Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
anyone using xiaomi Mi A1
5240 15 2018-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
silv3rspark
Flight distance : 198980 ft
Malaysia

Hi,
anyone here using Xiaomi Mi A1 on DJI Go App for DJI Spark?  i'm planning to buy that phone since Xiaomi Mi5 (lesser specs) are under compatible devices but not sure if its have any compatibility issues.

thanks
2018-2-12
Use props
BMelody
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3146 ft
United States

hey silv3rspark,

I was reading about guys using the Huawei Ascend XT2. It has been nicknamed the "WONDERPHONE" or something like that. It was a burner phone from Walmart. Walmart blew them out for $49.00. I wish I would have know about them as I would have got several just to have spares. Anyway I did some research and the specs are very good.

Here is a link to the specs; https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/a2bd4690

I found one on craigslist for $60.00 NIB so I decided to pick it up. Am I glad I did! I charged it up, downloaded the latest DJI GO 4 app and using OTG I flew my MP for several flights. I am so impressed with the phone I am going to get another one for my spark. I only fly with the an OTH cable so in order to use OTG with the spark I will need to load an earlier version of Go 4 but that's no big deal.

If you want a good (GREAT) BRIGHT display for droning you cannot beat this phone.

I also have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X that does work well I have been using with my spark. However I am looking to replace it with the Huawei Ascend XT2 as it's screen is a bit brighter. It really pops.

~Bill
2018-2-12
Use props
silv3rspark
Malaysia

BMelody Posted at 2018-2-12 06:44
hey silv3rspark,

I was reading about guys using the Huawei Ascend XT2. It has been nicknamed the "WONDERPHONE" or something like that. It was a burner phone from Walmart. Walmart blew them out for $49.00. I wish I would have know about them as I would have got several just to have spares. Anyway I did some research and the specs are very good.

Hi Bill,

this helps alot! because currently im using iPhone 7 and it works perfectly, but i have second phone redmi 4A which i thought can be used just for my spark but the phone does hung and easily lost connections.

just compare the specs of A1 and yours Note 4X and it is pretty much the same (cpu,gpu,ram). adding this phone into my phone list that can be solely for my spark.

cheers mate

2018-2-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Here are some phones that are the most compatible with the Spark and Go 4 app:

APP / LIVE VIEW
iOS Version v4.2.4.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.
Android Version v4.2.6.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S8 ,Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.

*Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues.
2018-2-12
Use props
silv3rspark
Singapore

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-2-12 07:54
Here are some phones that are the most compatible with the Spark and Go 4 app:

APP / LIVE VIEW

Hi Mark,

thanks for the reply - yes this is the list i've gone through and saw Xiaomi Mi 5, and hoping that Xiaomi Mi A1 should now be a good compatible phone as well since its has higher specs. cheers

2018-2-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

silv3rspark Posted at 2018-2-12 08:42
Hi Mark,

thanks for the reply - yes this is the list i've gone through and saw Xiaomi Mi 5, and hoping that Xiaomi Mi A1 should now be a good compatible phone as well since its has higher specs. cheers

It may work. You always need to make sure the operating system is it to the current version.
2018-2-12
Use props
Phuong Do
Second Officer
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Yes, I am, Mi A1 is great phone. you won't regret buying it. And it works well with DJI Go 4, no issue at all. At least none so far
2018-2-12
Use props
silv3rspark
Malaysia

Thanks DJI-Mark and Phuong Do!
2018-2-12
Use props
silv3rspark
Malaysia

Thanks DJI-Mark and Phuong Do!
2018-2-12
Use props
Azamat Taskynbekov
New
Flight distance : 14386 ft
Kazakhstan

Phuong Do Posted at 2018-2-12 18:06
Yes, I am, Mi A1 is great phone. you won't regret buying it. And it works well with DJI Go 4, no issue at all. At least none so far

I can not connect my Xiaomi Mi A1 with the controller via Wi-Fi at the same time when controller has a Wi-Fi connection with Drone (Dji Spark). I am going to try with OTG adapters and so on...but, can you help me maybe I have to update anything in my all devices? Thank you, for your answers!
2018-2-13
Use props
Riks
lvl.1
Italy

Phuong Do Posted at 2018-2-12 18:06

Hi i'm interested to buy a xiaomi for my spark, can I ask what connection you use to connect phone to Spark RC? maybe OTG? becouse I read in more post that with the xiaomi there is issue to connect via wi-fi with the spark RC, and I don't understand this issue, due to insert the xiaomi 5 in the compatible device in the official APP/LIVE VIEW compatible device on the official DJI website. hmmm...
2018-5-12
Use props
Riks
lvl.1
Italy

Hi, can i ask if you have buyed this X Mi A1 and you have encounter no issue? please can you tell your experience about flying your spark with Xiaomi Mi a1?
2018-5-12
Use props
Phuong Do
Second Officer
Vietnam

Riks Posted at 2018-5-12 07:23
Hi i'm interested to buy a xiaomi for my spark, can I ask what connection you use to connect phone to Spark RC? maybe OTG? becouse I read in more post that with the xiaomi there is issue to connect via wi-fi with the spark RC, and I don't understand this issue, due to insert the xiaomi 5 in the compatible device in the official APP/LIVE VIEW compatible device on the official DJI website. hmmm...

Hi, Sorry for the late reply. I have zero issue with both wifi and OTG connection on Mi A1
2018-6-11
Use props
Phuong Do
Second Officer
Vietnam

Riks Posted at 2018-5-12 07:26
Hi, can i ask if you have buyed this X Mi A1 and you have encounter no issue? please can you tell your experience about flying your spark with Xiaomi Mi a1?

Hi, Mi A1 owner here and zero issue
2018-6-11
Use props
Phuong Do
Second Officer
Vietnam

Azamat Taskynbekov Posted at 2018-2-13 12:32
I can not connect my Xiaomi Mi A1 with the controller via Wi-Fi at the same time when controller has a Wi-Fi connection with Drone (Dji Spark). I am going to try with OTG adapters and so on...but, can you help me maybe I have to update anything in my all devices? Thank you, for your answers!

Please make sure you are connecting to the RC wifi, Usually the wifi name will contain "RC" letters. Make sure you update the latest firmware for A1. I have no matter at all connecting with both wifi and OTG.
If you have matter then you might have a faulty A1
2018-6-11
Use props
gorkreg
lvl.1

Spain

Can I use Xiaomi Mi A1 with the gimbal DJI OSMO Mobile 3?
2020-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules