1475 4 2018-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3621066 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys, I just turned my Phantom 4 on today just to see how many hours I have on it so far, but after turning it on I got an almost immediate error message for the ESC's on the Overall Status screen. No idea why it would say that, because I flew it less than a week ago and everything was perfectly fine, and since then it has been sitting in my room in perfectly normal conditions.

I just tested it again with my other battery and then again with the first battery and everything seems to be fine now... any ideas why it would give me that error just the one time?

ESC errors

ESC errors

2018-2-12
Use props
Mr Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3621066 ft
  • >>>
United States

just a theory... could it be that it's because its the first time I've flown it since the new firmware came out and even though I haven't downloaded it, this error message still comes up as some kind of subtle warning that I should download the new firmware? Maybe make you think there is an issue with your drone so you will download the new firmware immediately instead of relying on the previous version?
2018-2-12
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Mr Smith Posted at 2018-2-12 11:55
just a theory... could it be that it's because its the first time I've flown it since the new firmware came out and even though I haven't downloaded it, this error message still comes up as some kind of subtle warning that I should download the new firmware? Maybe make you think there is an issue with your drone so you will download the new firmware immediately instead of relying on the previous version?

I doubt very much the esc error message is a subliminal way to make you do a firmware update.
Why you got the ESC errors ? I do not know but if its working ok now all is good.
I would however fly with caution at least for the next couple of flights.
Keep an eye out for any further error msgs.

2018-2-12
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-2-12 12:07
I doubt very much the esc error message is a subliminal way to make you do a firmware update.
Why you got the ESC errors ? I do not know but if its working ok now all is good.
I would however fly with caution at least for the next couple of flights.

Just a glitch you may had some dust in the motors anyway looks like it cleared itself by restarting with another battery. If it happens again then I would be concerned.
2018-2-12
Use props
rjs21989
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858701 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have the same error, can’t fly. Help!!!!
2018-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules