Mavic Air battery firmware update?
22055 15 2018-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kirbyvid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2844 ft
United States

Hi, Is there a Mavic Air battery firmware update? How do I go about doing that?

Do the batteries need to be attached to the charger?

Appreciate any answers.
2018-2-12
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232359 ft
Netherlands

Update them via de Air.
2018-2-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, like Tadango mentioned above, the battery is updated along with the drone's firmware. If there is a need to update the other batteries, please try to refresh the latest firmware with the drone via DJI Assistant 2. Hope it helps.
2018-2-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-12 20:22
Hi, like Tadango mentioned above, the battery is updated along with the drone's firmware. If there is a need to update the other batteries, please try to refresh the latest firmware with the drone via DJI Assistant 2. Hope it helps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPmWvxeSp7E&index=7&list=PL8-vxWY64sBOeP6CJM0vmkDB0onco2V2i&t=20s

All batteries are flying fine with the v...200 firmware on the MA, so I take that as they are already on the same levels so no interchange of battery for update required.
2018-2-12
Use props
TorontoAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 125289 ft
Canada

Thought I'd try DJI Assistant 2 on my PC today and interesting 2 batteries were not up to latest firmware and did the calibration over again for the Air on my PC. Everything went well let's hope no flying problems today. Only problem and not really a concern is DJI Assistant 2 would not recognize the controller. Most likely my PC having a problem with the USB connection.  
2018-4-22
Use props
Mountaindrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>

thank for the information !
2018-4-22
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft

Hi, like Tadango mentioned above, the battery is updated along with the drone's firmware. If there is a need to update the other batteries, please try to refresh the latest firmware with the drone via DJI Assistant 2. Hope it helps.

Maybe they should make an updated video explaining that when updating the MA firmware it updates the battery firmware if its needed at the same time and if you have more than one battery you need to repeat the upgrade process with each battery that you own.
2018-4-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Tomcatuk Posted at 2018-4-22 23:37
Maybe they should make an updated video explaining that when updating the MA firmware it updates the battery firmware battery at the same time and if you have more than one battery you need to repeat the upgrade process with each battery that you own.

Thank you for your suggestion. Will forward to our engineers to know.
2018-4-24
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-24 03:13
Thank you for your suggestion. Will forward to our engineers to know.

Thank you
2018-4-27
Use props
Jackp2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 382073 ft
Netherlands

I also have a question about the firmware of the battery. Where can i find which firmware version is currently installed on the battery? I can see the firmware versions of the AC, RC etc, but not of the battery itself. Or i am looking right past it?
2018-6-22
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Jackp2 Posted at 2018-6-22 10:57
I also have a question about the firmware of the battery. Where can i find which firmware version is currently installed on the battery? I can see the firmware versions of the AC, RC etc, but not of the battery itself. Or i am looking right past it?

I would need to check myself, but from memory I dare to say that you cannot see the specific firmware version on the batteries. What is important though is to always check if they are up to date. The most reliable way to do this is with DJI Assistant 2: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
Connect your aircraft to a PC or Mac and check one battery after the other with the aircraft switched on. Should there be a mismatch with a battery, DJI Assistant will tell you and request to update.
Not each firmware update for the aircraft requires updating the batteries too, but once in a while this is the case. Thus after each firmware update for the aircraft you should check if the update is relevant for the batteries as well. This way you will be always on the safe side.
2018-6-22
Use props
Jackp2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 382073 ft
Netherlands

Thank you for your answer. When i bought a second battery, i did get the message it needed to update, and it did update the battery fine. So i'm not worried about it, i was just wondering if  i could verify the version somewhere. For now, everything is up to date
2018-6-24
Use props
djiuser_xaHDFgoObgIH
New
United States

Hi, like Tadango mentioned above, the battery is updated along with the drone's firmware. If there is a need to update the other batteries, please try to refresh the latest firmware with the drone via DJI Assistant 2. Hope it helps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPmWvxeSp7E&index=7&list=PL8-vxWY64sBOeP6CJM0vmkDB0onco2V2i&t=20s

Thank you very much, Muchas gracias, Grazie mille, Domo arigato!
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_xaHDFgoObgIH Posted at 2018-8-14 09:29
Thank you very much, Muchas gracias, Grazie mille, Domo arigato!

Hi, Kindly keep us posted in any case you will encounter any issues. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-14
Use props
duhs10
lvl.1
Flight distance : 617 ft
United States

New to the Mavic Air (and drones in general)…. Just want to be sure I'm understanding correctly about battery firmware.

After a firmware update on the drone I can simply power off the drone, install my other battery, power on the drone, and the DJI Assistant 2 will prompt me if further update is needed?? OR do I need to refresh the software with each of the batteries to ensure the proper firmware is installed?

Thanks.
2019-1-7
Use props
djiuser_Re5Al0Bb5RZD
lvl.2

United States

So I've been following this thread as I've had the same issue- 2 out of the 3 batteries in the Fly More package needed a firmware update, while the 3rd battery never generated the message in the DJI Fly app. So I installed the DJI Assistant app on my Mac, connected the MA2, and I don't see any area for battery firmware. I do see the firmware listed for the drone itself, but not the battery.

Could this be a Mac thing? Or are you seeing an area for battery firmware on the windows version?
2020-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules