Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Crazy color fringing in DNG
968 7 2018-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rd73
lvl.2
France

Hi there,

on my Mavic Air (updated to last firmware version), I get a systematic color fringing (magenta on the sides of the image and yellow in the middle) when shooting DNG.
This makes using DNG totally not possible.
Also, panoramas made out of DNG in PTGui for example become unusable.

Example:
Capture 2018-02-12 à 17.16.21.png
2018-2-12
Use props
rd73
lvl.2
France

When turning up saturation to make things more evident: Capture 2018-02-12 à 17.16.35.png

2018-2-12
Use props
rd73
lvl.2
France

@dji > Should I start a support case ?
2018-2-13
Use props
pawel_g
lvl.3
Flight distance : 509268 ft
Poland

Yep I can confirm I can see such things im my Mavic Air. Not sure how it was with previous firmware as I've updated before making any flights.

Not quite visible, but noticeable - especially now on the snow.Not the different color of snow in the center of the picture.

20180213-FC2103-DJI_0104.jpg
Br, Pawel.
2018-2-13
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

rd73 Posted at 2018-2-12 08:40
When turning up saturation to make things more evident:[view_image]

That's often called the "hot spot" or "red spot" and is an artifact of the camera stack. Later firmware versions much improved the artifact on the Mavic Pro so much so that I don't even notice it these days, but have to admit I haven't been flying over snow. Hopefully a similar update will be released for the Air.

You can read up on this thread and read tech support's PDF explanation for the behavior.
2018-2-13
Use props
rd73
lvl.2
France

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-2-13 07:21
That's often called the "hot spot" or "red spot" and is an artifact of the camera stack. Later firmware versions much improved the artifact on the Mavic Pro so much so that I don't even notice it these days, but have to admit I haven't been flying over snow. Hopefully a similar update will be released for the Air.

You can read up on this thread and read tech support's PDF explanation for the behavior.

Excellent read, thanks. Nevertheless, on the MA this makes taking photos almost useless in these conditions at least.
2018-2-13
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

rd73 Posted at 2018-2-13 08:13
Excellent read, thanks. Nevertheless, on the MA this makes taking photos almost useless in these conditions at least.

I believe that thread also discusses ways to compensate in post, a few people made Lightroom or Photoshop presets. if not this thread, then one of the many on the subject -- check Google for "hot Spot" or "red spot" threads in the forum. Hope this helps!
2018-2-13
Use props
pawel_g
lvl.3
Flight distance : 509268 ft
Poland

Yep, in Lightroom it seems that circular filter with some white balance shift solves the problem pretty easily.

Br, Pawel.
2018-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules