Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Got my drone back from repairs-- lol it broke again.
964 6 2018-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Samuel Bona
lvl.4
Flight distance : 236102 ft
United States

Hello All-
I got my Drone back from the nice folks at Square trade- I take back everything I said about them not being a streamlined service- they where so nice to me, and so very effecient.
Anyway- I went out to take my drone out on a flight and the bloody thing has no GPS signal, I was flying in my standard spot where I normally never get any interference (in utah countryside) and yet I was flying in OPTI mode instead of GPS mode! I was very frusterated and I have since grounded the craft and I will be sending it in tonight- yet again. I am pretty sure the folks at Squaretrade damaged the Compass and the GPS module in the body repair. Anyway heed my warning and learn delayed gratifacation- at least that body damage didn't cost me the drone because I had it covered.

I have been deprived of flying drones for two weeks now because I have been slowly working on my P1 series- changing out a faulty antenna and now 'Just read the instructions' has been grounded again. If anyone in Utah wants to fly with this poor soul and easy his weary mind- I am open to a day out on the range

Cheers, and fly safe:
Samuel Bona
2018-2-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Samuel, hope you can get the issue settled down soon. And if there is a need, I might suggest sending the drone back to DJI Repair Center and we would love to tell. You can contact our support for a further help. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-2-12
Use props
LouisP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Did you try giving it some time to get GPS lock... sometimes a change of location (like shipping it far away and back) can cause the GPS to take a very long time to lock.   I would try putting a fresh battery on and sitting it outside for a while.
2018-2-12
Use props
Samuel Bona
lvl.4
United States

LouisP Posted at 2018-2-12 18:55
Did you try giving it some time to get GPS lock... sometimes a change of location (like shipping it far away and back) can cause the GPS to take a very long time to lock.   I would try putting a fresh battery on and sitting it outside for a while.

Oof, I just shipped it off. Ho well.
2018-2-12
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

LouisP Posted at 2018-2-12 18:55
Did you try giving it some time to get GPS lock... sometimes a change of location (like shipping it far away and back) can cause the GPS to take a very long time to lock.   I would try putting a fresh battery on and sitting it outside for a while.

I agree with LouisP.  Many times if a large time or distance change has occurred since the last time it was connected to GPS, it can take some time to lock into the GPS satellites.  It may be that there is a hardware problem, but I would have suggested the same as LouisP as a test step before sending it off for repair.

Hope they get it back to you quickly so you can be flying again shortly!
2018-2-12
Use props
Samuel Bona
lvl.4
United States

Kloo Gee Posted at 2018-2-12 22:00
I agree with LouisP.  Many times if a large time or distance change has occurred since the last time it was connected to GPS, it can take some time to lock into the GPS satellites.  It may be that there is a hardware problem, but I would have suggested the same as LouisP as a test step before sending it off for repair.

Hope they get it back to you quickly so you can be flying again shortly!

I got my drone back on monday, however, whilst changing out the body of the craft, they damaged the GPS unit so I had to send it back again.
thats sad.
2018-2-16
Use props
Samuel Bona
lvl.4
United States

Glad to say that my drone is back in action! The GPS Is fresh and new, and works like a charm of course!
Here are some photos I have taken of late to celebrate! https://photos.app.goo.gl/toYDTEdHJStCyBZv1
I will try not to lose to an owl next time I fly ;)

(Ps, the owl fell down a week ago~ I should have been more patient. )

Thanks for the support- Fly safe!!!

Samuel Bona
2018-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules