Navigation system error
11081 13 2018-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5bfc889d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 416873 ft
United States

I'm new to this forum but have had my phantom 4 Pro Plus for a while and never had a consistent issue with the navigation system error till this latest firmware upgrade. After each firmware update I calibrated the IMU and compass and all the other sensors; including the camera gamble.

I've flown out of two different locations away from as much interference as possible the last two days and both times I've had problems where it would say “cannot take off” so I check the status menu to find it say Navigation system error and to check redundancy state. OK why??

So I rerun the IMU and compass calibrations. This is frustrating because sometime it worked and other times and places it does not. So I turn my bird off and on again and it still goes into the cannot take off again, but the frustrating part is sometimes for no particular reason the navigation system will work and poof there 17 sats and I’m able to fly.

So I think I can fly and one minute I have 17 sats and the next minute I’m in atti mode with no gps system working. Why?

Anyway has anyone else had errors with your navigation system issue lately? This issue has grounded by bird twice in two days so I'm not a happy camper!

Any advise would be very helpful!
2018-2-12
Use props
duke123
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78930 ft
United States

I would call DJI and open a case with them to see if they can help.
2018-2-12
Use props
john4440
New
South Africa

duke123 Posted at 2018-2-12 17:47
I would call DJI and open a case with them to see if they can help.

Received my new Pro plus 7 days ago, still not flown the AC. Same error message, tried re install all firmware, re calibrated GPS, compass etc. No joy...
anyone else experienced this problem?
HELP!
2018-3-8
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

john4440 Posted at 2018-3-8 00:44
Received my new Pro plus 7 days ago, still not flown the AC. Same error message, tried re install all firmware, re calibrated GPS, compass etc. No joy...
anyone else experienced this problem?
HELP!

Send it back and tell them you want a NEW one.
2018-3-8
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

Not sure of your location but is it possible your in one of the areas in the USA where GPS interference testing is going on? There testing daily in some place of the country cover huge areas. This week it’s going to beLas Vegas area. Just a thought. https://www.faasafety.gov/files/ ... Flight_Advisory.pdf
2018-3-8
Use props
Stratcat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4283012 ft
Canada

Archangel3356 Posted at 2018-3-8 13:35
Not sure of your location but is it possible your in one of the areas in the USA where GPS interference testing is going on? There testing daily in some place of the country cover huge areas. This week it’s going to beLas Vegas area. Just a thought. https://www.faasafety.gov/files/notices/2018/Mar/NTTR_18-03_GPS_Flight_Advisory.pdf

That may be the case some. But i'm in Canada and i've been experiencing the same issue with one of my two Phantoms.

I own 2 P4P's. Both setup identical in every way running what was the latest firmware (.300). For whatever reason the one drone constantly  shows speed errors, loses satellites and goes into atti mode while my other p4p could fly all day without a hitch. Odd problem... I ordered a new GPS module for the p4p having issues so we'll see what happens.
2018-3-8
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

Sounds like a hardware issue for sure so good luck with the new module Stratcat.
2018-3-8
Use props
Drones Toronto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 953596 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Just to add to the diagnostics information.  I have same problem on a Mavic Pro.  Flew fine one afternoon, went to use next day and got the error indicating navigation error.   I opened the unit up and by pressing down on the GPS plug to mainboard, the error cleared until I let go.  In trying it several times and pushing plug around, it eventually stopped clearing the message and is now on permanently.  Hoping this tidbit helps in diagnosing this issue further.  It appears to be an error due to connection that is  intermittent , possibly a loose or cracked solder joint?   Any further information, if anyone has resolved this, would be appreciated.
2018-7-24
Use props
Chase Thomas
New

United States

Similar issue. My 'navigation error/ check redundancy" comes up when I get to my intended launch site. Drive a few miles down the road...no problem... Turn around drive back up and the nav error comes back. No flight restrictions in the area. Area is out of cell range. Phone I'm using has no service anyway.

Very strange. Not sure what to do. This location has some great shot potential.
2019-1-13
Use props
Maksimmiron
New
Flight distance : 63333 ft
Russia

I have the same problem. Have you solved your problem?
2020-2-23
Use props
hyoran
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28737 ft

Brazil

Drones Toronto Posted at 2018-7-24 08:21
Just to add to the diagnostics information.  I have same problem on a Mavic Pro.  Flew fine one afternoon, went to use next day and got the error indicating navigation error.   I opened the unit up and by pressing down on the GPS plug to mainboard, the error cleared until I let go.  In trying it several times and pushing plug around, it eventually stopped clearing the message and is now on permanently.  Hoping this tidbit helps in diagnosing this issue further.  It appears to be an error due to connection that is  intermittent , possibly a loose or cracked solder joint?   Any further information, if anyone has resolved this, would be appreciated.

Valeu, me ajudou no spark
2020-3-24
Use props
Cliff D
lvl.2
Flight distance : 482251 ft
United States

Was this "Navigation System Error" issue ever resolved by anyone? I have an inspire 2 that has the same problem intermittently. I've restored factory defaults and re-installed the latest firmware but make no difference. Sometimes its OK for an hour then I'll land and change battery and then have the error again. Any help appreciated.
2020-4-30
Use props
Cliff D
lvl.2
United States

Cliff D Posted at 4-30 11:26
Was this "Navigation System Error" issue ever resolved by anyone? I have an inspire 2 that has the same problem intermittently. I've restored factory defaults and re-installed the latest firmware but make no difference. Sometimes its OK for an hour then I'll land and change battery and then have the error again. Any help appreciated.

UPDATE: I just finished up with DJI technical support and it turns out that this is a known problem with firmware updates V01.02.0200 & v01.02.0300 on the Inspire 2. They had me downgrade the firmware to v.100 and it seems that may have fixed the problem. I'll have to do a test flight tomorrow to be sure, but the GPS is working now and no error message. They say I should stay with v.0100 firmware as it's OK to use. I'll update this post if for any reason the problem is still not fixed otherwise assume that's the solution.
2020-4-30
Use props
Cliff D
lvl.2
United States

Cliff D Posted at 4-30 14:40
UPDATE: I just finished up with DJI technical support and it turns out that this is a known problem with firmware updates V01.02.0200 & v01.02.0300 on the Inspire 2. They had me downgrade the firmware to v.100 and it seems that may have fixed the problem. I'll have to do a test flight tomorrow to be sure, but the GPS is working now and no error message. They say I should stay with v.0100 firmware as it's OK to use. I'll update this post if for any reason the problem is still not fixed otherwise assume that's the solution.

UPDATE #2: So downgrading the firmware to v0100 did not fix the problem. I did a test flight today and after about 30 minutes of flight time the error returned. I am going to have to send it in to DJI for repair. I attached a couple of photos to show the errors I'm having.

2020-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules