The Sentinels of Blackdown at Sunset (Mavic Pro)
1932 58 2018-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GoldenSun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Chasing Light & Shadows Posted at 2018-2-15 01:28
Also, to add to that when you're flying close to foliage you can see which way the props are blowing it. I generally fly it in both directions and pick which one looks best in post. Most of the time flying backwards has the advantage visually and you can see the rear light.

For me backwards feels more cinematic as you reveal the scene and keep the audience guessing what's next whereas forwards into the scene without any gimbal movement you can pretty much see everything already.

I agree, reveals like that are great, eveyone loves a surprise. Just different shots for different purposes. But you did a great job here!
2018-2-15
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome work
2018-2-15
Use props
Chasing Light & Shadows
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221476 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks, glad you like it
2018-2-15
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did and your welcome
2018-2-15
Use props
Leftyguy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

Great Videos again - This is for the second set of Videos - Great Job, very enjoyable to watch
2018-2-15
Use props
Chasing Light & Shadows
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Leftyguy Posted at 2018-2-15 16:10
Great Videos again - This is for the second set of Videos - Great Job, very enjoyable to watch

Thank you, we spoilt for amazing woodlands here in Surrey.
2018-2-16
Use props
Leftyguy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

Chasing Light & Shadows Posted at 2018-2-16 13:42
Thank you, we spoilt for amazing woodlands here in Surrey.

Your Welcome
2018-2-16
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

EXCELLENT!  Just excellent.  But I was very surprised to read that you didn't fly them in reverse and then turn them around in processing.  That's a pretty normal way of doing close in work like that.  The reveals are great!  You've given me an idea of something I want to try later this year.  If I can do it half as well as you did, I'll be tickled.  Or as we like to say, pickled tink!
2018-2-16
Use props
Chasing Light & Shadows
lvl.4
United Kingdom

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2018-2-16 17:45
EXCELLENT!  Just excellent.  But I was very surprised to read that you didn't fly them in reverse and then turn them around in processing.  That's a pretty normal way of doing close in work like that.  The reveals are great!  You've given me an idea of something I want to try later this year.  If I can do it half as well as you did, I'll be tickled.  Or as we like to say, pickled tink!

Thank you, am glad you enjoyed them. I've done that in over videos and certainly not against it, I generally just fly both directions and then pick which ever looks smoothest in post. When you're up close like in these ones I prefer to fly backwards towards me, I find I get a better sense of depth and where the drone is in relation to branches etc.
2018-2-17
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Chasing Light & Shadows Posted at 2018-2-17 04:44
Thank you, am glad you enjoyed them. I've done that in over videos and certainly not against it, I generally just fly both directions and then pick which ever looks smoothest in post. When you're up close like in these ones I prefer to fly backwards towards me, I find I get a better sense of depth and where the drone is in relation to branches etc.

That's kinda where I am.  If I'm right there walking along with it (ideal), I'm likely going to go backward.  Each case is by ear.
2018-2-17
Use props
Stealthpilot313
lvl.1
Singapore

The videos are all totally inspirational.  Make me wanna go out and fly mine.  Appreciate you both for sharing. May i ask what post producing editing software do both of you use?
2018-2-17
Use props
Dorset_Horn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

Enchanting.
No fancy rocket, helix moves, just smooth glides and rises. And a muddy woodland with a stormy sunset, for me, as effective a subject as a sunny beachscape.
I'm going to track down your YouTube channel and indulge my senses.
2018-2-18
Use props
Chasing Light & Shadows
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Stealthpilot313 Posted at 2018-2-17 20:39
The videos are all totally inspirational.  Make me wanna go out and fly mine.  Appreciate you both for sharing. May i ask what post producing editing software do both of you use?

Thanks am glad you liked them, all the videos in this thread are from my flights. I mostly use premiere pro and davinci resolve but it doesn’t really matter as there’s nothing special with the editing and any editor would do.
2018-2-18
Use props
Chasing Light & Shadows
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Dorset_Horn Posted at 2018-2-18 02:54
Enchanting.
No fancy rocket, helix moves, just smooth glides and rises. And a muddy woodland with a stormy sunset, for me, as effective a subject as a sunny beachscape.
I'm going to track down your YouTube channel and indulge my senses.

Thanks, that’s kind of you
2018-2-18
Use props
Dorset_Horn
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I'm about to make a decision on software. Doesn't seem to be a great deal between Adobe Premiere Pro, Davinci Resolve and Final Cut. Anything to tip the scales one or another?
2018-2-18
Use props
Chasing Light & Shadows
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Dorset_Horn Posted at 2018-2-18 11:59
I'm about to make a decision on software. Doesn't seem to be a great deal between Adobe Premiere Pro, Davinci Resolve and Final Cut. Anything to tip the scales one or another?

Final cut is probably your best option for Mac simply because it runs a lot faster and will save you loads of time.
2018-2-18
Use props
Dorset_Horn
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Chasing Light & Shadows Posted at 2018-2-18 12:07
Final cut is probably your best option for Mac simply because it runs a lot faster and will save you loads of time.

Thanks for the tip. I'm getting a guy to build me a bespoke unit to include the software but it's unlikely to be Apple, I imagine. I might look at someone's ex-gaming computer on Gumtree (bit like CraigsList) since they usually have a bit of poke and should cope with large files. I'm only after presentable not professional results.
2018-2-18
Use props
Chasing Light & Shadows
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Dorset_Horn Posted at 2018-2-18 12:14
Thanks for the tip. I'm getting a guy to build me a bespoke unit to include the software but it's unlikely to be Apple, I imagine. I might look at someone's ex-gaming computer on Gumtree (bit like CraigsList) since they usually have a bit of poke and should cope with large files. I'm only after presentable not professional results.

For pc then davinci resolve. Try the free version first to see how you get on with it.
2018-2-18
Use props
Dorset_Horn
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Ok. Decison made!
2018-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules