508 16 2018-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dicon.sp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124505 ft
Spain

Hello everyone

My name is Manuel and I am spanish from Valencia, sorry for my poor english I write with a translator.

I have a PH4 Pro about 3 weeks ago, before receiving it I was watching several videos about its operation.

When I received it, I fully loaded the drone's transmitter and battery, and then following the instructions I performed the calibrations, including sensor calibration using DJI Assistant 2.

On the terrace I did some start-up and lift tests of the aircraft, working correctly (I have to say that I use mode 2 in the Master Stick Mode), but when I want to move the aircraft to the right, left or forward, backward, the right stick does not respond correctly, working only occasionally and intermittently.

Thinking that there could be interference on the terrace produced by metal objects or electrical areas, and that this was the reason for the errors, I waited to perform the tests in open space.

This Saturday I went to an open area with the drone calibrated and the problem is the same.

I tried the flight in simulation mode (Academy), and the right stick responds perfectly.

I am trying to solve the problem as soon as possible and know if it is the aircraft's fault or configuration problem, to decide if I return it to the store where I bought it.

Aircraft                                                                       01.05.0300

Remote Controller                                                   01.04.01.00

Precise Fly Safe Database (for Aircraft)                01.00.01.08

Precise Fly Safe Database (for App)                      01.00.01.08

Basic Fly Safe Database                                          01.00.01.06

Greetings and I hope your help
2018-2-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Are you getting any type of notification of interference? Have you updated the firmware?
2018-2-12
Use props
dicon.sp
lvl.2
Spain

Hello Mark

When I did the tests on my terrace some messages were calibration of the compass, other times it came out normal. (My English is very poor and sometimes I do not have time to see the messages).

The terrace is in an attic and the roof that covers that part of the house is metal, for that reason last Saturday I went to open field where there were no metal objects, and the right stick was still giving problem, however the left stick works well even with the message of the compass.

About the firmware, I have been updating what I was asking for when connecting the aircraft and activating it and they are the updates that I have put here:

Aircraft                                                                 01.05.0300
Remote Controller                                         01.04.01.00
Precise Fly Safe Database (for Aircraft)         01.00.01.08
Precise Fly Safe Database (for App)                 01.00.01.08
Basic Fly Safe Database                                 01.00.01.06

If the firmware you are referring to is not what I indicated, please tell me where I downloaded it and where to find a tutorial to update it, to see if that solves the problem.

Thanks for your help
2018-2-12
Use props
dicon.sp
lvl.2
Spain

I have been looking at information about the firmware and IF it is all updated as I indicated above

I hope to find an answer soon

Regards 
2018-2-12
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

As i read it you might have messed up the compass to start with.
You have to make a new correct Compass calibration, do it out in the open away from any human made constructions while keeping your mobile, RC and any metals (knife, coins etc.) at a distance.

Good luck.
2018-2-13
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try calibrating the controller sticks
2018-2-13
Use props
dicon.sp
lvl.2
Spain

Hello KedDK

Nothing else I can prove what you tell me. (I think it's the last option left)

But it is strange because I have seen videos flying this aircraft on terraces similar to mine and have had no problem of loss of the compass, it seems as if the signal that has to send the right stick of the transmitter to the drone will fail.

Is the movement signal sent by the station to the drone with the two antennas?

Also in the simulation mode (Academy), the right stick responds perfectly.

Thanks for your answer.
2018-2-13
Use props
Big Popie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 608642 ft
United States

Simply Question Will it fly ok in other places?  You might just be to close to something and it will not go that direction because of the obstacle avoidance? I fly and land mine off the hot tub lid by my house . I put it in Atti mode to do this. (NOT RECOMEND FOR NEW PILOT) in GPS it will not go that close to the house with out a fight.  Feels like what you decribe.
2018-2-13
Use props
TheMann58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

As another user suggested, try performing an RC stick calibration.  It is simple and painless. Mount your mobile device on the RC, turn on RC (but not the aircraft), start DJI GO 4 app, enter Device,  Get into  3-dot menu, select Remote Controller Settings in menu (third icon down), click on Remote Controller Calibration.  Click on Calibrate and follow instructions on screen.  Basically, you will move each controller stick slowly around at the limits of stick motion from corner to next corner to next corner and repeat this rotation of the stick around its limit of motion several times. Release the stick and repeat this procedure on the other stick.  Finally, and this is important, slowly roll the left thumbwheel back and forth to the limits in both directions several times. Then click on finish calibration.  Your right stick may not have been calibrated correctly, or its calibration got messed up during a firmware update (happens rarely).

Good luck!
2018-2-13
Use props
dicon.sp
lvl.2
Spain

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-2-13 03:50
Try calibrating the controller sticks

Hello Rodger8 greetings

I was going to ask him how to calibrate the right stick, but I have seen that "TheMann58" has answered below

I'm going to try what he says, there may be the solution.

Thank you
2018-2-13
Use props
dicon.sp
lvl.2
Spain

Big Popie Posted at 2018-2-13 09:48
Simply Question Will it fly ok in other places?  You might just be to close to something and it will not go that direction because of the obstacle avoidance? I fly and land mine off the hot tub lid by my house . I put it in Atti mode to do this. (NOT RECOMEND FOR NEW PILOT) in GPS it will not go that close to the house with out a fight.  Feels like what you decribe.

Greetings Big Popie

Your answer is correct and I will perform the calibration and a test in an area free of obstacles.

Surely the solution to the problem is to calibrate the aircraft in an area without obstacles, and calibrate the right stick as suggested by other users.

On Thursday I will be able to go to a good area to fly and see if there is luck and start to start.

Thanks for the reply
2018-2-13
Use props
dicon.sp
lvl.2
Spain

TheMann58 Posted at 2018-2-13 10:22
As another user suggested, try performing an RC stick calibration.  It is simple and painless. Mount your mobile device on the RC, turn on RC (but not the aircraft), start DJI GO 4 app, enter Device,  Get into  3-dot menu, select Remote Controller Settings in menu (third icon down), click on Remote Controller Calibration.  Click on Calibrate and follow instructions on screen.  Basically, you will move each controller stick slowly around at the limits of stick motion from corner to next corner to next corner and repeat this rotation of the stick around its limit of motion several times. Release the stick and repeat this procedure on the other stick.  Finally, and this is important, slowly roll the left thumbwheel back and forth to the limits in both directions several times. Then click on finish calibration.  Your right stick may not have been calibrated correctly, or its calibration got messed up during a firmware update (happens rarely).

Good luck!

Hello TheMann58

Thank you for indicating how to calibrate the right stick and the left stick I did not know how to do it.

Now I am going to sleep (tomorrow I work in Spain they are 00:35)
, but when I finish the job I do the calibration with their instructions.

When I realize it, I comment the result

Regards
2018-2-13
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

dicon.sp Posted at 2018-2-13 15:10
Hello Rodger8 greetings

I was going to ask him how to calibrate the right stick, but I have seen that "TheMann58" has answered below

That is what I meant. He gives you the proper details on the location of the calibration window. Let us know if that works out for you.
2018-2-14
Use props
dicon.sp
lvl.2
Spain

Hello

I have calibrated the right stick and the left stick as I have indicated "Rodger8" and "TheMann58", and I think everything was correct, the stick right marked the offset.

Tomorrow I will fly in the open area, and there I will calibrate the aircraft, then I will find out if there are problems.

When I return I will tell you the experience.

Regards
2018-2-14
Use props
dicon.sp
lvl.2
Spain

Hello

Today I went out to an open area to test the drone and its new configurations, and it has been a SUCCESS, I have done a calibration of the compass on the site, and once the aircraft has reached altitude and there were no obstacles around it the behavior of the right stick has been correct.

My mistake was to be a novice and not understand the value of obstacle sensors and their effect on the aircraft.

I will be testing and learning how to use the drone.

Thanks for the answers of all the users who have answered, and who have helped a lot to determine the problem and solve it.

Regards
2018-2-15
Use props
Big Popie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 608642 ft
United States

Damn someone came back and said thankz for the help! My day is a little better for this.
2018-2-16
Use props
dicon.sp
lvl.2
Spain

Greetings Big Popie

Thanks to using your time to respond, other users and I with the same problem have been able to solve it.

That's why I understand that we have to thank that help.

Thanks again for the interest
2018-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules