dji moderators? are you aware of the latest update problems?
1298 21 2018-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronybaloney
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

hello dji moderator (s)

can you please have a look at following thread chapter : New Mavic Pro Firmware Released (09/2/2018)?

there seems to be many problems with mavic pro users , choppy video lag , no intelligent modes etc.

can you please advise if your engineers are working on this , as there is no response from dji in that thread .

and fixing this soon with new update (fw and/or dji go app?

I think there are some mavic users worried and no moderator seems to look at it

thanks
droneybaloney[
2018-2-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. Thanks for your feedback. I will look into the thread and forward the situation.
2018-2-13
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

As users of DJI products we are actually their Beta testers, they write code, we test it, we inform them of the issues via the forums, they update it and we test it again. This is why I always wait to update the AC FW, still flying Mavic 01.04.0000 with the latest Go4 4.2.4 with no issues. Rather spend 10 seconds hitting the ignore tab than hours trying to figure out what DJI did this time.
2018-2-13
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

QuadKid Posted at 2018-2-13 01:27
As users of DJI products we are actually their Beta testers, they write code, we test it, we inform them of the issues via the forums, they update it and we test it again. This is why I always wait to update the AC FW, still flying Mavic 01.04.0000 with the latest Go4 4.2.4 with no issues. Rather spend 10 seconds hitting the ignore tab than hours trying to figure out what DJI did this time.

yeah maybe your are right. but with every update your hoping some things improve. but in stead with every fw / app update announcement I am getting adrenaline shots of what will be wrong this time.  I am not going to update anymore. the only thing that's bugs me now is the fairly choppy video on my screen during flight, some others have bigger problems.
2018-2-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-2-13 01:33
yeah maybe your are right. but with every update your hoping some things improve. but in stead with every fw / app update announcement I am getting adrenaline shots of what will be wrong this time.  I am not going to update anymore. the only thing that's bugs me now is the fairly choppy video on my screen during flight, some others have bigger problems.

Are you using Android or IOS?
2018-2-13
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

A CW Posted at 2018-2-13 01:53
Are you using Android or IOS?

I AM USING IOS with all the latest updates . and the only thing I am getting is fairy choppy videofeed (a little bit wors then before 4.25. or 4.24

2018-2-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-2-13 02:00
I AM USING IOS with all the latest updates . and the only thing I am getting is fairy choppy videofeed (a little bit wors then before 4.25. or 4.24

I see. I use IOS and yet to experience any issues. There always seems to be issues with Android updates.
2018-2-13
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

A CW Posted at 2018-2-13 02:19
I see. I use IOS and yet to experience any issues. There always seems to be issues with Android updates.

see here below , or don't you find videofeed not that choppy , I find it a little bit choppy compared to footage before, or my eyes are getting tired , please have a look.
but I find it still watchable

2018-2-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There does seem to be a mild lag issue there for sure but not something I have experienced since the updates. Is this the first time you have flown at that location? Those pylons can cause major interference issues which massively impact the signal quality...
2018-2-13
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

A CW Posted at 2018-2-13 02:31
There does seem to be a mild lag issue there for sure but not something I have experienced since the updates. Is this the first time you have flown at that location? Those pylons can cause major interference issues which massively impact the signal quality...

yes always fly there to test some things , but never had any interference issues . but do you think its a big issue or just wait for future updates? or if you have this , you could live with it?
2018-2-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-2-13 02:40
yes always fly there to test some things , but never had any interference issues . but do you think its a big issue or just wait for future updates? or if you have this , you could live with it?

Try refreshing the FW on DJI Assistant 2 to start with and recalibrate. I wouldn't consider it a major issue but it would bother me for sure - thats not the image quality I would expect. Try using a friends iPhone and see if the issues persist.
2018-2-13
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are not confident or having issues the LAST THING I would do is fly over wetlands and water. I don't get how people complain of issues and new FW and then do stupid crap like fly over water or geee let's go fly in the worst possible location so I can lose my drone. I see it post after post and then people are questioning who is at fault. HAHA!  Are people really that (i will be nice) "not smart"!?!?!
If the video feed is choppy for you and you are not confident then downgrade the FW and FLYSAFE again to verify.

FLYSAFE = low altitude and not over man made objects, people, water or lava. "dont be an idiot"
2018-2-13
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-2-13 03:29
If you are not confident or having issues the LAST THING I would do is fly over wetlands and water. I don't get how people complain of issues and new FW and then do stupid crap like fly over water or geee let's go fly in the worst possible location so I can lose my drone. I see it post after post and then people are questioning who is at fault. HAHA!  Are people really that (i will be nice) "not smart"!?!?!
If the video feed is choppy for you and you are not confident then downgrade the FW and FLYSAFE again to verify.

thanks for the lesson.

but I am not sure if its the fw or the dji go 4 app . its only the videofeed which is a little bit more choppy then before, the rest the mpp is flying great. wel sometimes you have to fly over water , in the Netherlands I am afraid is almost not avoidable
2018-2-13
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

i agree that latest version is even worse than before - i have posted this to dji moderators with video clips and received zero reply in return - i am finally at my wits end about my poor video quality. After almost 1 year with almost constant video issues, having tried every thing dji modators and forums posts suggested -i am sending my mavic back on monday before my warentee expires. gonna be sad that my mavic is gone. Would be great if dji would watch Casey Neistats recent interview of you tube exec. If us forum memebers are really just lab rats that they really do not care to much about it would be great if they would state that fact so that i can properly accept that position - if that is not the case then they could certainly take a few tips from the interview to improve our interaction (and outcomes ) on this forum.
2018-2-13
Use props
Tom Swope
lvl.2
United States

After the most recent updates It made my Galaxie 5 smartphone unusable because of picture pixilating and the screen going black. Had to start using my air 2 IPad to finish a photo shoot but all of a sudden the drones camera gimbal started flipping out when I was prompted to recalibrate the compass. In desperation I reinstalled the GoPro 4 app on the Galaxie 5 and all is normal again. Why can’t DJI just leave things alone regarding these updates that appear to be causing all these issues?
2018-2-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-2-13 03:52
thanks for the lesson.

but I am not sure if its the fw or the dji go 4 app . its only the videofeed which is a little bit more choppy then before, the rest the mpp is flying great. wel sometimes you have to fly over water , in the Netherlands I am afraid is almost not avoidable

Just as a thought, you could try relinking RC to Aircraft. That has been known to help sometimes if transmission problems.
2018-2-13
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

A CW seriously the pylons? Dude he's in a huge field once he gets airborne he is golden...yall are crazy sometimes... just to justify the pro u will find any user fault... obviously the firmware is at fault
2018-2-13
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

it looked pretty normal to me, but then I am no expert. I usually get a little bit of flicker. I just updated FW to current and will fly this afternoon, to test it out. Temperature is almost up to freezing, should above freezing tomorrow. first time in two weeks that it is warm enough to fly. Now if only the wind stays calm.
2018-2-13
Use props
Eric SCHEIDECKER
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2906358 ft
Spain

Good day/night to all the DJI team, fisrt, sorry for my poor English.

I am a normal person, who loves the hobby since there are drones, maybe a little earlier, a worker, normal, who has saved for a long time money to spend almost 2000 euros on a DJI Mavic Pro and DJI Goggles RE.
Did you have any idea of how you feel when you see the picture in your 650 euros goggles refreshing with squares, one by one, from the left to the right and from top to bottom, one by one, very slowly.
I have my Mavic for 2 months, I have already flown more than 100km, and every time there is a new version, you kill a little more the illusion that I and many others had using your products.
It's simply incredible, there are no words...That's DJI Consumer branch.
Regards

2018-2-13
Use props
Jannistmb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 516161 ft
  • >>>
Germany

A CW Posted at 2018-2-13 02:31

Hey i suposs i had luck and i didnt update to the latest firmware i suposs because i didnt open my wifi when i was connected with the mavic or my phone date.Is that right?the app can not force me to update only the app was updated and today i was flying without problems.what is the right think to do?always updating or waiting to see if the firmaware is stable?
2018-2-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

$gambino$ Posted at 2018-2-13 06:39
A CW seriously the pylons? Dude he's in a huge field once he gets airborne he is golden...yall are crazy sometimes... just to justify the pro u will find any user fault... obviously the firmware is at fault

Justify what? Well it's not obvious sunshine as I ain't got any problems with the latest FW - it's called trouble shooting and helping people - you should try it sometime! Check my post number 11 and get your facts straight before mouthing off at me - clear!
2018-2-13
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

I am on the latest FW and use a iPad Mini 2 and have never experienced any problems.
2018-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules