Mavic Air gimbal yaw with goggles ?
2403 10 2018-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_YAyAvqgllm6s
lvl.1
United States

Mavic Air and goggles have latest firmware update.  Gimbal headtracking tilts up and down, also rotates( head facing forward, lean head on shoulder and camera rotates picture) but no left or right movement.

Is this normal ?
Or is there somthing I’m not doing?
Will dji release a new firmware update , that will allow yaw gimbal movement with controller and/or goggles?
2018-2-13
Use props
TallTeef
lvl.1
United States

Just got my Mavic Air and Goggles package and having the exact same issue.   Firmware is up to date on both Air and Goggles.  

Up and down works as expected, the dot in crosshairs indicate that the goggles are picking up my left and right turning, but the Mavic Air won't respond.  Trying both in Head Tracking Flight and Head Tracking Gimbal modes.   

Help?
2018-2-15
Use props
JAY-DIZZLE-DUCK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 755807 ft
Canada

Same problm with Mavic Air and DJI goggles. I can control yaw of
Aircraft and vertice control of gimble but not horizontal control of gimbal. When will this issue be fixed?
2018-2-23
Use props
vinnybobdog
lvl.1
Canada

My purchase is stalled until its confirmed you can control the DJI Mavic Air's camera yaw with the DJI Goggles.
@djiuser_YAyAvqgllm6s @TallTeef @JAY-DIZZLE-DUCK if you can let me know if this is ever confirmed to be addressed or if the DJI Mavic Air + DJI Goggle's is confirmed to limited to camera pitch only control that would be great.
2018-3-15
Use props
fans745e101f
New
Germany

I have the same issue. Could anyone from the official DJI support please respond to this?? If there is no bugfix in sight I have to return my fresh bought mavic air...
2018-3-25
Use props
djiuser_YAyAvqgllm6s
lvl.1
United States

When using head tracker ....the gimbal does not move left or right ....the entire drone moves left or right....gimbal moves only up and down .....When the goggles are being used there two options for gimbal use ....one that allows only up And down movement of gimbal and the other which allows up and down of gimbal and yaw left and right movement of drone
2018-3-26
Use props
Dimitri Vits
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20394 ft
Belgium

Hi all, is this issue solved? I mean can you look left/right with the goggles and mavic air in head track mode?? Up/down is looking fine but is useless if we cannot look left /right.. Anyone an idea as DJI support seems not to be very helpful ? Thanks in advance!
2018-5-20
Use props
Danger Lampost
lvl.4

United States

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not believe the Mavic Air gimbal has any ability to control left/right movement. I believe the goggles yaw the drone, not the gimbal.

Thinking about that, why would you want to rotate the gimbal if you can yaw the drone?
2018-5-20
Use props
Dimitri Vits
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20394 ft
Belgium

If I have the goggles on and use the head track mode  the view you have is only up and down. If i rotate my head to the left the drone is not turning as well. This would be fine as well,..

Maybe i miss a setting? but it is not turning with me. Any help is welcome!
Thank in advance gr
2018-5-22
Use props
fansc61ec7d1
New

United States

I just bought my Air and racing goggles about a month ago after doing weeks of reviewing the different options the different drones have, and selected this one because it had everything I wanted (to include head tracking).  I can get up and down but not gimbal control left and right.  I contacted support last night via chat and they confirmed that it should work but could not tell me any steps to perform.  They suggested that I call support via phone today, so I am on hold trying to get to support now.  I suspect there will be no resolution and I will be returning all of the gear as this was a requirement for me when purchasing this product!
2020-1-13
Use props
fansc61ec7d1
New

United States

fansc61ec7d1 Posted at 1-13 11:18
I just bought my Air and racing goggles about a month ago after doing weeks of reviewing the different options the different drones have, and selected this one because it had everything I wanted (to include head tracking).  I can get up and down but not gimbal control left and right.  I contacted support last night via chat and they confirmed that it should work but could not tell me any steps to perform.  They suggested that I call support via phone today, so I am on hold trying to get to support now.  I suspect there will be no resolution and I will be returning all of the gear as this was a requirement for me when purchasing this product!

So anyone still interested, when I called support today they told me because the range of the gimbel was so small left and right tracking is not and will not be available on the Air.
2020-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules