o(^-^)o
Icon187
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Type of Drone - P3 Pro
App Software Version -Version 3.1.28
Firmware - P3X FW V01 11.0020

since updating the above my drone is one very expensive paperweight

It originally said the aircraft was disconnected, then Gimbal Disconnected, so i’ve done a slow format on the 32GB Card,
deleted the app (after reading other users suggestions)  and now it won’t even go into camera mode it just shows ‘how to connect’ and won’t connect following all the usual steps.

so any help please?
2018-2-13
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

have you tried reinstall the app ?
2018-2-13
Use props
Icon187
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yes, as previously said on the OP.
2018-2-13
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

lot of people geeting problems with app´s ...
2018-2-13
Use props
Chris_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6142 ft
United Kingdom

It's very strange, I upgraded my P3A and it completed without error. I wonder why some aircraft are suffering with issues after the install of said firmware??
2018-2-13
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Flash the update again.
2018-2-13
Use props
Icon187
lvl.1

United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-2-13 12:29
Flash the update again.

Have done so a few times, it says abort as the file is the same or older as the current one
2018-2-13
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

I see you are using an android device?  Do you have another to try?
2018-2-13
Use props
Icon187
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi.

i use an iPad Mini4 and have tried on the iPhone x alao
2018-2-13
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Have you re-linked the controller to the aircraft?
2018-2-14
Use props
Icon187
lvl.1

United Kingdom

i have tried to do so since, but since i deleted the app and reinstalled it, it won’t connect. dispite following the videos on how to manually re link
2018-2-14
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Just a thought .... why not ask Moderators for 1.11.30 FW and install that ? It should install as it should not default out as Same or Older version as you have now ?

To be honest - the 're-install' FW - I've never got it to work - due to the Same or Older default ...

Nigel
2018-2-14
Use props
Chris_A
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I really don't understand how difficult it can be (according to DJI) to revert back to older firmware once the new firmware has been applied. I work in a programming environment and all that is basically happening (or should happen) is the old binary file is removed from the flash device and reprogrammed with the new (or indeed the old) firmware. It really should be that simple, however, I am guessing the reason is more related to supported firmware streams, rather than whether it's actually possible or not (hence the reason you cannot find download links for historical firmware).

Anyways, good luck.

/C
2018-2-14
Use props
Icon187
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Nigel/Chris.

i know it’s a joke i found the old firmware on a phantom pilot page and it has all the old FW there, however in DJIs wisdom, they no longer allow you to rollback once on the latest FW.

i doubt i would have this much issue if they allowed it.
2018-2-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Make sure that the firmware upgrade is successful.
1. Try checking another cable connector

You can try to reset the remote controller by doing the following:
1. Turn on the remote controller (leave the aircraft off)
2. Press and hold C1, C2, and the shutter button
3. Turn the remote controller off
4. Turn on the remote controller and release the buttons
5. Turn on the aircraft6. Re-Link the remote controller and the aircraft
2018-2-14
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Chris_A Posted at 2018-2-14 02:36
I really don't understand how difficult it can be (according to DJI) to revert back to older firmware once the new firmware has been applied. I work in a programming environment and all that is basically happening (or should happen) is the old binary file is removed from the flash device and reprogrammed with the new (or indeed the old) firmware. It really should be that simple, however, I am guessing the reason is more related to supported firmware streams, rather than whether it's actually possible or not (hence the reason you cannot find download links for historical firmware).

Anyways, good luck.

FW downloads old and present are actually available on "Phantomhelp" web site ... as well as old Apps and links to virtually any parts / add-ons you could wish for.

BUT - having already suffered the results of trying to revert FW - I personally advise all NOT to try it.
I believe that DJI have purposely included a code line that is preventing installing older FW to avoid users having older Fly Safe / NFZ data on their AC. In showing Authorities that they have included NFZ / Fly Safe - it goes some way to reducing Authorities legislation etc. Making it difficult to roll back - in my view is integral part of that. Just my opinion.

I know there are those who have done it successfully ... but I followed to the letter exact instructions as given on another forum ... 3 months later I received my repaired P3P back from DJI.

What I would like to see - is a proper way to re-install FW ... and not this haphazard most times fails system at present. If the FW fails to load up correctly first time - then subsequent attempts... usually have the default " Not installed due same or newer FW"

Nigel
2018-2-15
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

On this subject of Updates ... its not only DJI that is in a trap with it !

I have two computers in front of me now ... the Acer ES15 I am typing on now - all updated fine with latest Win 10 ...
The other - a Lenovo B50 .... my Works machine

Both are Win 10 compatible and not too slow .. perfectly good for work and general home duty.

The Acer dances through updates and is fine. Has latest 1710 or whatever it is.

The Lenovo is driving me nuts - its on 1609 and everytime I switch on - it tells me it needs to update. It downloads in background - I cannot stop it - slowing my machine while I work. I have installed MS workaround to prevent Update ... I have tried Metered Connection ... I spent over 2 days searching web for ways to stop this, tried so many ways  ........ NOTHING so far has stopped this - its like a virus just attacking every time I switch on.

So - DJI is not alone in this crap world of Updates !!  Some work - some don't !

Nigel
2018-2-15
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

App Software Version -Version 3.1.28      This is the android version of app  I believe.
2018-2-15
Use props
Chris_A
lvl.4
United Kingdom

solentlife Posted at 2018-2-15 03:01
On this subject of Updates ... its not only DJI that is in a trap with it !

I have two computers in front of me now ... the Acer ES15 I am typing on now - all updated fine with latest Win 10 ...

Nigel, stopping that Windows Updates will only lead to more issues later on (you should always take the lastest security updates - afterall it's these updates that keep the bad people away). The question is why are the updates not being applied correctly in the first place (my guess is that said download is failing to be correct implemented, so each time you reboot the whole process starts again). I know this is off topic (as this is a DJI forum - but hey who cares), try this.

Boot your laptop and;

1. Open Start.
2. Search for Command Prompt, right-click the result, and select Run as administrator.
3. Type the following command to stop the Windows Update Service and press Enter:
net stop wuauserv
4. Type the following command to stop the Background Intelligent Transfer Service and press Enter:
net stop bits
5. Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command.
6. Open File Explorer and browse the following path:
C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution
7. Select all its content and click the Delete button to clear the content.

Reboot your machine and run an update again (the Software Distribution folder will populate with the new updates). I hope this helps.

/Chris
2018-2-15
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I know this subject has been kicked around for a long time now. I am not a computer expert, but I honestly don't know why some "tech-savy" guy or group couldn't create a program to wipe the eprom inside the phantom so you could install whatever firmware you wanted? Maybe it isn't as easy as I am making it sound. I understand if DJI has some code preventing an overwrite of current data, but if you could clear the data you could re-install any older version you wanted. Kind of like re-formatting your PC's hard drive, or re-flashing you mobile device? Does this make any sense to anybody?
2018-2-15
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Chris_A Posted at 2018-2-15 05:02
Nigel, stopping that Windows Updates will only lead to more issues later on (you should always take the lastest security updates - afterall it's these updates that keep the bad people away). The question is why are the updates not being applied correctly in the first place (my guess is that said download is failing to be correct implemented, so each time you reboot the whole process starts again). I know this is off topic (as this is a DJI forum - but hey who cares), try this.

Boot your laptop and;

Forgive me guys ...

I have pasted your suggestion to txt file and will try it.

I've gone through all the RUN / Command Prompt stuff online .. no joy.

I have left the computer on overnight ... days - to let it do it's thing ... no joy.

I've even disabled AV / Malware / Tune-Up ... everything I can think of.

Nigel
2018-2-15
Use props
Antta
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48970 ft
Belgium

My P3Pro is linked.
A lott of interference even at 0 meters distance

I reset the RC with holding the 3 buttons.
Did not help.

I have:
RC GL300B in CE
AC Phantom 3 pro

app: 3.1.28
Version: 1.11.20
Remote controller: 1.9.2
Basic Fly Safe Database: 01.00.01.06

Old app and old firmware = can fly several Km, and no interference.
New app and new firmware = can fly visual because a lott off interference even at 0 meter distance.
Flying in the same area open field.
Old app and new firmware = some functions are disabled. example: to calibrate, and gps receiver = can fly some meters because not calibrated and no gps signal, but there is NO interference.

This tells me that the newest app (DJI before phantom 4) is the problem.

What is changed in the new app?

How can this be fixed?
2018-3-3
Use props
Kevin72
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94478 ft
United Kingdom

It does seem odd than in the instance of say iPhones, as soon as an update is released that is supposedly unable to be jail broken someone always manages it after a few weeks.
I doubt that the dji firmware would be even more secure, so I’m surprised nobody has come up with a safe solution to roll back and install whichever firmware you like.
2018-3-3
Use props
Antta
lvl.1
Belgium

I find strange that the guys from DJI don't come with a solution because they created the problem.
They keep silent, even no explanation.

Since i have these problems, and DJI don't give a solution, i don't recommend my friends to buy a DJI.
2018-3-3
Use props
Antta
lvl.1
Belgium

I keep trying.
Remove the app and all settings from my tablet.
Installed the app with date feb 5 2018.
Reset the RC by pressing and holding some keys.
updated the data maps

result:

Same problem, lott off interference live steaming even when i'm standing by my drone in the open field.
Now have a warning GEO location class C, fly with caustious.
Take a look on dji website to the maps, and where i live there is no zone. Why this warning???

my P3pro is still not usable.
2018-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules