Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI OSMO Mobile 2 and NOTE 8?
9510 7 2018-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Leeches
New

Czechia

Hello,

right now i am using galaxy s8 and i am really thinking about upgrading to note 8. I want to buy this gimbal as soon as it comes to czech republic shops. My question is. Can it actually hold note 8 or should i rather stay on galaxy s8?

I was reading that osmo 1 got some issues with holding and balancing note 8.

Any suggestions or experiences?

Thank you in advance.
2018-2-12
Use props
Macreo
lvl.2

Canada

My Note 8 fits and works perfectly fine:
2018-2-12
Use props
Macreo
lvl.2

Canada

My Note 8 experience:

Without Case:
- Fits and works perfectly fine in both horizontal and portrait

With Samsung Kickstand Case:
- Fits, but I wouldn't trust it as it can easily be knocked loose and fall off
- Works fine in horizontal
- Works in portrait but you have to make sure it's perfectly balanced. It's a fine line before it fails and flops.

I may put small notches in my case so that it can have a firm grip and be 100% secure. But other slim cases would probably work better.
2018-2-12
Use props
Leeches
New

Czechia

Good to hear that. Is battery usage higher with heavier phone? How long can u record in one shot?
2018-2-13
Use props
djiuser_9ecpbcTy4u4M
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Leeches Posted at 2018-2-13 00:15
Good to hear that. Is battery usage higher with heavier phone? How long can u record in one shot?

I am also a note 8 user.
I experiment a 1.5hr+ motion hyperlapse while hiking (2160p, 0.5second interval) with Note 8 + OM2
If there is anything I should worry about battery level, it should be on Note 8 side.
(hopefully android Oreo soon solve the background app issue)

Having said, I believe the gimbal would spend more power to balance a longphone in portrait mode than in landscape mode (some physic calc'n).

Also in place of windy situation, i feel the OM2 is battling against wind (Intuitively, this should also consume more-than-normal power)
2018-3-8
Use props
RegDawg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54091 ft
United States

I am a note 8 user as I just received my OM2 yesterday. I have a very slim case on mine and with the case on it works fine in horizontal however I feel like the motors work just a tad bit harder with the case on plus battery life probably diminishes a bit. I have not yet tried it in portrait mode. With the case off it works very well for a big phone. DJI does however recommend not using a case but that will be at the users discretion I guess. I like to have my phone protected at all times especially with this phone as one drop could crack it but I don't know if using the case every time I use the OM2 will degrade the motors much faster. I mean its not like I will be using the OM2 daily so I may keep the case on.

Just for reference, this is the case I'm currently using:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2018-3-8
Use props
djiuser_9ecpbcTy4u4M
lvl.2
Hong Kong

The most dangerous moments my Note 8 ever had, while working with OM2, is not the spring-loaded clamp fails to hold the phone (without case).
In fact the clamp, which holds the big phone like NOTE 8, has rubber in its inner side, it s holding the phone very safely

Rather I realize I almost dropped my Note 8 twice, both instances were due to that spring load clamp.
Holding & inserting a large phone while spreading the spring load clamp is an awkward gestures.
I think a lot of OM2 users have pointed the same facts already.
2018-3-8
Use props
ASh.lv
New

Can I use both note 8 cameras? Just tried mine note8 and osmo 2 and it looks like it's just using it's own digital zoom but not the second zoom lense, which would improve quality.

Otherwise it works also with the original protective standing case, but this size seems to be the maximum it can handle - it's extended to maximum to be leveled.
2018-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules