Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 2 FIX for Propeller Vibration & Rotor Detachment / Crash
123456Next >
22214 209 2018-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

A permanent solution that plagues the DJI Inspire 2 and causes the propellers to vibrate and can eventually cause the rotors to become loose, detach or rotate, causing the Inspire 2 to crash. This patent pending solution fixes 2 issues:
- It prevents the rotors from detaching from the craft
- It prevents the rotors from shifting angle during flight, causing the craft from crashing
This permanent solution is lightweight and can be mounted on any DJI Inspire2 in less than 5 minutes. Its brilliant design requires only 2 screws!
The ultimadrone safe solution for the DJI Inspire2 is engineered and designed in Italy by atellani
AVAILABLE NOW @ https://atellani.com/collections/ultimadrone

Inspire2 atellani com 0007.jpg Inspire2 atellani com 0006.jpg Inspire2 atellani com 0005.jpg Inspire2 atellani com 0004.jpg Inspire2 atellani com 0003.jpg Inspire2 atellani com 0002.jpg Inspire2 atellani com 0001.jpg

2018-2-12
Use props
Fly2017
lvl.3
Russia

I would like to buy the fix set, looks very good and integrated into drone design.  Could you please inform me when you will be ready sell it  (I am in your buyer list).
2018-2-12
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

Fly2017 Posted at 2018-2-12 20:12
I would like to buy the fix set, looks very good and integrated into drone design.  Could you please inform me when you will be ready sell it  (I am in your buyer list).

Will do, thanks. Just make sure you write to: office@atellani.com to be in the list. I just saw your email, never mind
2018-2-12
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-2-12 20:26
Will do, thanks. Just make sure you write to:  to be in the list. I just saw your email, never mind

Elektrica
I sent you an email message requesting info.

Thank you, looks like a nice solution. Are you using a 3D printer to make the parts?  

Rich
2018-2-12
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-2-12 22:21
Elektrica

Thanks, the proto was 3D printed, but the final bit won't.
Dear Rich J,
It’s been designed for both sides (Only one is shown in the video).

The two accessories will prevent the motors from coming apart from the carbon fiber arm, like it happened in some instances, causing massive crashes and it also prevents the motors from rotating while in flight because motors came unglued or the screws loosened.
The rattling propellers are also, possibly, another cause of the motor issues as the vibrations weaken the bonding between the carbon fiber arm and the motor.
It is supposed to be mounted at all times, but It’s very easy to remove, having only two screws.

There’s two inserts that perfectly fit into the opposite arms / rotors without screws, etc.
The rod connects both of them and keeps them together and the central bit keeps all of them together and tightly fit with a pretty ingenious solution.
The central bit has two screws the sit in the back of the Inspire and are not normally visible.

They weight is only a few grams and the engineering is pretty solid with a couple of really neat (smart) solutions and a streamlined design.
They look fully integrated and quite good looking, as they almost seem an integral part of the I2. It just looks much more solid and safe.
We will start production if there’s enough interest on the forums, etc. We could be ready in a matter of weeks
2018-2-12
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-2-12 22:29
Thanks, the proto was 3D printed, but the final bit won't.
Dear Rich J,
It’s been designed for both sides (Only one is shown in the video).

Elektrica,

Thank you for the explanation and I agree with you regarding the simplicity. I am very interested in one of these kits, once you decide  on the costs and production date.  You have my email and please keep me posted once you have this finalized

Rich
2018-2-12
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-2-12 22:37
Elektrica,

Thank you for the explanation and I agree with you regarding the simplicity. I am very interested in one of these kits, once you decide  on the costs and production date.  You have my email and please keep me posted once you have this finalized

Will do, thanks
2018-2-12
Use props
Sbrintz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 657136 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hot news! This is very usefull and safe.
Avoid to losing thousands of € $ £ is always the best choice.

Good job and amazing work!
2018-2-13
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

Sbrintz Posted at 2018-2-13 01:42
Hot news! This is very usefull and safe.
Avoid to losing thousands of € $ £ is always the best choice.

Thanks Sbrintz, I think it's pretty neat too.
2018-2-13
Use props
RobAlbania
Second Officer
Albania

Hi Elektrica,

Great solution, thanks so much for your ingenuity and great work.  This exactly the sort of retrofit that DJI should be supplying as part of a warranty / recall of the Inspire 2 to address the manufacturing fault(s) and danger to the public.  I hope you can negotiate something with them, where you manufacture these for all I2's and ship them to DJI.  But, assuming that DJI continue to ignore their responsibility, then may I ask you roughly how much these will cost to idiots like me who purchased I2's, and how many orders will you need to start the first production run?  Perhaps we can start a bulk buy?

Thanks,
Rob
2018-2-13
Use props
IsabelaFreire
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5036 ft

Italy

Hi Elektrica, I am interested too! Just sent you an e-mail, please add me to your list. Thanks
2018-2-13
Use props
jwilson2598
First Officer
Flight distance : 600256 ft
United States

Email sent to be added to the list as well
2018-2-13
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

RobAlbania Posted at 2018-2-13 07:57
Hi Elektrica,

Great solution, thanks so much for your ingenuity and great work.  This exactly the sort of retrofit that DJI should be supplying as part of a warranty / recall of the Inspire 2 to address the manufacturing fault(s) and danger to the public.  I hope you can negotiate something with them, where you manufacture these for all I2's and ship them to DJI.  But, assuming that DJI continue to ignore their responsibility, then may I ask you roughly how much these will cost to idiots like me who purchased I2's, and how many orders will you need to start the first production run?  Perhaps we can start a bulk buy?

Hi Rob, I think that we need to have more or less 50 pre-orders to start producing. I am still and always remain a huge supporter of DJI, as I appreciate the vastly of their offer, therefore I do accept a flew flaws here and there, just like I accepted Apple's, Tesla's, etc. If you take extra care of your Inspire2, most likely you will not have the issue to begin with, after all I clocked 10s of hours with my latest one without problems. Sure, I change props more often and verify screws, etc. This add on just gives me complete peace of mind, but I still flew up until today without it and beside one early incident what was not my fault, I have had no problems with the bird. Like I said in another post, I would rather have DJI innovate as they do rather than concentrating their efforts on fixing things. I can also understand how someone else might think differently and I totally respect that, but I still find myself wanting to get their next product. All in all I am a very happy DJI customer.

In a few days we should have a pre-order page. Hopefully we should be ready to ship 45 days from that date.
2018-2-13
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

jwilson2598 Posted at 2018-2-13 09:53
Email sent to be added to the list as well

You will be added to the list. Thanks!
2018-2-13
Use props
PH2DW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 39537 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-2-13 10:46
You will be added to the list. Thanks!

Email sent!
2018-2-13
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

Got it, thanks.
2018-2-13
Use props
bobo
First Officer
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

Emailed you. Nice design. Have these been vigorously tested? How many hours of testing? and have they been tested in different weather climates?
2018-2-13
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

bobo Posted at 2018-2-13 16:23
Emailed you. Nice design. Have these been vigorously tested? How many hours of testing? and have they been tested in different weather climates?

Dear Bobo, we just finished the prototype. It's been tested, mounted on the craft for a few hours, which is all the time we had for testing. Climate is pretty cold right now and it's been flown sub zero temps as well. we do not expect temperature to have any significant effect of the accessory. I will bore you with a general answer to your question...
From an engineering perspective we can confidently say that it should work pretty well.
Head of project is a person who has  patented numerous Technogym's training machines (the Ferrari of exercise equipment), has patented helmets, motorcycle accessories and works extensively with MotoGP, and the automotive World. Let's say that we are 99.9% confident that in the event of an engine detachment, the bird should at least be able to come home safely, which is all you really need. There're details, not visible (By choice) in the photos and quick video, that make it a pretty smart, simple, easy to mount and very original solution. We will keep refining it in the next few days, but as of now it's a pretty solid solution, definitively smarter and more effective that anything else out there. We asked to find a solution from scratch, without any prior knowledge of the possible solutions and out of the box, it seemed for him a complete no brainer and it gave us the same impression. Once seen in detail, it seems easy to come to the same solution, but putting together so many intelligent details in a few hours is a true work of a very creative mind with decades of mechanical experience.
Anyway, sorry for the long digression to your simple question.
2018-2-13
Use props
Raju Chaudhary
lvl.3
India

Yesterday I saw this post and got worried ! Opened up the motor mounts today, drilled,tapped and put 4 titanium screws 3x4 mm long with epoxy.
Now waiting for them to dry !
2018-2-14
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Raju Chaudhary Posted at 2018-2-14 07:09
Yesterday I saw this post and got worried ! Opened up the motor mounts today, drilled,tapped and put 4 titanium screws 3x4 mm long with epoxy. [view_image]

Nice!

Guess you could also inspect their glue bond to see if it's cracked too, or maybe too little applied while in there.  Sort of surprised it is only glued on one side of the tube being cut they way it is.
2018-2-14
Use props
Raju Chaudhary
lvl.3
India

The motor mounts are glued perfectly by DJI and should not dismount ever ! I have done this just for my own satisfaction.
2018-2-14
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

Raju Chaudhary Posted at 2018-2-14 07:09
Yesterday I saw this post and got worried ! Opened up the motor mounts today, drilled,tapped and put 4 titanium screws 3x4 mm long with epoxy. [view_image]

On carbon fiber, are you sure it's a good idea?
2018-2-14
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

Raju Chaudhary Posted at 2018-2-14 08:04
The motor mounts are glued perfectly by DJI and should not dismount ever ! I have done this just for my own satisfaction.

It still does not stop the rotation... Another challenge for you.
2018-2-14
Use props
ICarrascosa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3356 ft
Spain

very interesting, I already sent the mail.
2018-2-14
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

ICarrascosa Posted at 2018-2-14 12:30
very interesting, I already sent the mail.

Thanks, I will take a look.
2018-2-14
Use props
Raju Chaudhary
lvl.3
India

It will stop the mount from rotation as well. I used epoxy instead of a locknut because I didn’t want to put any stress on the carbon fibre.
I can post more pictures if someone wants to do it himself.
The main reason for problems with this machine is that most of the fliers are not aero modellers. Their handling is very rough. Especially the props are handled badly which leads to vibration and then something or the other fails.
2018-2-14
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does this issue also affect the I1? @ElektricaAtellani, do you also have solutions for the I1?
2018-2-15
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

mixchief Posted at 2018-2-15 07:02
Does this issue also affect the I1? @ElektricaAtellani, do you also have solutions for the I1?

Isn't the I1 already bolted to the tubes somehow?  The I2 is without any securing hardware other than glue.
2018-2-15
Use props
IsabelaFreire
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5036 ft

Italy

Raju Chaudhary Posted at 2018-2-14 20:40
It will stop the mount from rotation as well. I used epoxy instead of a locknut because I didn’t want to put any stress on the carbon fibre.
I can post more pictures if someone wants to do it himself.
The main reason for problems with this machine is that most of the fliers are not aero modellers. Their handling is very rough. Especially the props are handled badly which leads to vibration and then something or the other fails.

The rattling of the propellers is related to problem not linked to the way it is used...
2018-2-15
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-2-15 07:55
Isn't the I1 already bolted to the tubes somehow?  The I2 is without any securing hardware other than glue.

yes you are right, however one of my motors came a little loose maybe due to an out of balance propeller ( I haven't confirmed that) causing a vibration that gave me jello, I don't know if it might benefit from additional bracing.
2018-2-15
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

mixchief Posted at 2018-2-15 10:19
yes you are right, however one of my motors came a little loose maybe due to an out of balance propeller ( I haven't confirmed that) causing a vibration that gave me jello, I don't know if it might benefit from additional bracing.

We did not think about a solution for the Inspire1, sorry...
2018-2-15
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the post. I will be purchasing a set  even if it is for peace of mind alone.
2018-2-15
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-2-15 12:23
Thanks for the post. I will be purchasing a set  even if it is for peace of mind alone.

Thanks for the support Rodger!
2018-2-15
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-2-12 22:21
Elektrica

You know Rich, I have all the faith in the world that DJI has done their best in taking care of the issue. But, I still have the crashes of others in the back of my mind every time I put it in the air. This will put me at ease. He is a great Photographer as well.
2018-2-15
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
  • >>>
United States

John, I am putting a notice up on a Professional Forum that I belong to.
2018-2-15
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-2-15 12:41
John, I am putting a notice up on a Professional Forum that I belong to.

Thanks, I got almost banned on one because I did not pay and I mentioned an email address.
2018-2-15
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-2-15 12:33
You know Rich, I have all the faith in the world that DJI has done their best in taking care of the issue. But, I still have the crashes of others in the back of my mind every time I put it in the air. This will put me at ease. He is a great Photographer as well.

Yes, I agree with you and Elektrica  has a very good solution to add a bit more safety to the Inspire 2.  DJI does not believe there is a problem with their design and many are flying without issues. So, for folks that are worried about this happening to them,   can buy extra piece of mind.

Rich
2018-2-15
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-2-15 13:48
Yes, I agree with you and Elektrica  has a very good solution to add a bit more safety to the Inspire 2.  DJI does not believe there is a problem with their design and many are flying without issues. So, for folks that are worried about this happening to them,   can buy extra piece of mind.

Rich

Probably has been taken care of by DJI and mine is a late model. But, some folks mishaps are still in the back of my mind.
2018-2-16
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-2-15 13:32
Thanks, I got almost banned on one because I did not pay and I mentioned an email address.

Really, not my kind of forum. A post and one of your photos is up and running. It received 20 views in the first 2 hours.
2018-2-16
Use props
rustydiver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1899895 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How much are these going to be for a set?
2018-2-16
Use props
123456Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules