Video settings change on their own
1515 7 2018-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scott L
lvl.2
Japan

Anyone else have the video settings on the P4P change on their own while shooting?  I set up my P4P the night before to HD 60fps and went out shooting the next day.  The first two shots are HD 60 and the rest are 4K 30.  I definitely did not go into that setting.  Anyone else experience this?  Is there some kind of shortcut button command on the screen that can change this that maybe I am missing?

Thanks!
2018-2-12
Use props
Scott L
lvl.2
Japan

By the way I was shooting in Active Track.  Read somewhere that Active Track changes your settings to 4K.  Is that true?
2018-2-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I believe it changes something to get a better image of whats being tracked
2018-2-12
Use props
Scott L
lvl.2
Japan

Confirmed today. It auto changes the settings to 4k 30. Very very annoying.  I don’t necessarily need 4k and if I need 60fps then I definitely don’t need 30fps. DJI, any chance of fixing this in an update? Can’t the 4k sensor be used to track but still record HD??
2018-2-13
Use props
Scott L
lvl.2
Japan

Or can I just get a warning saying “active track works better in 4k, what do you want to do?” and let me decide? Preferably with a check box saying “never show again” and let me decide what format I need? Shot a whole day yesterday with a client needing HD 60 and I came home with 4k 30.
2018-2-13
Use props
Scott L
lvl.2
Japan

Scott L Posted at 2018-2-13 19:46
Or can I just get a warning saying “active track works better in 4k, what do you want to do?” and let me decide? Preferably with a check box saying “never show again” and let me decide what format I need? Shot a whole day yesterday with a client needing HD 60 and I came home with 4k 30.

Just got off tech support.  Apparently Active Track defaults to Cinema 4K (4096 x 2160), which is not the same aspect ratio as either 4K (3840 x 2160) or HD.  Meaning unless you are shooting Cinema 4K (which I have never had a client ask for), you either need to live with it and deal with the pain of cropping everything in post (and transcoding to HD if thats what you need), or you have to manually change it for each and every shot.  

DJI, this needs to be sorted out!  Active Track works in HD, I know it does cause I've manually changed it and its fine.  Give us the option of manually controlling what format we need!  
2018-2-14
Use props
MJ3601
lvl.2
Flight distance : 207172 ft
Australia

Got similar issue... getting me nervous
2018-2-14
Use props
Scott L
lvl.2
Japan

Best course of action might be to get on their online chat support and ask them to fix this. Supposedly the guy that I chatted to yesterday is going to bump it up to the next stage of customer requests or whatever it is. Maybe if enough of us send in the same request they’ll fix it.
2018-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules