Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Torque values for engine mount screws?
1409 3 2018-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
W1HQL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22316 ft

United States

I was wondering if there are any reccomended torque values to tighten the engine mount screws as well as the frame or supeerstructure of the phantom 3?
2018-2-12
Use props
Thermographer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1417362 ft
United States

Some people believe that the motor screws are over torqued from the factory, which leads to the shell cracking prematurely.  Personally, I loosened all the motor screws and lightly snugged them.
2018-2-14
Use props
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 561411 ft
United States

Thermographer Posted at 2018-2-14 05:18
Some people believe that the motor screws are over torqued from the factory, which leads to the shell cracking prematurely.  Personally, I loosened all the motor screws and lightly snugged them.

Great idea, then add it to your pre-flight check list to check them periodically.
2018-2-26
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

If there was it would be hard to measure. Use some common sense here. They don't have to be that tight. Snug them up evenly, then as others mentioned, maybe back-off just a tick. The dreaded cracks seem to come no matter what, but over-tightening the motor screws will certainly not help. These screws actually go into metal, and from DJI, it comes with a bit of thread locker on the threads. Not a bad idea, but be careful what type of thread locker you use. Especially on the other screws/hardware on the Phantom. Some of them go directly into plastic, and "Loctite" will react with plastic and dissolve it. Many things you can use to help secure the screws. Finger nail polish, silicone, etc. Just be mindful of what you are putting on which screws. Some don't think anything is required. Kind of up to you!
2018-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules