Cannot get P3P to take off or give image signal
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
James.Higgy
lvl.1
United States

I recently got a phantom 3 pro for my dad. I am not super good with drones, but I have a mavic and I'm pretty good when it comes to electronics. Here's my issue: I bought this thing, then I tunred on the app and got no image signal. I decided to at least take off from the ground just to see how the drone flies, performs, etc. Nothing. I noticed it had flashing yellow lights so I reconnected (physical reset button on drone and in app) to the aircraft. Still nothing. The app gives me readouts about satellites, HD video connection, Firmware, ETC. But I cant take off, I cant see video transmission and I have endless flashing yellow lights.

One more thing: I have been trying to upgrade the firmware on the drone with an SD card but the files wont unzip on my computer running MACOS Sierra. All the tutorials say to unzip the file before placing it on an SD card.

If anyone know what is going on please help. I'd really appreciate it.

-James
2018-2-13
Use props
Chris_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6142 ft
United Kingdom

Personally, I would get that file unzipped and upgrade both the transmitter and the aircraft. In order to unzip files on a MAC (Not an Apple fan, so you will probably need to read carefully), see link below;

http://recomhub.com/blog/mac-os-sierra-how-to-unzip-a-file/

Let us know how you get on

Chris
2018-2-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Kindly follow the steps below.
1.  Make sure all firmware is update both aircraft and remote control..
Confirm if firmware is updated for the Aircraft, Remote Controller and DJO Go App.
Go to Downloads Page of DJI Website for updated firmware:
http://www.dji.com/phantom-3-adv/info#downloads
2. Re-link Aircraft and Remote Control.
Re-Linking via DJI Go App
Manually Re-Linking the Remote Controller
3. Uninstall and reinstall the DJI Go app.
4. Reformat the Micro SD Card
2018-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules