Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[Resolved] Issue: PC failing to see storage on Mavic Air
28934 49 2018-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MauiMikey
New

OK, I have spent the better part of the day trying to retrieve files from the internal memory of my Mavic Pro and have nothing but frustration to show for my efforts. I have tried all of the above mentioned fixes and then some on both my desktop and laptop computers. Both are running up to date Win10, all DJI firmware is up to date, latest version of Assistant, etc.  Without Assistant running I can sometimes access the SD card (empty since it was just re-formatted) but never the internal drive.  Additionally, the Android version of the Go4 app sees no video or photos for playback. I flew yesterday and it showed recording several short video clips and some still photos. Any suggestions?
2018-5-6
Use props
fansb53cfac3
lvl.1
United States

I tried these things and continued to have the two drives appear, briefly be available, then go gray. Win10. The solution, simple though not obvious, was to shut down Assistant 2. Apparently, it's overriding the computer's file system.

2018-5-15
Use props
djiuser_2TWaW4xRM1EB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2444 ft

Updating the USB ASMedia worked for me!! Also I had to update the firmware, just got this yesterday.
2018-7-31
Use props
djiuser_onYmd8uWUnQ1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2211 ft
Sri Lanka

Why dji mavic air display cannot see
2018-9-28
Use props
Wellsi
Captain
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
Iceland

Big thanks to post #22....
2019-3-14
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Wellsi Posted at 3-14 12:31
Big thanks to post #22....

I'm thinking you meant Post #24? Anyway, some people are still hitting this issue, so I'm glad it's re-appeared as a recent post. These sort of solutions really should be compiled by the admins and made as a forum "sticky" IMHO.
Glad that it worked for you.
2019-3-14
Use props
Wellsi
Captain
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
Iceland

Punchbuggy Posted at 3-14 14:12
I'm thinking you meant Post #24? Anyway, some people are still hitting this issue, so I'm glad it's re-appeared as a recent post. These sort of solutions really should be compiled by the admins and made as a forum "sticky" IMHO.
Glad that it worked for you.

Yep!  #24.... And was pretty happy to get this resolved!
2019-3-16
Use props
FanOfFlight
First Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-20 09:55
Our very knowledgeable and kind Co-Pilot djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H has found the solution today which I share here on his behalf:

1. Connect Mavic Air to your computer powered on.

This solved the problem...  Thanks!
2019-5-26
Use props
djiuser_13W37DTUncp9
lvl.1

United States

My Mavic Air 2 has same issue. I can not see my drive, connecting Mavic Air 2.
2020-5-28
Use props
Labajo
lvl.1

United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-20 09:55
Our very knowledgeable and kind Co-Pilot djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H has found the solution today which I share here on his behalf:

1. Connect Mavic Air to your computer powered on.

Is there a way to switch my device from Mass Storage Mode back to USB Serial Device Mode (COMx)?
2023-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules