I Think I Have Been Bugged!...What do you think?
1405 13 2015-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

While doing a routine inspection and having noticed that via my FPV and a few pictures that my camera level was a bit off, I started thinking about adjusting the camea level. While looking at the camera for any other abnormalities i noticed a "WTH" is that...it looks to me like a took on a big arse bug or something..My Phantom has its own private little spot in my house and no one or nothing is otherwise ever even close to it...It has not affected the video or picture quality but certainly looks like i might be up for a new ribbon cable in the future.....do you think a bug could have done this?
I have been looking for the bug but pretty sure it would not have lived to tell me about it so just a bit of speculation on my part at this point!!

Ribbon 1.jpg.JPG
Ribbon 2.JPG
Ribbon 3.JPG
2015-4-29
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

I don't know if a bug did it or not but I'd get a new one asap! I'd try to replace that or at the very least have a new one in your possession before you head out on your trip. Just my two cents.

Jerry
2015-4-29
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

North,

Here you go, spends little buggers.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... Bstick&lang=en.   (Amazon Prime)

http://www.amazon.com/Replacemen ... s=Dji+ribbon+cable.   (Amazon Non-Prime)

Just looking out for you!

Jerry

2015-4-29
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-4-30 12:47
North,

Here you go, spends little buggers.

Thanks Jerry, i will definitely be ordering one though no chance it hell i will have it before i go unless i have it meet me in Florida next Friday...either way, i know it needs replacing...That was one tough bug!
2015-4-29
Use props
Yug
lvl.4

Australia

Hello North

You are probably very lucky only one shotgun pellet hit your bird!!

Yug
2015-4-29
Use props
zanemerriwether
lvl.1

United Kingdom

air gun pellet maybe?
2015-4-30
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

What about the gimbal lock could that have caused it? I really don't know I don't have a vision plus.
2015-4-30
Use props
Godfrey
lvl.2

China

Hi North, looking at the photos, I am inclined to agree with Guy and Zane. The parallel scratches suggests that the shot glanced upwards toward the base of the gimbal. Was there no other tell tale sign of damage in this or other areas, like lead colored bruising?
2015-4-30
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Looks like a pellet caught the edge of the camera. Put some Kevlar armor plating on it. Missile launchers, gun turrets, time to go into offense mode!
2015-5-1
Use props
Yug
lvl.4

Australia

I have first hand experience with one in my butt thanks to my cousin. Our parents caught my sister and other cousins trying to extract it (me bent over the bath). There was a lot of trouble all round!!

Yug
2015-5-1
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

It's hard for me to tell from the pictures how deep the cable damage really is but I would cover the damaged area with Kapton tape or the like to protect the area until you get the cable replaced.
2015-5-1
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

I have looked extensively, no other damage or marks and have a hard time fathoming it could have been from a shot at it given the location but nothing is impossible.
I had managed to hit 47.8 mph last weekend, caught some great air about 300' up, figure if I was going that fast and bug was going even a few mph it could have caused quite the wallop!
Thanks all for input and ideas, will definitely be covering it up with something until I get it replaced.
Maybe see if I can hail a Klingon and inquire about a cloaking device!

2015-5-1
Use props
I. P. Freely
lvl.4

United States

Perhaps someone was throwing rocks at it! You know there are a lot of haters out there!
2015-5-1
Use props
I. P. Freely
lvl.4

United States

North,  I think you almost got shot down!
2015-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules