Amending Ops Manual / Adding a second UAS
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StevenVFX
New
Flight distance : 2710 ft
United Kingdom

I have recently completed and submitted my Ops Manual to the CAA which covered procedures for the Inspire 1, and is of yet still waiting to be approved by the CAA.

However, my company are now buying the Inspire 2 and selling the Inspire 1.
Any help on the following quastions would be a great help. I have searched the Internet and the CAA but am struggling to find a clear answer.

What are the rules/regulations on ameneding an Ops Manual to cover procedures for a second UAS?

Does the Ops Manual have to be resubmitted to the CAA?
If resubmitted, should I wait for first Ops Manual to be approved before resubmitting?

Thanks for any help

2018-2-12
Use props
Simon7354
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1721414 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you asked these question's to the NQE you did your PfCO with? they should help you, that all part of their service I would of thought.
If you look towards the bottom of the SRG1320 form you'll see the direct number for the Drone department at the CAA, they are very helpful, pose the quetions you have to them, I'm sure they will give you the answer you need.
You will have to amend your OM with  your new I2, this would be seen as a major update. They are stating 28 days for OM to go through their system of approval. Your PfCO runs for 12 months, any changes within that time I beleave are free to ammend. Confirm with them, don't take my word for that.

I would try and keep your first I1 as a backup. you just never know...and sometimes some clients just cant afford the I2.

Simon
2018-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules