1028 5 2018-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
benjamin.r
lvl.1
Flight distance : 463 ft
United States

Hi Forum Users,

Yesterday I spent some time at the beach filming my kids running around using the OM2/DJI Go App w/iPhone7+ set for slowmotion at 720p/240fps. I was dissappointed to find that all the footage has stuttering throughout the clips every 5 seconds or so.  Also sees some autofocus breathing as well. Later, I did a comparison using Apple Camera slomo and Filmic's App slowmotion and neither had the issue.  I do not see a way to change the slowmotion to 1080/120fps, and changing in Apple settings does not carry over into the Go App.

I searched for this topic and do not see anthing posted recently, but notice this was an issue fixed in the past with older models OSMO and iPhones.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Benjamin
2018-2-12
Use props
benjamin.r
lvl.1
United States

Dropbox Link to Sample Clip: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j40wy04t56m70eu/IMG_0035.TRIM.MOV?dl=0
2018-2-12
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

It is a conflict with your IPhone’s OIS.  It’s a known issue, supposedly a fix is coming.

In the meantime, you can use the normal camera app or Filmic Pro to solve (most) of the issue.

You can also use warp stabilizer or something simular in post.
2018-2-14
Use props
benjamin.r
lvl.1
United States

RE: OM2 DJI Go & iPhone7+ @ 720p = Slomo Stutter

9245 Posted at 2018-2-14 13:00
It is a conflict with your IPhone’s OIS.  It’s a known issue, supposedly a fix is coming.

In the meantime, you can use the normal camera app or Filmic Pro to solve (most) of the issue.

I don't think that is the issue.  I have seen the OIS issue as well, especially when walking and running and unable to isolate those jerky movements from the handgrip/gimbel.  This issue is the image freezing for a few frames.  Today I made many recordings in slow motion with iPhone 7+ and it worsened to the point it was just a freeze frame cutting to another freeze frame every 5 seconds.  I feel as though the DJI App can't handle the recording/processing/or writing of the file.

iPhone X does not have this issue.  Next I will factory wipe my iPhone 7+ and install only DJI Go to see if issue remains.   I kept my iPhone 7+ after getting iPhone X just to use for this purpose, so I hope to get it working correctly.  Once Filmic Pro (which works fine in slow-mo) updates so it works with the start/stop button on OSMO M2, then I will happier.
2018-2-14
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

benjamin.r Posted at 2018-2-14 13:12
I don't think that is the issue.  I have seen the OIS issue as well, especially when walking and running and unable to isolate those jerky movements from the handgrip/gimbel.  This issue is the image freezing for a few frames.  Today I made many recordings in slow motion with iPhone 7+ and it worsened to the point it was just a freeze frame cutting to another freeze frame every 5 seconds.  I feel as though the DJI App can't handle the recording/processing/or writing of the file.

iPhone X does not have this issue.  Next I will factory wipe my iPhone 7+ and install only DJI Go to see if issue remains.   I kept my iPhone 7+ after getting iPhone X just to use for this purpose, so I hope to get it working correctly.  Once Filmic Pro (which works fine in slow-mo) updates so it works with the start/stop button on OSMO M2, then I will happier.

If you are able to use on one iPhone but not the another, it may be that the file size you are electing to record under is too large for the phone. Try shooting in a lower processing speed to see it that helps.
2018-2-14
Use props
Continuecrushingtech
lvl.2
Flight distance : 690210 ft
  • >>>
United States

I haven't tried slomo yet, but my 4k30 option causes this stuttering as well. Not the OIS stuff, but frame rate change as OP mentioned.
2018-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules