Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No timestamp on video files
4996 16 2018-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
albertczyzewski
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133855 ft
Poland

Hello,

I've noticed that video files on Mavic Air does not have timestamp saved - when you check properties in Windows/MacOS it looks fine but inside file(in something like EXIF for movies) there is no info, so it's shown as 01-01-1904. It is really annyoing bug because when importing files through some app, like Lightroom it is copying files to catalogues corresponding to file's creation date. In consequence all video files from Mavic Air are copied to catalogue named 1904-01-01, no matter when the movie was recorded.
I've checked files recorded on Phantom 3 Pro(the same properties - mov file with 4k resolution) and this date is shown properly, which means there is clearly some bug in Mavic... Did anyone encounter similar issue or is it just my Mavic which has problems?

Cheers!
2018-2-13
Use props
braddahjosh808
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1868376 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is common issue that I’ve been having with the new new release of the Mavic Pro and the P4P. It will take awhile before DJI fixes it. It’s so annoying.
2018-2-13
Use props
the0bone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11896 ft
Germany

But you should only get the Jan 1st, 1904 on Mac after importing. If you do so on Windows, it should say 1.1.1900.

Basically that say: Non date written in the file. And because Windows in the very beginning (or even before MS-DOS9 did not allow dates before Jan 1st 1900. And with Mac it was the Jan 1st 1904.
1,462 days of difference between this both OSs.

But yes: Frustrating, that the correct data is not written into the file. It is done by every cheap Action Cam and should not be a big deal.
2018-2-18
Use props
fans3e71d530
New
Flight distance : 5932 ft
Mexico

Same here - I was even with the Support Team via chat and the answer I got was "it's the first time I hear from this"...

Quite frustrating indeed - especially that apparently they make the same mistake over and over...

I was told I should fill a form to request the firmware update - any other volunteers to raise their attention?

ISSUE: Wrong time stamp when importing photo/video
Drone model:
phone/tablet DEVICE:
Troubleshooting done:
EMAIL(Really important):
Attach photo or short video: (IF aplicable)
send it to support.us@dji.com via email
name:
Best callback number(imporant):​
Sugestions/ comments:
2018-3-26
Use props
vince95
lvl.1
Flight distance : 292 ft
France

I've got exactly the same problem so open a support ticket about it.
2018-4-28
Use props
vince95
lvl.1
Flight distance : 292 ft
France

I've got exactly the same problem so open a support ticket about it.
Ooops, sorry for double post
2018-4-28
Use props
MartinAndLeonie
New
Peru

fans3e71d530 Posted at 2018-3-26 14:49
Same here - I was even with the Support Team via chat and the answer I got was "it's the first time I hear from this"...

Quite frustrating indeed - especially that apparently they make the same mistake over and over...

Hey Guys, do you know if this has been solved within the new update? or do i need to support and send in a request as well?
very annoying bug, this is..
2018-5-27
Use props
michael_l
New
Netherlands

Encountered the same problem today which gave me problems with sorting files from different cameras in Premiere. I am no professional coder (just for hobby), but by hooking up some code I managed to get working results.
What this does is getting the timestamp from the file and then use ffmpeg to copy it into a new file with the metadata Premiere -and I assume other (adobe) programs- reads. After that it cleans up by deleting the original file, but not before -besides copying it to the metadata- appending the original creation date to the new file, so everything is as it was. The copying is without recoding, so it should be a fairly quick process.

Environment
I'm working and testing with:
  • Drone: Mavic Air
  • File naming pattern: 'DJI_####.MP4' (standard Mavic Air)
  • File extention: MP4
  • Operating system: MacOS High Siera with ffmpeg installed and accessible from commandline with the command 'ffmpeg'.
  • Time zone: CEST

Other configurations may certainly work, but I'm not able to give support.

Warning
Please understand that I'm an enthousiast not a professional coder and I'm not able to give support. Please back-up all files before working on them.

Single file from Mac Terminal
In Terminal navigate to the folder containing your DJI MP4's and execute the following command (all in one line), replacing all occurencies of DJI_####.MP4 to the filename of the file you want to work with:
  1. ffmpeg -i DJI_####.MP4 -c copy -map 0 -metadata creation_time="`TC=CEST stat -f %SB -t "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S" DJI_####.MP4`" .tmp-DJI_####.MP4 && touch -t "`TC=CEST stat -f %SB -t "%Y%m%d%H%M" DJI_####.MP4`" .tmp-DJI_####.MP4 && mv .tmp-DJI_####.MP4 DJI_####.MP4
Copy the code
Multiple files from Mac Terminal
In Terminal navigate to the folder containing your DJI MP4's and execute the following command (all in one line)

for f in *.MP4; do ffmpeg -y -i $f -c copy -metadata creation_time="`TC=CEST stat -f %SB -t "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S+02:00" $f`" .tmp_$f; touch -t "`TC=CEST stat -f %SB -t "%Y%m%d%H%M" $f`" .tmp_$f; mv .tmp_$f $f; done

Executable .command file
I've attached a file copy_timestamp.command.zip. If you unzip and copy the contents in a folder with the files you want to alter, you can double click the .command file to run. If it doesn't run make the script executable by typing 'chmod a+x copy_timestamp.command' in Terminal.

copy_timestamp.command.zip (847 Bytes, Down times: 3)
2018-8-17
Use props
michael_l
New
Netherlands

Sorry for the extra addition, but the forum won't let me edit my post after 2 minutes... The 'Multiple files section' in my post didn't contain a handy code block. Here's a correction to that:

Multiple files from Mac Terminal
In Terminal navigate to the folder containing your DJI MP4's and execute the following command (all in one line)
  1. for f in *.MP4; do ffmpeg -y -i $f -c copy -metadata creation_time="`TC=CEST stat -f %SB -t "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S+02:00" $f`" .tmp_$f; touch -t "`TC=CEST stat -f %SB -t "%Y%m%d%H%M" $f`" .tmp_$f; mv .tmp_$f $f; done
Copy the code
2018-8-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for having issues. Kindly try to create a folder first before you import your videos to Lightroom. Should you have some queries don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help you. Thank you.
2018-8-17
Use props
antono
lvl.1
Flight distance : 243737 ft
Belarus

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-17 09:22
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for having issues. Kindly try to create a folder first before you import your videos to Lightroom. Should you have some queries don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help you. Thank you.

Hey, its not rocket science to write timestamp to video metadata. Is there any bugtracker where we can upvote this feature?
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

antono Posted at 2018-9-2 14:38
Hey, its not rocket science to write timestamp to video metadata. Is there any bugtracker where we can upvote this feature?

Actually, that specific feature that you are referring to is not available on the application which DJI has, but that is a quite a good suggestion, and let me as well have that be suggested to our engineering team in order for us to add improvements to our services. thank you.
2018-9-7
Use props
moorgman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65203 ft
Sweden

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-7 10:38
Actually, that specific feature that you are referring to is not available on the application which DJI has, but that is a quite a good suggestion, and let me as well have that be suggested to our engineering team in order for us to add improvements to our services. thank you.

I can confirm that this bug is still present with latest firmware as of this writing. (I'm using Mavic Air)
Your response make it seem that is a feature that was intentionally not implemented, which I find surprising, to say the least.

This really needs to be fixed, importing videos into Lightroom is a royal pain with missing metadata!
2018-9-9
Use props
Karolina
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106299 ft
Poland

Yeah, still not fixed. I have 1904 for all videos. Is there a bugtracker for mavic air?
2019-4-7
Use props
YpsilonTM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14491 ft
Belgium

Still no fix....
2019-8-18
Use props
JoshFromPerth
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1160968 ft

Hey guys, can you please go here, vote thread up and my comment and we'll garner some support from DJI to resolve this. I've already emailed them. Cheers!
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 813&pid=1955723
2019-9-9
Use props
gpomykala
New
Poland

michael_l Posted at 2018-8-17 09:09
Encountered the same problem today which gave me problems with sorting files from different cameras in Premiere. I am no professional coder (just for hobby), but by hooking up some code I managed to get working results.
What this does is getting the timestamp from the file and then use ffmpeg to copy it into a new file with the metadata Premiere -and I assume other (adobe) programs- reads. After that it cleans up by deleting the original file, but not before -besides copying it to the metadata- appending the original creation date to the new file, so everything is as it was. The copying is without recoding, so it should be a fairly quick process.

Hello, suprise, surprise, the problem is still here in 2020. I am using Mavic Air and I wanted to sync footage from multiple cams (GP8 Black + Mavic Air) in DaVinci Resolve. While GP8 videos are just fine, the DJI clips do not have correct TC metadata: TC start always is 00:00:00:00 instead of the correct date/time. I tried to use ffmpeg to write creation_time metadata and it seems to be written, since i can get it back from the file. I bet Resolve relies on different kind of TC metadata? I also tried to add the metadata using exiftool - that method was mentioned in another thread with no much luck
Could anyone suggest what am I missing?
2020-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules