No sound when recording video
28140 7 2018-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heincon
lvl.2
United States

yey i just got my mavic air today but when i record video it doesnt have any sound. how do you enable it?

2018-2-12
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It does not have any sound recording in the drone. Think about it all you would hear is the prop noise
2018-2-12
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

The aircraft doesn't have a microphone, audio, if enabled, is captured by the mobile device.

IMG_CA3A0DA10073-1.jpeg

2018-2-12
Use props
Heincon
lvl.2
United States

Thanks guys I enabled the video cache and i can hear my voice talking while the drone is in the air
2018-2-12
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

you can hear it on the poor video that is recorded on the phone.  the high quality video that is recorded on the drone will have no audio.

you can remove the audio from phone video and insert it into drone video easy enough with video editor app
2018-2-12
Use props
Sbrintz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 657136 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi Heincon there's no microphone on Drones...The sound would be really boring and unusefull!
2018-2-12
Use props
cantflyalick
lvl.2

United States

If you want sound get an portable mic like the zoom h1, super cheap, and record what you want. You’ll have to have a way to sync the sound in post so you can clap your hands while the drone is videoing you to do this.

I find many times drone footage doesn’t need to be synced with sounds you may want to a very accurate degree in many cases though. I do videos of myself talking using the drone for example and since it’s pretty high up you can’t see my lips so well so anywhere in the ballpark with the syncing works.
2018-2-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Heincon, there is no sound on the original video when recording. If there is a need, you can cache the transmission video and enable the audio sound recording in the app (General Settings). Hope it helps.
2018-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules