2018-2-12
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

eyeloveteeth Posted at 2018-2-12 11:41
thank you!

Honestly because everything else i purchased is the obsidian dark color, so the multi battery charger being white is a bit funky to me lol.

I've not fully played with the sd slot in the Goggles, but they will now playback a number of video file formats for files stored on the SD card.

Have a look at page 15 of the Goggles menu for more info':

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf

Edit:- And page 13 gives the functionality of the goggles with various aircraft. USB lead seems to be the best option for P4P.
2018-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules