Spark won’t switch between photo and video mid-flight
3905 15 2018-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DylanR2011
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148596 ft
United States

So beginning on Sunday for some reason my spark can’t switch between photo and video mid-flight. Ive tried tapping the remote camera buttons but they’ll only control which mode is on when the flight began. The switch camera mode button in the app above the shutter is greyed out every time I take off  now. It’s not greyed out when I’m on the ground though and will switch between the two modes no problem in the app and on the remote. I’ve formatted my card, switched batteries, and have went through all the settings I could think of and nothing seems to be working. Has anybody else experience this or have any idea why this might be happening?
2018-2-13
Use props
DylanR2011
lvl.2
United States

Looking further into it, most likely it’s an app issue. The issue began right after the DJI GO 4.2.6 update I believe.
2018-2-13
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Flying in "No photo/video zone", maybe?
2018-2-13
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

that happens sometimes with me too when the spark is really far out and is at the edge of losing connection
2018-2-13
Use props
DylanR2011
lvl.2
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-2-13 12:19
Flying in "No photo/video zone", maybe?

I don't believe so this is the same spot I've been doing the majority of my flights(as I'm still learning) and I've never been unable to in the past. Also it will capture photo and video. It just won't switch between the two mid flight. If it's on photo I can only take photos until I land it, switch to video mode then take off again.
2018-2-13
Use props
DylanR2011
lvl.2
United States

BeastMaster_101 Posted at 2018-2-13 16:06
that happens sometimes with me too when the spark is really far out and is at the edge of losing connection

That would make sense but I think I was maybe 150 feet up max and maybe 50-100 feet away at most. It has been quite cloudy and it is pretty cold still but I've still been able to get 11-15 satellites every time. Which is pretty great for where I'm at.
2018-2-13
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Canada

DylanR2011 Posted at 2018-2-13 18:30
That would make sense but I think I was maybe 150 feet up max and maybe 50-100 feet away at most. It has been quite cloudy and it is pretty cold still but I've still been able to get 11-15 satellites every time. Which is pretty great for where I'm at.

I see, that has happened to me too when i press and release the record/shutter button really fast and so the RC doesnt register the press. What I do is I hold it for 1 second and then release it and it works perfectly everytime.
2018-2-14
Use props
DylanR2011
lvl.2
United States

BeastMaster_101 Posted at 2018-2-14 14:06
I see, that has happened to me too when i press and release the record/shutter button really fast and so the RC doesnt register the press. What I do is I hold it for 1 second and then release it and it works perfectly everytime.

Thanks I’ll definitely try that next time I fly!
2018-2-14
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Canada

DylanR2011 Posted at 2018-2-14 14:12
Thanks I’ll definitely try that next time I fly!

Glad to help
Happy flying!
2018-2-14
Use props
DylanR2011
lvl.2
United States

So today I was flying earlier and it seemed to simply be fixed and the toggle between the modes perfectly fine. I did reinstall the app last night but I don’t really think it had any impact on the fix at all. I had one moment it went gray again after I pressed the shutter which would coencide with BeastMaster_101’s comment on the shutter not registering. At that same time I did get a Bluetooth/WiFi interference warning. Another thing I’ll have to keep reminding myself about too is I have been setting my Apple Watch into airplane mode then toggling Bluetooth off every time on my phone. I forgot the technical aspect in iOS now though where if you only tap it off in control center it’s not full off but simply not searching for a connection but still on. Which could’ve meant there was interference there as well. Looks like it seems to be resolved though! Thanks for the help everyone!
2018-2-14
Use props
fans10156593
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19199 ft

I am having the exact same issue since Friday 8/24. I can start the video on the ground and it will record video, if not as soon as the Spark is in the air the switch between pictures and video is grayed out will not able to start a video not from the App and not from the RC. I use OTG cable as well as Apple watch (not sure what the implications are but it was mentioned above). I hope this will be fixed ASAP.
2018-8-27
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Just a wild guess: Sparky's MicroSD card is full or missing completely?

HTH,
Wolferl
2018-8-28
Use props
DylanR2011
lvl.2
United States

fans10156593 Posted at 2018-8-27 13:53
I am having the exact same issue since Friday 8/24. I can start the video on the ground and it will record video, if not as soon as the Spark is in the air the switch between pictures and video is grayed out will not able to start a video not from the App and not from the RC. I use OTG cable as well as Apple watch (not sure what the implications are but it was mentioned above). I hope this will be fixed ASAP.

The Apple Watch for me just created a signal interference due to the Bluetooth. So I ended up always tossing it into airplane mode or taking it off. Shouldn’t correlate to this issue at all though. I’d recommend just trying to reinstall DJI Go 4, that seemed to fix the issue for me.
2018-8-28
Use props
DylanR2011
lvl.2
United States

Wolferl Posted at 2018-8-28 01:02
Just a wild guess: Sparky's MicroSD card is full or missing completely?

HTH,

Just clarification the problem that was happening is the Spark will shoot videos and photos no problem. But for some reason the ability to switch between photo and video mode mid flight is grayed out. So you’re stuck just taking videos or photo and if I’d want to switch to the other I’d have to land before it would have the option to switch modes again.
2018-8-28
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Are you taking off in Gesture Mode???  Video is deactivated in Gesture Mode...you have to tap the RC icon on the left side and then tap the Normal icon to get video recording back after a Gesture takeoff.
2018-8-28
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430364 ft
Canada

Mine does that too but I think my SD card is corrupted
2018-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules