Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Burst mode and AEB modes WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?
8554 7 2018-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SKY-CINEMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 754767 ft
Moldova

Hi!! Does anyone know what is the difference between Burst mode and AEB mode. I use P4P+
Thank you for your time!!)
2018-2-13
Use props
QiiFlight
First Officer
Flight distance : 2999472 ft
  • >>>
United States

Burst mode takes multiple photos with the same settings (exposure settings). AEB (Auto Exposure Bracketing) takes 3 or 5 photos (you set the number in settings) and changes the exposure setting between each photo to provide a range of exposures across the selected number of photos. These photos can be combined in post processing to provide a more dynamic range of contrast and exposure. They can also be combined to create an HDR result. The general gripe with DJI cameras is the AEB function has a set exposure range that is not user changeable. But it is a great function. I seldom shoot any other way.
2018-2-13
Use props
SempMira
lvl.1

Colombia

QiiFlight Posted at 2018-2-13 09:44
Burst mode takes multiple photos with the same settings (exposure settings). AEB (Auto Exposure Bracketing) takes 3 or 5 photos (you set the number in settings) and changes the exposure setting between each photo to provide a range of exposures across the selected number of photos. These photos can be combined in post processing to provide a more dynamic range of contrast and exposure. They can also be combined to create an HDR result. The general gripe with DJI cameras is the AEB function has a set exposure range that is not user changeable. But it is a great function. I seldom shoot any other way.

Hi,, I need to do a map survey, taking RAW photos in AEB mode, do yo Know how can I do that?
2018-2-13
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

SempMira Posted at 2018-2-13 11:05
Hi,, I need to do a map survey, taking RAW photos in AEB mode, do yo Know how can I do that?

You don't need AEB for a survey flight and you are fooling yourself if you also think you need to shoot raw images.
You could never write so many, very large image files while flying the survey grid.
Jpg images will do a perfectly good job for survey work.
Just get DroneDeploy and let it do the shooting for you.
2018-2-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Great reply.
Here's some info on AEB  (Auto Exposure Bracketing) for various cameras.
https://www.hdrsoft.com/resources/aeb.html
Mine is a Nikon D800 with 80-400mm lens...

RedHotPoker
2018-2-13
Use props
SKY-CINEMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 754767 ft
Moldova

QiiFlight Posted at 2018-2-13 09:44

Hi! Thank you for your response. Applied both of these modes today and am already occupied with photos in postproduction to make some amazing hdr pictures)
2018-2-14
Use props
SempMira
lvl.1

Colombia

Labroides Posted at 2018-2-13 14:32
You don't need AEB for a survey flight and you are fooling yourself if you also think you need to shoot raw images.
You could never write so many, very large image files while flying the survey grid.
Jpg images will do a perfectly good job for survey work.

Thank you for your response... I know jpeg is good for this.... but we have a client who needs have this photos in this format.... Drone Deploy, ot Pix4d capture are good, but like I said, this client needs the photos in with btracketing and RAW
2018-2-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Burst mode and AEB mode is quite the same however the AEB mode will take multiple photos of the same composition at different exposures. Like Burst mode, which takes several successive frames of a motion or action, AEB mode allows you to capture multiple photos by pressing the shutter button once. Unlike Burst mode.
2018-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules