Sphere Panorama + APAS Issue
1000 10 2018-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rd73
lvl.2
France

Hi there,

when starting a sphere pano with APAS activated, the panorama wil stop at about 10% (third or fourth picture) and hang. Clicking on stop is the only way to go out of the pano mode.

I thing that should not be the case :-)
2018-2-12
Use props
spycorfu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1122989 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Same problem with me also.
No pano photos possible
2018-2-12
Use props
rd73
lvl.2
France

@dji > Any news on this bug ?
2018-2-13
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

rd73 Posted at 2018-2-13 01:01
@dji > Any news on this bug ?

I don't think this is a bug, APAS is basically a sophisticated obstacle avoidance mode, when shooting pano's you should be in a stationary hover to collect the photos, no need for APAS during the sequence.
Simply turn off the APAS to complete the pano then turn it back on and continue flying.
2018-2-13
Use props
rd73
lvl.2
France

QuadKid Posted at 2018-2-13 01:10
I don't think this is a bug, APAS is basically a sophisticated obstacle avoidance mode, when shooting pano's you should be in a stationary hover to collect the photos, no need for APAS during the sequence.
Simply turn off the APAS to complete the pano then turn it back on and continue flying.

It is a bug since it stops doing anything forever after having started 3 images.
The bug is easily avoided, thats true.
2018-2-13
Use props
Tweak88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 176096 ft
United States

I have only had this issue during extreme wind with the Mavic Air. Now i do have to import the picture into another app to create the actual sphere though.  I assume that is the same for everyone.  
2018-2-13
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Just turn APAS off. Do not think this is a bug! Ya dont need APAS for pano's!
2018-2-13
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

yep, but if u fly with APAS (to ge to pano POI), then stop to take shots - as long as drone not moving APAS should not affect doing panoramas...
I think that need of turn it off, and after pano to turn on  just create risk of someone got distracted - forgot to turn it back ON and crash drone... not needet risk IMO really
2018-2-13
Use props
rd73
lvl.2
France

KREMi Posted at 2018-2-13 07:39
yep, but if u fly with APAS (to ge to pano POI), then stop to take shots - as long as drone not moving APAS should not affect doing panoramas...
I think that need of turn it off, and after pano to turn on  just create risk of someone got distracted - forgot to turn it back ON and crash drone... not needet risk IMO really

Could not have say it better :-) This is no deal breaker for sure, but the fix is easily implemented by DJI.
So, let's do it :-)
2018-2-13
Use props
spycorfu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1122989 ft
  • >>>
Greece

it is a bug as before reading this forum thraid i had no idea what was caussing it.. now i know and altough it is easily avoidable...if you know the cause... IT IS A BUG!
2018-2-13
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

It didn't do it before FW update either, so I would say it is a bug and definitely can be corrected by DJI in a future FW update.
2018-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules