Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

fans4f8954b4 Posted at 2018-3-15 06:36
Thanks, please PM me when preorders start.

Any day now. We will have a pre-order page up soon.
2018-3-15
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

Pre-Orders are now live!
We’re ready for pre-orders for the Inspire 2 propeller / Rotor FIX.
All parts / packaging, etc. is already in production.
The initial batch will be 100 pcs. and we will ship in April based on first come, first serve.

The 2nd batch is set to deliver in May / June, pre-orders follow the same rule (First come, first serve).
You can pre-order them at:
https://atellani.com/collections/ultimadrone
2018-3-15
Use props
Mr.Mister
lvl.3
Flight distance : 862854 ft
United States

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-3-15 21:58
Pre-Orders are now live!
We’re ready for pre-orders for the Inspire 2 propeller / Rotor FIX.
All parts / packaging, etc. is already in production.

Looks like a great solution.  Once this is fitted to the Inspire 2, will it fit within the stock carry case without modification?  And what is the total weight of each side?
2018-3-16
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

Mr.Mister Posted at 2018-3-16 09:30
Looks like a great solution.  Once this is fitted to the Inspire 2, will it fit within the stock carry case without modification?  And what is the total weight of each side?

The complete kit weights around 115 g. / 4 oz and the pack will come with tools (Hex Key - a custom made / designed tool, 4 screws for the center bit) and instructions. Materials are Ergal 7075 and PA12 with a water repellent coating as well. The drone fits in the original case by cutting a small bit on each side (Pictured).
We've also been working on new propellers to stop the rattling with a profile that is 13.7% more efficient, which is pretty awesome.

2018-3-16
Use props
fans8b324fe7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 155161 ft
  • >>>
South Korea

Hi! I am interested
2018-3-16
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

You can order it at: https://atellani.com/collections/ultimadrone
2018-3-16
Use props
FlyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106483 ft
Belgium

Just ordered mine. Any idea when they will be delivered ?
2018-3-19
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

FlyGuy Posted at 2018-3-19 08:03
Just ordered mine. Any idea when they will be delivered ?

Hi, we wil stat shipping in April.
2018-3-19
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

Hi, I preordered but your site gave the following error message just after I paid by PayPal, could you check you received my order?

"Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.atellani.com"

My name is Rob Sherratt, it should be obvious if you received the order and prepayment from me!

Thanks,
Rob
2018-3-20
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Switzerland

RobAlbania Posted at 2018-3-20 11:16
Hi, I preordered but your site gave the following error message just after I paid by PayPal, could you check you received my order?

"Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.atellani.com"

We got it, thanks
2018-3-20
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5821539 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

I placed my order last Sunday ;-) can't wait to mount this solution!
2018-3-21
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

GerryPacher Posted at 2018-3-21 10:05
I placed my order last Sunday ;-) can't wait to mount this solution!

Thanks! I will keep you posted, hopefully we will ship before April the 15th.
2018-3-21
Use props
fans4f8954b4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18275925 ft
  • >>>
Israel

Hi Elektrica
I ordered and paid your system since 2 months, can I get a status for a shipment date please.
Raphael
2018-4-22
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft
United States

What's going on with the new propellers?
2018-4-22
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-22 09:18
What's going on with the new propellers?

I’m waiting the fix but I’m interested also in the new propellers.
2018-4-22
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

fans4f8954b4 Posted at 2018-4-22 07:21
Hi Elektrica
I ordered and paid your system since 2 months, can I get a status for a shipment date please.
Raphael

All parts are in, except the rods, which have been shipped more than a week ago. Hopefully they will be here on Monday and then we will ship the product. We've been flying the final version several times now and it seems to us (but that's not a scientific observation) that the Inspire 2 is also more stable overall. It could be that pairing the propellers have an added advantage as well. We will wait for the feedback from early users. Anyway, here are some pics of packaging, parts, tools, instructions, etc.

Hopefully it's just a matter of hours before we start shipping, it depends on the courier...

2018-4-22
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-22 09:18
What's going on with the new propellers?

We're about to print the first prototypes and test them. The mount does not vibrate anymore, as it's a perfect fit for the motor (100% redesigned), at least in the 1st prototype, as far as the propellers themselves, we will see, on paper the new profile is 13.7% more efficient than stock.

2018-4-22
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

ToscanaDrone Posted at 2018-4-22 14:42
I’m waiting the fix but I’m interested also in the new propellers.

We should get the final proto for testing really soon.
2018-4-22
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-4-22 15:06
We should get the final proto for testing really soon.

Rimango in attesa!!! Se poi avete bisogno di beta tester sono disponibile! ;-)
2018-4-23
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

ToscanaDrone Posted at 2018-4-23 04:50
Rimango in attesa!!! Se poi avete bisogno di beta tester sono disponibile! ;-)

All parts are in. We will start shipping tomorrow!

IMG_1329.png
2018-4-23
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

All parts are in. Will start shipping tomorrow

2018-4-23
Use props
lvl.4

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-4-22 15:05
We're about to print the first prototypes and test them. The mount does not vibrate anymore, as it's a perfect fit for the motor (100% redesigned), at least in the 1st prototype, as far as the propellers themselves, we will see, on paper the new profile is 13.7% more efficient than stock.

[view_image]

Please let me know when these are available. If you need a tester...."-)
2018-4-24
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-24 08:37
Please let me know when these are available. If you need a tester...."-)

We will be the testers at our own peril. We would not want to risk someone's I2.
2018-4-24
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Just arrived and mounted! Nice work guys, excellent materials and excellent design!

2018-4-27
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

ToscanaDrone Posted at 2018-4-27 06:14
Just arrived and mounted! Nice work guys, excellent materials and excellent design!

[view_image]

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. Please let us know if you also notice a more stable flight when flying, especially in a straight line. I have a feeling it added stability as well, but I am clearly biased. It's not the intended purpose, but it would be a nice extra performance if confirmed.
2018-4-27
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-4-22 15:05
We're about to print the first prototypes and test them. The mount does not vibrate anymore, as it's a perfect fit for the motor (100% redesigned), at least in the 1st prototype, as far as the propellers themselves, we will see, on paper the new profile is 13.7% more efficient than stock.

[view_image]

Hey Elekrtica.

If these work as planed I'll buy them for sure.

They will sell like hot cakes!
2018-4-28
Use props
lvl.4

Raju Chaudhary Posted at 2018-2-14 07:09
Yesterday I saw this post and got worried ! Opened up the motor mounts today, drilled,tapped and put 4 titanium screws 3x4 mm long with epoxy. [view_image]
Now waiting for them to dry !

How difficult was it for you to remove the motors? Do you have to be seriously technically minded? Thanks.
2018-4-28
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

Altitude Drones Posted at 2018-4-28 09:45
Hey Elekrtica.

If these work as planed I'll buy them for sure.

The first kits have been delivered. We 10s of hours of experience on the kit being mounted and so far, so good. It seems to us that it's also more stable, but like I said, it's a biased opinion, totally subjective, but if true, that would be a nice bonus. Once the 1st batch is delivered, we will see if it's convenient to produce more, but even as we speak, we shipped quite a few kits.
2018-4-28
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

The first review of the kit is in:

REVIEW

Rough English translation:

WRITTEN ON 27 APRIL 2018.

Today we talk about security! After following the project from the initial stages we finally had the chance of installing it and test the "Safety Fix" for the DJI Inspire 2.

But let's start from the beginning ... There're reports of one of the engines of the Inspire 2 detaching itself or rotating creating dangerous situations and in the worst case causing the drone to drop from the sky. The percentage is negligible, just a few instances that can be counted with the fingers of one hand, on tens of thousands of pieces sold, but since security and peace of mind are never enough, let's talk about this fix.

The manufacturer is Ultimadrone, a name that has a large industrial group involved in many activities and the seriousness of the company and the project can be seen from the packaging made of a strong cardboard with a layer inside neoprene with the right spaces provided for the kit, the instructions and the Allen wrench for assembly.

The supports are made of plastic material while the connecting rod is metal, the weight is negligible but the most impressive part is the result as the surface of the materials is virtually identical to that of the Inspire 2, so once assembled everything is perfectly integrated.

Very simple assembly, only two screws per side to lock the clamp on the arm of the Inspire 2 while the other pieces are interlocking. Time taken: less than 5 minutes and without absolutely disassembling anything from the drone which totally preserves the warranty.

PERSONAL REVIEW EMAIL:

"...I installed everything quickly and I did some tests ... first thing, even if the test time is very limited, you fly with a bigger peace of mind and this is already worth the price of the product.
From the first tests "it seems" that the Inspire is more stable and more reactive but for now this is an impression and I reserve more in depth considerations when I will have a few more hours of flight..."
2018-4-29
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

Hi Guys, my Ultimadrone kit arrived today and I'm well pleased.  It only took 10 minutes to attach everything, absolutely no modifications to the Inspire 2 required at all, everything attaches perfectly and is very well manufactured.  In case you are interested, here are pictures of the kit and fitting it ...

2018-5-18
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

Just to add a few details, the "bracing rods" on each side thread into two "clamp pieces" that sit astride the motor mounts / legs.  The "bracing rods" are clockwise threaded on one end and counter clockwise threaded on the other end.  I made a mistake intially by tightening the rod into one end piece and then wondering how I was going to attach the other end piece, but stupid me ... I should have read the instructions better.  You must not "tighten" the rod until it is pushed loosely into both "clamp pieces", and then when you rotate the rod it tightens up in both "clamp pieces" simultaneously.  

I did notice a tendency for the "clamp pieces" to twist and misalign when the rod is tightened and when the threads are self-cut into the plastic.  As soon as I noticed this happening, I took the "clamp pieces" and rod off the inspire 2, and I carefully screwed the rod into each "clamp piece" individually, making sure the "bracing rod" cut its thread exactly at 90 degrees to the "clamp piece".  I think ideally the threads should be "cut" before the kit is delivered to customers, because I think some people might not notice the potential for twisting / mis-alignment, and the "clamp pieces" may be damaged inadvertently.

Anyway, I have great peace of mind now that the bracing kit it fitted.  There is absolutely no way for a motor housing to come detached during flight, and also the bracing rods apply pre-tension to the motor housings which will eliminate any tendency for them to vibrate or come loose in the first place.  The kit looks superb and if no-one knew better it looks like this is the way the Inspire 2 should have been designed in the first place.

@Elektrica Atellani@ my congratulations and thanks for doing a first class job designing and manufacturing these!

Best,
Rob
2018-5-18
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

@Elektrica Atellani@

I notice a few people asking if the "ultimadrone" kit will in some way improve the straight line or hovering stability of the Inspire 2.  My Inspire 2 has always flown in a dead straight line and hovered "on the spot" when there is no wind.  The "secret" is to make sure the rotor tips are perfectly aligned on both sides of the heli, and eliminate all free play from the rotor blades.  There are numerous posts elsewhere how to do this, and I am surprised that DJI themselves to not publish the procedure, since it eliminates nearly all flight problems when there is no wind.

There is a problem with stability of the Inspire 2 as a camera platform when there is wind.  I can hold the Inspire 2 "on the spot" when it is close to me by using manual hover control on the sticks, but I can not do it when it is hovering at a distance.  I have a theory - based on observation - why the automated "hover" is unstable either in wind or when the rotor tips are misaligned, and it is this:

When hovering or trying to fly in a "straight line" with wind, any helicopter or drone needs to tilt itself into the wind to compensate for wind strength and gusts.  The Inspire 2 does not do this. Instead the "automated hover" keeps the Inspire 2 straight and level, and so it "drifts" downwind.  After about a half meter of downwind drift the sensors and software say "hang on a minute, this is not where I should be", and a correction is put in to "fly" the drone back to the original hover position.  But then the software removes the flight correction completely, and attempts to "hover" the Inspire 2 by sitting it straight and level again.  This is a software fault that results in an unstable and innacurate control of the drone.

What is needed is a modification to the firmware of the Inspire 2 so that after recovering from a "downwind drift" during hover, the software should apply a slight angular correction into the wind, and gradually increases the angular correction until there is no "downwind drift".  This would result in a much more stable camera "platform" for filming.

Do you and others agree this diagnosis and potential remedy of the stability problem?  

Best,
Rob
2018-5-18
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

RobAlbania Posted at 2018-5-18 07:06
Hi Guys, my Ultimadrone kit arrived today and I'm well pleased.  It only took 10 minutes to attach everything, absolutely no modifications to the Inspire 2 required at all, everything attaches perfectly and is very well manufactured.  In case you are interested, here are pictures of the kit and fitting it ...

[view_image]

Thanks RobAlbania, We really appreciate your super nice and in depth review. We will also be more detailed in an upcoming video tutorial. We truly appreciate all the compliments and suggestions. We put a lot of thought and love into a seemingly simple kit.

I am happy you will fly with a greater peace of mind going forward.

BTW, I just installed the X5/X7 safety camera kit from DJI, super cute!
2018-5-18
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

RobAlbania Posted at 2018-5-18 07:24
Just to add a few details, the "bracing rods" on each side thread into two "clamp pieces" that sit astride the motor mounts / legs.  The "bracing rods" are clockwise threaded on one end and counter clockwise threaded on the other end.  I made a mistake intially by tightening the rod into one end piece and then wondering how I was going to attach the other end piece, but stupid me ... I should have read the instructions better.  You must not "tighten" the rod until it is pushed loosely into both "clamp pieces", and then when you rotate the rod it tightens up in both "clamp pieces" simultaneously.  

I did notice a tendency for the "clamp pieces" to twist and misalign when the rod is tightened and when the threads are self-cut into the plastic.  As soon as I noticed this happening, I took the "clamp pieces" and rod off the inspire 2, and I carefully screwed the rod into each "clamp piece" individually, making sure the "bracing rod" cut its thread exactly at 90 degrees to the "clamp piece".  I think ideally the threads should be "cut" before the kit is delivered to customers, because I think some people might not notice the potential for twisting / mis-alignment, and the "clamp pieces" may be damaged inadvertently.

Thanks and thanks and thanks again!
2018-5-18
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

RobAlbania Posted at 2018-5-18 07:46
@Elektrica Atellani@

I notice a few people asking if the "ultimadrone" kit will in some way improve the straight line or hovering stability of the Inspire 2.  My Inspire 2 has always flown in a dead straight line and hovered "on the spot" when there is no wind.  The "secret" is to make sure the rotor tips are perfectly aligned on both sides of the heli, and eliminate all free play from the rotor blades.  There are numerous posts elsewhere how to do this, and I am surprised that DJI themselves to not publish the procedure, since it eliminates nearly all flight problems when there is no wind.

Sometimes I am puzzled about the behavior, but I can now definitely say (But not scientifically), that I have a more stable control when flying, especially forward.

As for prop alignment, I still cannot find a super precise guide to do this. If you have it, can you please send it to us?
2018-5-18
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-5-18 10:06
Sometimes I am puzzled about the behavior, but I can now definitely say (But not scientifically), that I have a more stable control when flying, especially forward.

As for prop alignment, I still cannot find a super precise guide to do this. If you have it, can you please send it to us?

Hi Elektrica,

The definitive thread on aligning the propellers in the Inspire 2 is here:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-133923-1-1.html

DJI's position is that this is not a procedure that users should do, and if the props are misaligned, you should return the drone for service by DJI.  My position is that it is such a simple thing to do that every pilot should have the skills to unscrew one star drive screw, adjust the angle so the props are aligned, clean the screw thread with a wire brush, apply loctite and then tighten the screw again without stripping threads.
2018-5-19
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

RobAlbania Posted at 2018-5-19 09:26
Hi Elektrica,

The definitive thread on aligning the propellers in the Inspire 2 is here:

Thanks, I will be an interesting read.
2018-5-19
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-2-13 10:45
Hi Rob, I think that we need to have more or less 50 pre-orders to start producing. I am still and always remain a huge supporter of DJI, as I appreciate the vastly of their offer, therefore I do accept a flew flaws here and there, just like I accepted Apple's, Tesla's, etc. If you take extra care of your Inspire2, most likely you will not have the issue to begin with, after all I clocked 10s of hours with my latest one without problems. Sure, I change props more often and verify screws, etc. This add on just gives me complete peace of mind, but I still flew up until today without it and beside one early incident what was not my fault, I have had no problems with the bird. Like I said in another post, I would rather have DJI innovate as they do rather than concentrating their efforts on fixing things. I can also understand how someone else might think differently and I totally respect that, but I still find myself wanting to get their next product. All in all I am a very happy DJI customer.

In a few days we should have a pre-order page. Hopefully we should be ready to ship 45 days from that date.

Tha’s total bs, a real professional wants a reliable product before anything else.It’s NOT nice to lose money and a client due to a faulty unit and DJI is throwing a lot of crap at us on this matter.
I would not accept it on a consumer level product much less on a pro one.
Today I almost lost a job due to a DJI Go bug with focus peaking combined with CS+Cendence+Dual operator, unacceptable as it is unacceptable to have four CS ultra units dead within one our.
My two cents.
2018-5-19
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

Elettrone78 Posted at 2018-5-19 14:00
Tha’s total bs, a real professional wants a reliable product before anything else.It’s NOT nice to lose money and a client due to a faulty unit and DJI is throwing a lot of crap at us on this matter.
I would not accept it on a consumer level product much less on a pro one.
Today I almost lost a job due to a DJI Go bug with focus peaking combined with CS+Cendence+Dual operator, unacceptable as it is unacceptable to have four CS ultra units dead within one our.

I understand you're upset, but quite frankly we have to accept that these are complex and fairly sophisticated machines. I think, as consumers, we demand a lot from DJI and while there're issues here and there, they still deliver an outstanding experience. Like I mentioned other times, Apple made (And still makes, possibly more often than before) mistakes, so does Tesla, or VW, Samsung, etc. The list goes on and on, we all know it. We're living in an era of hyper sophisticated machines, that would have been out of reach of common consumers just a few years back. I am willing, like I did for Apple or Tesla, to accept some flaws in exchange for rapid development, especially when the flaws can be fixed, cured or avoided with the help of a community that, and this is not a small thing, DJI allows to speak freely. I am not sure I want for DJI to stop outputting tiny wonders because they have to make my CS flawless or my I2 more reliable. If we demand that, we would see their products released years from now, rather than today and prices would be much, much higher. Most issues have a fix we can apply ourselves.
It's a matter of choices and while I TOTALLY understand your frustration, I am willing to live with some issues here and there, while I am waiting desperately for the Mavic 2, or the P5 or the I3.
Look at what happened to the competition, they vanished because of products that did not even come close. These guys are a century ahead of anyone else, with issues here and there, but wow, they sure make some hardware wonders. I am also sure that they're working on fixes as we speak.
2018-5-19
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Se tu sei contento di spendere 10-15000 euro su un prodotto professionale che ha l'assistenza dei peggiori prodotti consumer...beh tu fai parte dei motivi per cui DJI pensa a sfornare nuovi prodotti invece di sistemare quelli che già ha e propone come PRO. Ma poi perdonami, di cosa stiamo parlando? Di te che ti diverti a far volare un mezzo da set televisivo con una camera della madonna per fare il video della domenica della sacra di san michele? Oppure dei tuoi voli illegali su milano? Quando ti vedrò usare la tua attrezzatura per lavoro vero e degno della macchina che stai usando allora ne riparleremo. Detto questo ognuno é libero di buttare i soldi come meglio crede. Ciao
2018-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules