Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Warning. New DJI assistant V1.2.2.827 Will Brick Spark
10650 83 2018-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tamborrel
lvl.1
Mexico

bjr981s Posted at 2018-2-12 22:58
It works fine as long as you don't update the Sparks Fly Zones database. Thats what killed mine.

Same here...  
2018-2-26
Use props
Tamborrel
lvl.1
Mexico

stevecurrie Posted at 2018-2-14 07:59
Hi there, in Canada and used a PC the first time to try it. Bricked and would not be recognised by Assistant 2 on that PC. Went to my Mac and tried to have Spark recognised  by the Mac. No luck. Went back to PC , deleted Assistant 2 and then reloaded Assistant 2 and cold booted machine, plugged in Spark no change  , still not recognised.  I tried holding the power button several times for the 3, the 6, the 9 and even 15 seconds and nothing changes. No ready to pair sound , no change in lights..Nada. It self test for about 2 seconds and goes into the back lights flashing rapid yellow and front solid red despite 15 various reboots

I have exactly the same problem.  Bricked when using the new version of Assistant 2 (I bought also a Mavic Air, so I needed this version) to update the NFZ database in my Spark.  I have Mac OS Sierra.
2018-2-26
Use props
djiuser_HQ5EQCyxH4Sm
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-24 02:06
Hi all, this is a known issue, at present, we had urgently released DJI Assistant 2 V1.2.2.845 regarding this issue, please kindly download the latest version.
To those who had updated the Spark via DJI Assistant 2 V1.2.2.827 and caused the disconnection issue, please contact our support to start a case and send the drone in for repair, http://www.dji.com/support. At the same time, please also update the DJI Assistant 2 to the latest version V1.2.2.845.
Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your support.

Will the repair be covered by DJI, since it is a known case of devices being bricked by an official update?

I have messaged support, and their reply so far is, sending me link to a list of official repair centers with no intent to compensate for a costly motherboard replacement.
2019-6-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_HQ5EQCyxH4Sm Posted at 6-20 18:56
Will the repair be covered by DJI, since it is a known case of devices being bricked by an official update?

I have messaged support, and their reply so far is, sending me link to a list of official repair centers with no intent to compensate for a costly motherboard replacement.

May we know if your issue happened after updating the firmware? If so, you may note your situation on the case and send the drone back, the local team will need to evaluate the drone when it arrives and determine if it is a warranty case or not.
Please kindly start a case on the provided link first, you can provide me with your case number once you get one, I'd help to keep an eye on it.
2019-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules