Crystalsky update V02.05.00.00, feb11
1841 11 2018-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

On Feb11, 2018, a new dji update came up for my crystalsky. The update is version V02.05.00.00. It downloaded ok and apparently installed ok but it hang up upon reboot. Cannot shut it off from the power button, cannot trigger reboot. Crystalsky remains ON even with the battery removed. Eventually it fixed itself. Looks ok now. Video below, watch on mute.

Did anyone experience any issues?

2018-2-13
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

HI, try to press Power on/off for more than 10s
2018-2-13
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

since the V02.05.00.00 Crystalsky update from Feb11, i cannot seamlessly switch between the apps (go 4 and pilot). it used to just be able to click and open and then uav is connected right away.

after the update, it asks for app linkage to usb, like a memory/decision on what to do and if you click on, say, the go app 4, then you cannot switch to the pilot and expect it to be connected, unless you allow usb connection, or reboot tablet/RC. go 4 app opens automatically and when the pilot is triggered, it doesnt connect to the uav. it is giving me grief, this new update. all the firmware is the latest. just checked on the dji assistant and also confirmed in the video.

any solutions? i factory reset the tablet. didnt solve it. reconnected uav multiple times. the settings on the tablet do not allow for permanent usb-to-app connection under settings---app like on a normal android tablet where you can set permissions.

2018-2-16
Use props
fansde8f5825
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55016 ft
United States

Ditto: download, install, then pulsing “dji”. I had to press on-off over thirty (30) times.

That was distressing.
2018-2-26
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

fansde8f5825 Posted at 2018-2-26 15:47
Ditto: download, install, then pulsing “dji”. I had to press on-off over thirty (30) times.

That was distressing.

that update issue only occurred once, during the update, tablet was ok after.
the app message, however, remains: "choose an app for the usb device: dji go, dji go 4, dji pilot beta". every time the tablet is re-connected to the usb plug on the RC, the messsage appears, asking for permission for which app to use.
2018-2-26
Use props
fans97ed83d0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 497352 ft
United States

kozlio# Posted at 2018-2-16 18:15
since the V02.05.00.00 Crystalsky update from Feb11, i cannot seamlessly switch between the apps (go 4 and pilot). it used to just be able to click and open and then uav is connected right away.

after the update, it asks for app linkage to usb, like a memory/decision on what to do and if you click on, say, the go app 4, then you cannot switch to the pilot and expect it to be connected, unless you allow usb connection, or reboot tablet/RC. go 4 app opens automatically and when the pilot is triggered, it doesnt connect to the uav. it is giving me grief, this new update. all the firmware is the latest. just checked on the dji assistant and also confirmed in the video.

Did you find a fix?
2018-2-27
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

no fix. called dji enterprise last week and the rep on the phone advised that the msg "choose an app for the usb device" is cuz the tablet is android, albeit dji's own version of android on the crystal sky. i didnt have this msg before the update. the rep didnt acknowledge that the recent update did that, but rather suggested it is the OS and that i should re-install the pilot and go 4 with their .apk. problem remains after .apk re-install. msg still shows up and it is an issue if you click "always" as then ud have to factory-resent the crystal sky device before using one of the 2 installed apps. at least that is my experience.
2018-2-28
Use props
fans97ed83d0
lvl.1
United States

kozlio# Posted at 2018-2-28 14:53
no fix. called dji enterprise last week and the rep on the phone advised that the msg "choose an app for the usb device" is cuz the tablet is android, albeit dji's own version of android on the crystal sky. i didnt have this msg before the update. the rep didnt acknowledge that the recent update did that, but rather suggested it is the OS and that i should re-install the pilot and go 4 with their .apk. problem remains after .apk re-install. msg still shows up and it is an issue if you click "always" as then ud have to factory-resent the crystal sky device before using one of the 2 installed apps. at least that is my experience.

Found the fix.  All you need to do is go into the CS settings and complete a backup/restore.  It'll delete the current setup and reboot. During the reboot you'll need to re-sign into your DJI account on both the Go4 and Pilot apps.  When you do on each you'll get the option to default to the GO, GO4, or Pilot app either once or always.  DONT PICK ALWAYS.  That option is the issue.  Pick once and go into the app you want.  The Pilot app works perfectly.  If you want to switch between apps (Go4 and Pilot) you need to 'reboot' the CS rather than simply switching apps while it's powered on.  SO - the two keys are DONT pick always for the default app AND you need to reboot to go between apps.  Other than those two nuances, everything works perfect.  Good Luck-
2018-3-3
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

Yea but his didn't exist before the update. Was ok as is. Now i run yhe risk of needing to factory reset or reboot or reconnect
2018-3-3
Use props
fans97ed83d0
lvl.1
United States

kozlio# Posted at 2018-3-3 22:19
Yea but his didn't exist before the update. Was ok as is. Now i run yhe risk of needing to factory reset or reboot or reconnect

Right, sorry... Probably should have said "Work-Around" rather than fix...  
2018-3-5
Use props
fansa7e34cd9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2538474 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans97ed83d0 Posted at 2018-3-3 16:03
Found the fix.  All you need to do is go into the CS settings and complete a backup/restore.  It'll delete the current setup and reboot. During the reboot you'll need to re-sign into your DJI account on both the Go4 and Pilot apps.  When you do on each you'll get the option to default to the GO, GO4, or Pilot app either once or always.  DONT PICK ALWAYS.  That option is the issue.  Pick once and go into the app you want.  The Pilot app works perfectly.  If you want to switch between apps (Go4 and Pilot) you need to 'reboot' the CS rather than simply switching apps while it's powered on.  SO - the two keys are DONT pick always for the default app AND you need to reboot to go between apps.  Other than those two nuances, everything works perfect.  Good Luck-

doesn't work with me and my unit, terrible pixellation using it today with Inspire 1 and have tried all reboots, and all the other setting changes, nothing works.......is driving me nuts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2018-4-6
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

this might be fixed by DJI as of yesterday, see latest Crystal Sky firmware notes "Fixed an issue where the remote control became disconnected when switching between built-in apps.

I have yet to try it. doing updates & test checks this weekend.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-144019-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-144060-1-1.html
2018-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules