Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Status Error?
4684 14 2018-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscc292e56
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1486811 ft
United States

The last few times I've flown on my original A set of batteries, I've run into a concerning problem. Mid-flight, I get a warning that says "battery status error." Usually this just happens with one out of the two batteries, however on one occasion this happened to both batteries and I was forced to land immediately.
You can see the issue in the photos I uploaded.

I'm running on the latest firmware for both the I2 (and batteries) and with the Cendence and CrystalSky 7.85" monitor- both updated to the latest firmware/software as well.
I have another pair of batteries that I have never had this issue with- it's only my "A" set. The issue is also spotty- I've had it happen several times in a row and then not happen, and then happen again, etc.
Either way, I'd like a solution- whether it be a fix (if possible) or replacement of this possibly faulty battery set.

battery status error

battery status error

battery menu

battery menu
2018-2-13
Use props
fanscc292e56
lvl.2
United States

Update: I am still having this issue- in fact I just flew and one battery had a status error shortly followed by the second battery... 6 minutes into flight and the drone went into landing mode because of the battery level (since both batteries had a status error not allowing the craft to judge its battery level...)

I have not heard any solutions from anyone. If I could please get some help, that would be greatly appreciated.
These batteries have only been charged a little over 100 times and are very expensive. As they are, they are basically paperweights.
2018-2-15
Use props
fanscc292e56
lvl.2
United States

Update: I tried a firmware refresh via DJI Assistant with the troublesome battery set in the aircraft, and it did nothing to help. I'm now getting a situation every single flight where the battery percentages and voltages are reading (the percentages are probably not accurate because for the first 3-4 minutes of flight, the batteries stay at 100% indicated) however when you open the battery tab, nothing is shown as if the batteries are not connected.

I would appreciate some help, DJI, because it feels like I am talking to myself. I contacted support and I did not get a single solution.
2018-2-18
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

It's not your fault, if you never let the batteries sit below 40%.

What's the temperature of weather where you live?
2018-2-19
Use props
dan_vector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 613753 ft
Thailand

If the batteries are outside of the warranty period which I believe is 6 months DJI will just tell you to buy new batteries. 104 charges is nothing and well below what I expect from today's lipos and certainly from an 'intelligent flight battery'!
2018-2-19
Use props
fanscc292e56
lvl.2
United States

fansd845e849 Posted at 2018-2-19 05:00
It's not your fault, if you never let the batteries sit below 40%.

What's the temperature of weather where you live?

I always kept the batteries at 45%-60% if I wasn't going to use them within a few hours.
The temperature was about 30 degrees Fahrenheit to the mid 50's (It was about 50 degrees at the time of the latest flight where both batteries had the error)
2018-2-19
Use props
fanscc292e56
lvl.2
United States

dan_vector Posted at 2018-2-19 10:00
If the batteries are outside of the warranty period which I believe is 6 months DJI will just tell you to buy new batteries. 104 charges is nothing and well below what I expect from today's lipos and certainly from an 'intelligent flight battery'!

It's ridiculous because the batteries themselves (all the cells, etc) work perfectly fine- it's just the system (in the batteries??) that reports the battery percentages and status. The voltages reported are completely normal, however the percentages are completely off. If the error didn't trigger the drone to go into auto-land, I could fly the battery set for the standard time (15 minutes or so) and be okay.

I have two other battery sets, and both are working completely fine! It's only this set.
2018-2-19
Use props
FalconCam
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

fanscc292e56 Posted at 2018-2-19 10:14
It's ridiculous because the batteries themselves (all the cells, etc) work perfectly fine- it's just the system (in the batteries??) that reports the battery percentages and status. The voltages reported are completely normal, however the percentages are completely off. If the error didn't trigger the drone to go into auto-land, I could fly the battery set for the standard time (15 minutes or so) and be okay.

I have two other battery sets, and both are working completely fine! It's only this set.

I started a different thready and only saw this one after. Same thing happened to me today. Only 10 cycles on the battery!

I was on a shoot today with my Inspire 2. Batteries were in storage charge, I charged two pairs today for the short shoot I had. Both charged fully (I think) until lights were solid green on the charger.

First pair was fine - no problems and I landed as per normal. Swapped in second Pair and got a fast flashing red light on the inspire 2- Ce11 3 on one battery was showing 0.11 V below the others.

Could I have pulled this pair of whilst it was still charging - perhaps balancing this last cell?

I noticed that the DJI Go App had updated itself... thats the only thing different from the last time I did a shoot
2018-2-20
Use props
FalconCam
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

fanscc292e56 Posted at 2018-2-19 10:14

I have two other battery sets, and both are working completely fine! It's only this set.

I started a different thread and only saw this one after. Same thing happened to me today. Only 10 cycles on the battery!

I was on a shoot today with my Inspire 2. Batteries were in storage charge, I charged two pairs today for the short shoot I had. Both charged fully (I think) until lights were solid green on the charger.

First pair was fine - no problems and I landed as per normal. Swapped in second Pair and got a fast flashing red light on the inspire 2- Ce11 3 on one battery was showing 0.11 V below the others.

Could I have pulled this pair of whilst it was still charging - perhaps balancing this last cell?

I noticed that the DJI Go App had updated itself... thats the only thing different from the last time I did a shoot
2018-2-20
Use props
fanscc292e56
lvl.2
United States

DJI- do any of you have a solution?? My A set of batteries is still non-functional because of this status error and I would at least appreciate some advice.
2018-3-1
Use props
fanscc292e56
lvl.2
United States

I'm sorry for trying to re-spark this post once again, but I still have heard nothing from DJI and have heard no solutions. Is anyone able to help?
2018-3-21
Use props
daev2018
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12263747 ft
  • >>>
United States

fanscc292e56 Posted at 2018-3-21 11:40
I'm sorry for trying to re-spark this post once again, but I still have heard nothing from DJI and have heard no solutions. Is anyone able to help?

I started with 5 sets a year ago. At the point at 15 cycles where set B had a battery cell error I called DJI support on the phone. They recommended I try to discharge to 5% and recharge the battery after it cools. This mean't I ran my I2 by a AC register for about a hour. I charged back up and the problem was still present. I called back to report my results to tech support and they transferred me to someone who took my info, sent me a return address for replacement. It was replaced fast.

Just a couple weeks later one of setC batteries gave battery cell error. I tried same thing they told me to do before and no results. The odd thing was that if you put in the battery that gave no error in the right bay and start up first before inserting the supposedly bad battery the Go4 App gave NO ERROR. This was at 18 cycles use, I called DJI and talked to someone who confirmed my serial # indicated it was 6 months past activation. I just bought a new battery and figure I could use the supposedly bad battery for a power bank or dispose of it.

Before these 2 incidents I would hot swap batteries to keep my I2 running.

After the $159 loss from what I suspect is really bad firmware I will NEVER hot swap batteries again.
Are you guys hot swapping batteries?
2018-3-21
Use props
fanscc292e56
lvl.2

daev2018 Posted at 2018-3-21 15:36
I started with 5 sets a year ago. At the point at 15 cycles where set B had a battery cell error I called DJI support on the phone. They recommended I try to discharge to 5% and recharge the battery after it cools. This mean't I ran my I2 by a AC register for about a hour. I charged back up and the problem was still present. I called back to report my results to tech support and they transferred me to someone who took my info, sent me a return address for replacement. It was replaced fast.

Just a couple weeks later one of setC batteries gave battery cell error. I tried same thing they told me to do before and no results. The odd thing was that if you put in the battery that gave no error in the right bay and start up first before inserting the supposedly bad battery the Go4 App gave NO ERROR. This was at 18 cycles use, I called DJI and talked to someone who confirmed my serial # indicated it was 6 months past activation. I just bought a new battery and figure I could use the supposedly bad battery for a power bank or dispose of it.

I rarely hot-swapped batteries, however it's been so long that I've had this issue that I can't remember if I had happened to have hot-swapped right before this issue arose with this set of batteries.
2018-3-30
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

DJI announced recently that they have found an error in the firmware for the TB50 batteries that leads to cells becoming unbalanced after charging.  They are implementing a fix to the firmware which is coming soon (I am not joking).  When I expressed skepticism DJI Mindy said coming really soon or words to that effect.  See this thread ...

https://forum.dji.com/thread-141917-1-1.html
2018-3-30
Use props
daev2018
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12263747 ft
  • >>>
United States

RobAlbania Posted at 2018-3-30 13:22
DJI announced recently that they have found an error in the firmware for the TB50 batteries that leads to cells becoming unbalanced after charging.  They are implementing a fix to the firmware which is coming soon (I am not joking).  When I expressed skepticism DJI Mindy said coming really soon or words to that effect.  See this thread ...

https://forum.dji.com/thread-141917-1-1.html

Thanks. I have 5 working sets and one unusable spare. I hope I can figure how to update it without messing with a paired set. I may just get another for 6 pairs if the update works.
2018-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules