Violent wobble when in active track Mavic Air
1652 9 2018-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Goatherdervt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 386178 ft
United States

I experienced a peculiar behavior with my Mavic Air when in active track.  Whenever I track an object that goes faster than 15 mph the craft will start to wobble or shake.  It has no problem tracking or keeping up with the object, and the camera does a great job smoothing out the footage, but the wobble has happended twice now and it is rather violent.  This happened yesterday, after the latest update, and I was tracking a vehicle at about 100 feet directly overhead.  I can clearly see it in the video that I have taken and will post it when I have a chance.  In the meantime, has anyone else experienced this?  I am aware of the shaking that occurs in cold weather, and the temps yesterday was around 32 degrees or 0c.  Otherwise, the drone has been flying flawlessly.
2018-2-12
Use props
achim1989
lvl.2
Germany

Does the wobble continue or does it get better when holding the speed for longer?
2018-2-12
Use props
Goatherdervt
lvl.2
United States

The farther it goes the more violent it seems to get.  I hit the stop button both times it happened for fear it would go out of control.  When I track an object walking or going slow it has no problems at all.  It seems so far to be related to the speed of the object being tracked.  Both times the vehicle was traveling 15 to 20 mph.
2018-2-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Do you have an example to share?
2018-2-12
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

United States

I like violent drone footage. Please share.
2018-2-12
Use props
Goatherdervt
lvl.2
United States

I will upload the video as soon as I get home from work.  Its amazing how smooth the video is with all the shaking and wobbling going on.  
2018-2-12
Use props
achim1989
lvl.2
Germany

Just a shot in the dark: can you try to remove the SD card and just use the internal memory?
I'm asking this because we already heard of other (e.g. gimbal) sd card related issues on this forum and my (not so educated) guess is that this is something similar because the tracking algorithm does interface the SD card to swap data.
I think it is worth a try...
2018-2-12
Use props
Goatherdervt
lvl.2
United States

2018-2-12
Use props
Goatherdervt
lvl.2
United States

I know the video doesn't show much, as the footage looks smooth, but if you could have seen the drone it looked like it was about to shake itself apart.  It just goes to show how well the camera works with all that shaking.  I will try to recreate the conditions this weekend but will have another camera pointed at the drone itself.
2018-2-13
Use props
djiuser_FBjlKj1YxSaW
New

United Kingdom

Hi I just experienced Havy Wobble on my mavric pro it was like uncontrolled on Active track also many times stopped like it see me as an obstacle
2021-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules