Phantom 3 flight simulator
6276 4 2015-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rbarbour
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103222 ft
United States

Is there one? How do you connect it to you computer?
RTFM
I see its in the pilot App
Sorry for the static.

2015-4-29
Use props
olympic_spice
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98934 ft
United States

Have you even looked at the DJI store on the Phantom 3 features??
2015-5-4
Use props
taneks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 205771 ft
Singapore

Hi,

Is there anyway of having the simulator work without the Phantom connected?

I would like to practice flying the simulator, but can't really do so indoors as it disturbs the peace with the P3P fan whirring, lights flashing and RC beeping away. Kind of defeats the purpose of the simulator if I get thrown out of the apartment. I can also imagine the looks from my neighbours if they see me "flying" outside with a flashing P3P on the ground!!

Steven
2015-5-6
Use props
gnemie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 374678 ft
United Kingdom

im sure on one of the release videos it was said  while your waiting for your battery to charge we have a flight simulator  !  ?
2015-5-7
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

gnemie Posted at 2015-5-7 20:40
im sure on one of the release videos it was said  while your waiting for your battery to charge we h ...

Exactly! You could start training while charging up your batteries. Or was that in a 3DR Solo video...?

It is really silly that you need to have the Phantom on while using the simulator. It almost makes the simulator useless, is a waste of battery-cycles, is noisy and blinky - and you instinctually fear that you might turn on the Phantom in real life rather than the one in the simulation

I assume it is some sort of licensing thing with the simulator software. It should, however, be plenty that you've activated your drone in the Pilot app. Besides, it could be fun (and promoting sales) to be able to "try" an Inspire (or a Phantom if you have an Inspire) to get a feel of the difference.

I honestly don't have a huge use for the simulator. But it would certainly be one of those things I'd show to other people - which might make them feel confident that they could learn flying a Phantom. With how it works now, I'd likely not show the simulator to anyone because its a hassle.

PS: I'd rather that DJI fix the gimbal to make it stay level with the horizon first.
2015-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules