Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Pro issue?
1243 6 2018-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe2c9456
lvl.4
United States

I just bought a Phantom 4 Pro and updated the firmware.  I notice the from RED LEDs no longer illuminate when the P4P is powered up.  It I set an option in one of the screens using DJI Go 4, I can get them to illuminate, but then they go out when recording (why would anyone want that... blinking perhaps, but...)  Is this a new issue?  The front LEDs used to illuminate in my old P2 Vision + once the motors were started ( I like that better)...

I wonder if I should keep it on the ground, until I see no issues?
2018-2-13
Use props
noflyzone69
First Officer
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can turn that option off and on.   Sometimes the red LEDs would show in some shots so you have the options to turn LEDs off while recording they turn back on when you stop recording....
2018-2-13
Use props
Aerial-Image
Captain
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They can also be set to go off when your filming or when you take an image.
2018-2-14
Use props
fansfe2c9456
lvl.4
United States

Aerial-Image Posted at 2018-2-14 02:50
They can also be set to go off when your filming or when you take an image.

Can I get them to stay on, so that I know where the front of the aircraft is?  Don't know why they took that feature away?  Whether I'm recording or not I'd like to know the orientation of the aircraft.  The more lights on it, the better, it will be much easier to see.
2018-2-14
Use props
Aerial-Image
Captain
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You should be able to do this in the app (Scroll down to "Other Camera Options" - https://store.dji.com/guides/dji-go-4-manual/8/ ) -  - but people need to use their instrument more - your screen RADAR has a RED arrow that shows which way the drone is pointing -  plus your camera is fix forward facing - as long as you stay in a fixed place and don't wander around whilst flying - its far better - especially at a medium distant of 300-400m away or so, no amount of lights will help you especially on a bright sunny day.
2018-2-14
Use props
Big Popie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 608642 ft
United States

In settings, Drone Icon on top, advanced settings,  at bottom of page     OPEN FOREARM LAMP
2018-2-14
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansfe2c9456 Posted at 2018-2-14 09:44
Can I get them to stay on, so that I know where the front of the aircraft is?  Don't know why they took that feature away?  Whether I'm recording or not I'd like to know the orientation of the aircraft.  The more lights on it, the better, it will be much easier to see.

Look in 'Main Controller Settings' / 'Advanced Settings'. Also camera settings with aircraft connected.

Edit:- The arrow on the Radar Screen, and the FPV should also give you some idea of orientation.

2018-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules