W T F ?????
2571 25 2018-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa9e41be2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90709 ft
United States

DO NOT HAVE A ‘SUPERVISOR’ THAT IS NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES CALL ME AGAIN.  I JUST FIELDED A PHONE CALL FROM A GUY THAT HAD NO AUTHORITY, AND INFORMED ME THAT MY DRONE HAS A TRACKING NUMBER FOR UPS GROUND.

UPS GROUND???

I WAS ASSURED THAT THIS DRONE WOULD BE OVERNIGHTED.  DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG GROUND TAKES TO ALASKA?  WHO IS STEERING THIS SHIP?
PLEASE TELL ME THERE IS SOMEONE WITH COMPETENCE THAT WILL MAKE THIS RIGHT.

Date: Monday, February 12, 2018 at 1:25 PM
To: DJI Support_US <support.us@dji.com>
Subject: Re: CAS-1469223-X4C4B2 CRM:0674000002774 or CAS-1426888-Y0B8V2

WHERE THE HELL IS MY DRONE?????
I don’t accept DJI’s apology or its excuse – I want this run up the flag pole.   In other words, lets go above ‘Oscar L’ and his pay grade.
I’ll be waiting for DJI’s phone call, hopefully that will not take as long as it has taken my drone to get returned – which I still do not have.

The optics on this are easy
  • I sent DJI my drone
  • DJI sent  my drone to Nova Scotia
  • let me repeat that, DJI sent my drone to Nova Scotia, not me, not my return address, not how I filled out the paper work.
This drone was delivered to DJI on January 21 - that’s 4 weeks.  4 weeks and I still don’t have my drone – why did I purchase DJI Care Refresh?

DJI Promise:

F     A     L     S     E

Dartmouth,  NS,  Canada02/07/20187:52 A.M.The receiver has canceled the product order and refused delivery. / The package will be returned to the sender.[url=]Alternate Tracking Number[/url][color=rgb(36, 36, 36) !important]1ZE80E40DG83736099
Lachine,  QC,  Canada01/30/20183:15 P.M.The receiver does not want the product and refused the delivery. / We'll contact the sender or receiver about this delivery.
Dartmouth,  NS,  Canada01/29/20185:57 P.M.The receiver has canceled the product order and refused delivery. / We're attempting to get further instructions and may return the shipment.
01/29/201812:21 P.M.The receiver has canceled the product order and refused delivery.
01/29/20185:56 A.M.Destination Scan

That’s 10 days before DJI took action in Nova Scotia, then did not even expedite the shipping back to DJI after the huge shipping mistake.  Why?

I alerted DJI on Monday, 29 January 2018, that DJI sent the Phantom to wrong location.  And let’s repeat once more:  I did not send the drone to Nova Scotia, it was not in my possession.
And why did it take 2 week to get the drone returned to DJI?  Why did DJI send the drone to Nova Scotia  the first place?  

Wise guy Oscar L said he is 'not pointing the finger directly at me', but implied that I might have had something to do with horrible handling of my drone.
Oscar L should manage the warehouse, Oscar L should not talk to customers.

Standing by for your phone call.

Date: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 at 2:47 PM

Subject: CAS-1469223-X4C4B2 CRM:0674000002774

Thank you for taking our call this afternoon to discuss your concerns.
Again we apologize we could not assist with your request based on information provided to you during the phone conversation.
Should you require assistance on a different matter, please call our customer support line at 818-235-0789
We will re ship your package upon delivery on our end.    WHEN ?????

Thank you for your support of DJI!
DJI North America Management Team
Oscar L

2018-2-13
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

You might want to bare in mind that Oscar L's primary skill set is operating a pallet jack and a fork lift.  Producing an accurate shipping label may be pushing it.
2018-2-13
Use props
duke123
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78930 ft
United States

Oscar Job is to tell you its not DJI problem BECAUSE BY NOW YOU KNOW THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE DOES NOT EXIT
2018-2-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Usually when I see OP like this one , it’s clear that dealing with this poster is going to be difficult, I wouldn’t like to deal with you sound pretty rude maybe don’t get your knickers in such a twist , and remember people are trying to help you, degrading them says a lot more about you than them. Hope you get your drone back soon.
2018-2-13
Use props
fansa9e41be2
lvl.2
United States

Well 007, you weren't on that phone call - it said a lot about DJI. This may not seem 'politically correct' to you, but you have not experienced the failed efforts and false promises of an inept DJI repair/support.
I've been patient, fair, and understanding, oh and stonewalled by a very understaffed, ill-equipped support/management  staff.
"knickers in a twist...Hope you get you drone back soon."  Ah, that passive aggressive approach,  nice touch.
2018-2-13
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

The trouble is ranting on here is going to get you nowhere. The best approach would have been to contact one of the mods and explain your concerns and to see if they could do anyth8ng for you. I understand your frustration and I would probably be as frustrated but there’s a right way and a wrong way to go about complaining.
2018-2-13
Use props
fansa9e41be2
lvl.2
United States

This is not a complaint, this is a problem.

Honestly, I want to focus on a solution, not responding to those who think they could have handled it with grace and composure.
2018-2-13
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

fansa9e41be2 Posted at 2018-2-13 10:51
This is not a complaint, this is a problem.

Honestly, I want to focus on a solution, not responding to those who think they could have handled it with grace and composure.

it looks like your package was delivered in Cerritos, CA, USA...

LOCATION DATE LOCAL TIME ACTIVITY
CERRITOS, CA, US 02/12/2018 10:27 A.M. Delivered
02/12/2018 5:00 A.M. Destination Scan
Cerritos, CA, United States 02/11/2018 10:47 P.M. Arrival Scan
Ontario, CA, United States 02/11/2018 9:55 P.M. Departure Scan
02/11/2018 6:48 P.M. Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 02/10/2018 5:37 A.M. Departure Scan
02/10/2018 1:21 A.M. Import Scan
02/10/2018 12:56 A.M. Arrival Scan
02/09/2018 10:42 P.M. The package is awaiting clearing agency review. Mirabel International Airport, QC, Canada 02/09/2018 10:14 P.M. Departure Scan
02/09/2018 9:08 P.M. Arrival Scan
Dartmouth, NS, Canada 02/09/2018 7:56 P.M. Departure Scan
02/09/2018 5:33 P.M. Your package was released by the clearing 02/08/2018 7:28 P.M. The package is awaiting clearing agency review. Dartmouth, NS, Canada 02/07/2018 7:52 A.M. The receiver has canceled the product order Dartmouth, NS, Canada 01/29/2018 5:57 P.M. The receiver has canceled the product order Canada 02/09/2018 6:04 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
Alternate Tracking Numberg
1ZE80E40DG46994255(/WebTracking/processAltInputRequest?o
2018-2-13
Use props
nJo-nJo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51355 ft
Bulgaria

Why DJI Someone not answer here? Or on my thread? Why their answers  often are wait patiently but to when nobody knows?
Why DJI
2018-2-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

nJo-nJo Posted at 2018-2-13 11:37
Why DJI Someone not answer here? Or on my thread? Why their answers  often are wait patiently but to when nobody knows?
Why DJI

Maybe because they work in another time zone?
Not sure, but I think they are.
2018-2-13
Use props
BearDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2887251 ft
United States

I have thankfully never had to deal with CS of DJI.

Is there no main customer service number you can phone to get someone to help you out on this issue? Where does your drone go back to? Does it depend on where you shipped it from?

Anyway, I agree that posting here may not get you too far other than asking a moderator who sees the title or the body of the post to please contact you directly with a very urgent problem.

Good luck. Sorry you are having such problems. It can be very frustrating.
2018-2-13
Use props
Floreto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3591102 ft
United States

Hey man I feel for you, DJI's customer service is probably the worst of any large company you'll ever deal with and getting a strait answer out of them is like squeezing blood from a stone.  Unfortunately you are at their mercy and I would expect you will be waiting a while before you drone shows up again.     
2018-2-13
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey I'm no fan of DJI support or service but that rant looked like something a 12 year old would do when mommy wouldn't buy him a taffy!! Most of us has the same story but tell it in a different way. This rant will get you NOWHERE!
2018-2-13
Use props
fansa9e41be2
lvl.2
United States

My mother taught me never to give unsolicited advice, nor try to help anyone unless they ask you for it.  I was not asking anything from you.
Just curious, how much money did you lose in the last 3 weeks exclusively because of DJI's incompetence?
2018-2-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why have you lost money may i ask?
2018-2-13
Use props
fansa9e41be2
lvl.2
United States

Went for the DJI "Care Refresh", where DJI simply replaces the drone, no questions asked, with a quick turn around.  Had I known this was going to take 5+ weeks, I would have opted for DJI to analyze the drone (which I conveyed to them I was convinced this was a software error).  Long story short, I cannot fulfill my contracts because i don't have my drone.  It's just really bad form, and can't get anywhere with them.  So I thought this would be yet another outlet to reach them, but it does not appear that this monitored by any DJI representatives.  
2018-2-13
Use props
fansa9e41be2
lvl.2
United States

um 12345678910
2018-2-13
Use props
stalker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13632 ft
Netherlands

fansa9e41be2 Posted at 2018-2-13 22:38
Went for the DJI "Care Refresh", where DJI simply replaces the drone, no questions asked, with a quick turn around.  Had I known this was going to take 5+ weeks, I would have opted for DJI to analyze the drone (which I conveyed to them I was convinced this was a software error).  Long story short, I cannot fulfill my contracts because i don't have my drone.  It's just really bad form, and can't get anywhere with them.  So I thought this would be yet another outlet to reach them, but it does not appear that this monitored by any DJI representatives.

Every professional always brings backup gear to the job. If one device fails, there’s a redundant one to take over. Apparently you haven’t considered the option that drones might crash or fail. That’s your fault, not DJI’s.  Quick solution: go to a shop and buy a second drone to fullfill your contracts, you might loose some money but not the customer.

Good luck.
2018-2-14
Use props
BenchZowner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64777 ft
Greece

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-13 10:24
Usually when I see OP like this one , it’s clear that dealing with this poster is going to be difficult, I wouldn’t like to deal with you sound pretty rude maybe don’t get your knickers in such a twist , and remember people are trying to help you, degrading them says a lot more about you than them. Hope you get your drone back soon.

Sure he is angry, but who wouldn't be ?
You purchase an ADDITIONAL "PROFESSIONAL GRADE" support plan which promises... FAST SERVICE TURN AROUND.

And then again, you are drone-less for 4+ weeks ( currently sitting at 5 if I'm not mistaken ).
If this isn't a terrible support and misconduct by DJI, what is then ?

If their warehouse screwed up and sent the drone to the wrong location, they are a freaking manufacturer, he is a paid customer and with an additional service plan.
Ship him a new drone from your warehouse and get the return drone from Nova Scotia and keep it in exchange.

Is it really that hard ?

By the way, it's easy to play the "level headed" guy, until you have a serious problem.
You can play it cool now, but if your drone lost RC control signal 50m away from you and flew away to God knows where, we'd love to see how you'd behave after DJI told you "without the drone we can't tell what's wrong and therefore we can't replace your drone".
2018-2-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

BenchZowner Posted at 2018-2-14 03:54
Sure he is angry, but who wouldn't be ?
You purchase an ADDITIONAL "PROFESSIONAL GRADE" support plan which promises... FAST SERVICE TURN AROUND.

I think if somehow you have the perception that service is going to be bad you tend to treat it that way no matter what service you receive.
I’ve had occasion to use dji CS and can only say it has never been a problem for me. I look at CS representatives as people that are there to help rather than hinder, it’s inconceivable to think any other way and if you do you end up like OP getting your knickers in a twist. Not everything goes smoothly but when it doesn’t and your around this forum it’s very easy to lose the run of yourself. But chicken little the sky is not going to fall in.
It’s very easy to ridicule somebody when they can’t defend themselves, it’s also easy for someone like yourself to accept that everything the OP has ranted about is true, and you only know this because of his ridiculous childlike ranting.
Smart quips about Oscar L and his low paid grade show any lack of decorum from OP and less from you that can support this particularly when you know you only know one side of the argument
Usually when people sensationalize stuff it’s for sensationalism, it has nothing to do with trying to get things sorted.
OP obviously spent TimE working on his OP but it will not have any effect on getting him any better service, so his time would have been better spent on trying to resolve his problem.
2018-2-14
Use props
fansa9e41be2
lvl.2
United States

Thanks BenchZowner (spot on, and man I have tried reason with them), Floreto I appreciate your approach.
And Stalker, are you serious.  I am  professional, and before I started flying, not one drone-op I hired ever had a 'back-up'.  
"Apparently you haven’t considered the option that drones might crash or fail."  C'mon, really?  Oh, I see, for example every Uber driver has a back-up car?
So what's wrong with paying for a service and expecting the manufacturer to be within 'some margins of error'.  
For example, no big deal, they sent it to Nova Scotia, right?  I was the one the one that actually caught the error before delivery.  Is it
acceptable that that is a 4-week error?  It's shipping.

Once again, I am far less interested in defending myself, but rather finding an equitable solution.  

Thanks for everyone's input, but I was really looking for DJI here, and I was mistaken.  See, not so hard to admit when I'm wrong - this is not the place for this post, just looking to remove it now.
2018-2-14
Use props
Siambuddhas Group
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

Luckily.. there are friends and dealers just live in sheng zheng.. making my purchase n repairs more convenient
2018-2-14
Use props
Andie_the_Lab
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1015397 ft
  • >>>
United States

OP - i understand your frustrations, but mistakes happen. You also need to understand that DJI being a Chinese company.... it's the New Year's season. When i mean season, i MEAN season. Some companies take 2-3 weeks off. While DJI is sure to have a skeleton crew - there are MANY variables to this issue - and in my experience DJI has NEVER let me down (i'm in the US)

Now, i do find it a bit odd, as I sent in my Mavic Pro last Friday for a broken Leg and gimbal from a crash. I also have DJI refresh, and they assessed and charged me Monday and shipped this morning, I Will have my repaired drone back on Friday - so here is an IRL experience where it was just different situations.

Secondly, in the meantime I purchased a P4P+ Obsidian and that has an estimated ship date of 03-18 internally.  - so things will vary.

Lastly, if this is some sort of professional gig, i am very baffled by a lack of a back up. Even with the mavic i have two. Even with our cameras, I have 2 back ups.... it's basically protocol. I understand your anger, but I also think you need to prepare better.
2018-2-14
Use props
concrete guy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 774954 ft
Canada

Siambuddhas Group Posted at 2018-2-14 08:14
Luckily.. there are friends and dealers just live in sheng zheng.. making my purchase n repairs more convenient

same here.  Dr. Drone is a 10 minute drive from my house here in Nova Scotia and are great to deal with
2018-2-14
Use props
fansa9e41be2
lvl.2
United States

Calgon......
2018-2-14
Use props
BenchZowner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64777 ft
Greece

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-14 05:54
I think if somehow you have the perception that service is going to be bad you tend to treat it that way no matter what service you receive.
I’ve had occasion to use dji CS and can only say it has never been a problem for me. I look at CS representatives as people that are there to help rather than hinder, it’s inconceivable to think any other way and if you do you end up like OP getting your knickers in a twist. Not everything goes smoothly but when it doesn’t and your around this forum it’s very easy to lose the run of yourself. But chicken little the sky is not going to fall in.
It’s very easy to ridicule somebody when they can’t defend themselves, it’s also easy for someone like yourself to accept that everything the OP has ranted about is true, and you only know this because of his ridiculous childlike ranting.

I've seen their good support with my case.
Drone lost due to malfunction.

They admit that they don't know why it didn't come back while it should.
They offer no replacement.

By the way, their emails were so poorly typed, you'd find the OPs post awesome in terms of language, phrasing, grammar :p
2018-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules