123Next >
8000 95 2018-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5c2b6e7a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3589859 ft
United States

My Mavic Pro crashed for no apparent reason. DJI is ignoring me. They will do a repair if I send the drone in. That’s fine. But the drone fell out of the sky for no apparent reason. The proof is in the video. I’m not making this up. My DJI Mavic Pro crashed. I can’t find it and I want a replacement.

Heres the video of the crash:
2018-2-13
Use props
fans5c2b6e7a
lvl.3
United States

This literally could happen to anyone. I had 60 hours and 400 miles of logged flight time with this UAV. It commited suicide.
2018-2-13
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

You were  using Litchi, they will deny a warranty claim. It has been proven 100 times. They do not cover third party apps because they can not use their flight logs to determine the issue. Sorry.
Also, its not a MAY-VIC pro, It is MAV-VIC.
2018-2-13
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
United States

If you want to do waypoint missions, use DJis GS PRO.
https://www.dji.com/ground-station-pro
2018-2-13
Use props
fans5c2b6e7a
lvl.3
United States

Yes they do. Litchi flights are recorded whey you sync your flight data. They told me that on the phone. It's one of the same. Litchi is liable because they are licensed by DJI.
2018-2-13
Use props
fans5c2b6e7a
lvl.3
United States

HWCM Posted at 2018-2-13 20:49
You were  using Litchi, they will deny a warranty claim. It has been proven 100 times. They do not cover third party apps because they can not use their flight logs to determine the issue. Sorry.
Also, its not a MAY-VIC pro, It is MAV-VIC.

Also, its not a MAY-VIC pro, It is MAV-VIC.? Whatever.
2018-2-13
Use props
fans5c2b6e7a
lvl.3
United States

fans5c2b6e7a Posted at 2018-2-13 20:56
Also, its not a MAY-VIC pro, It is MAV-VIC.? Whatever.

Have a good night and don't make any more comments.
2018-2-13
Use props
fans5c2b6e7a
lvl.3
United States

Just to clarify. I did post this video on a Facebook DJI group but I deleted the post. I was called every name in the book. They said I was an idiot. It was pilot error and I crashed it on porpoise to try to get a free drone. You name it they said it to me.  So ... I'm just looking for professional objective opinions as to what happened. To me it is a mystery. I know a bird didn't hit it. I'm thinking one of the motors failed. I won't know until I get it back. If I can find it. It crashed in some very unfriendly terrain. I went out to look for it yesterday and my legs were cut to shreds by all the pricker bushes.
2018-2-13
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

fans5c2b6e7a Posted at 2018-2-13 20:57
Have a good night and don't make any more comments.

That was a very strange way to say "thank you for your help". Why so unfriendly?
You do not get far with further help that way for sure.
2018-2-13
Use props
fans5c2b6e7a
lvl.3
United States

Well bad Intel is bad Intel. Not everyone knows what they are talking about. Thats why we have filters.
2018-2-13
Use props
nottuppaware
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

It looks like either a prop broke or a motor died.
But you haven't been able to find the drone, to send it in ?

2018-2-13
Use props
fans5c2b6e7a
lvl.3
United States

No I haven't been able to find it yet. I have a good idea where it is but it's nasty terrine.
2018-2-13
Use props
fans5c2b6e7a
lvl.3
United States

fans5c2b6e7a Posted at 2018-2-13 21:17
Well bad Intel is bad Intel. Not everyone knows what they are talking about. Thats why we have filters.

I apologize. Sorry! I'm just a little defensive right now.
2018-2-13
Use props
fans5c2b6e7a
lvl.3
United States

They shredded me on Facebook last night. It was unreal how cruel people get when they don't even know you. Just a bunch of bullies that ridicule you because they can.
2018-2-13
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would suggest uploading your FlightRecord logs to the following site.  That will allow users here to help you out trying to find your drone and potentially identify what happened.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

On the video, it looks like the GPS coordinates for its last location were on the screen.  Did you try punching those coordinates into Google Maps (or similar) and try to go find it?
2018-2-13
Use props
fans5c2b6e7a
lvl.3
United States

Yes I did. I went to that exact spot. No luck. I was literately standing where it was marked. The GPS gives you a general idea as to where it is. I figure it's in a 40 foot radius. UI also had a GPS tracker attached to the drone. But it failed when it crashed. No help there.
2018-2-13
Use props
fans5c2b6e7a
lvl.3
United States

Thanks man. I did that. Here is the results: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/NI7JJCF5IU19I10V3RON/
2018-2-13
Use props
fans5c2b6e7a
lvl.3
United States

What do you think happened? I have no clue. It just started spinning and fell from the sky.
2018-2-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. I would recommend you contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support. If your drone is under warranty, please send the flight records to them for analysis. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-14
Use props
lovec1990
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36158 ft
Slovenia

It looked like Motor failed or prop fell off i belive when this happen its over drone is unrecoverable
2018-2-14
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Bird attack???
2018-2-14
Use props
lovec1990
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36158 ft
Slovenia

does not look like it
2018-2-14
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

you see a small bump before the AC is going to spin
2018-2-14
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Sorry for your loss, keep looking for the drone!
From the log it looks like it hit a 30 ft tree that cut the power. From there it could have fallen down in a maybe 20 ft radius. Keep us updated of your findings and good luck!
2018-2-14
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hey fans5c2etc - that hurts - sorry for your crash.
From the final image it looks as though your drone is above ground level - i guess most likely up in a tree and i guess most probably very close to where your gps coords indicate. i guess this because the final images indicate that the picture is still visible and flight speed ect are still being transmitted until it final seems to hit something which looks like its probably a tree.
It looks to me as though the wind speed caught you out and took your drone away. viewing your footage i can see that your drone is moving at 10 mph without any stick input from you and in sport mode. This means the wind was so strong that it outblow sports mode by starting with 10mph and then towards the end as much as 44mph. Your speaker allows us to hear that wind at ground level is pretty strong - it is always stronger the higher up you go.
At one point when you were already in trouble you added height getting into heavier wind.
The mavic actually handles the wind very well but up to a point - if you fly in winds stronger than that point you will get blown away - and as i say judging from your speed despite you were not making stick inputs shows that the wind was too strong.
My guess is that when you tried to reorient the drone to fly back to you in sport mode that this coincided with a strong gust or even a sustained gust (because the speed kept climbing up to as much as 44mph) and perhaps the inclination the drone would adopt in sport mode compounded by a fierce gust of wind might have cause the drone to become too much inclined (steep attitude) which may result the the drone motors shut off (but not the aircraft itself) which then tumbled and finally landed in a tree.
Your drone is there somewhere for sure - good luck finding it.
2018-2-14
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

Sorry for your loss. But from what I can see it and hear it was way too windy for MP. Should have bought it in the first sign of trouble halfway through the video. 95% of the time it’s always pilot error. It was definitely over 20 mp winds.
2018-2-14
Use props
ColdForged
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17618 ft
United States

Yeah, it really does look like some sort of mid-air impact occurred from the video. Flying straight, impact wobble, then spin to the ground.
2018-2-14
Use props
integer
First Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

Sorry for your loss my friend! i think is the strong gust, the reason of the accident. i hope you find it
2018-2-14
Use props
MakerDude
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1142533 ft
United States

That wobble right before it goes into the death spiral looks like it was either an impact or prop loss. My guess would be bird strike. A hawk can fly 2-3x the speed of a MP and with the low angle light I doubt you would be able to see any sign of it if passed behind the camera. Good luck finding it.
2018-2-14
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

Definitely an impact before it started spiraling out of control.
2018-2-14
Use props
salmonshark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 206352 ft
United States

Sucks to hear when any drone crashes regardless if it is due to pilot error or hardware.  I can see your frustration and anger as well.  But in your case, regardless of why it crashed, I really hope you find it.  Make sure you are looking up.  Crashing scares me enough, but not being able to find it is ever scarier....

Good luck and hope you find it!

SS
2018-2-14
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

fans5c2b6e7a Posted at 2018-2-13 20:48
This literally could happen to anyone. I had 60 hours and 400 miles of logged flight time with this UAV. It commited suicide.

Was Logan Paul around, maybe?
2018-2-14
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
United States

fans5c2b6e7a Posted at 2018-2-13 20:53
Yes they do. Litchi flights are recorded whey you sync your flight data. They told me that on the phone. It's one of the same. Litchi is liable because they are licensed by DJI.

No, they will not. Search the other posts about DJI not covering warranty or loss because the operator was using Litchi. They 100% will deny your claim. They have denied every claim where Litchi was used.
But hey, maybe they will make an exception just for you...
2018-2-15
Use props
fans5c2b6e7a
lvl.3
United States

MakerDude Posted at 2018-2-14 09:15
That wobble right before it goes into the death spiral looks like it was either an impact or prop loss. My guess would be bird strike. A hawk can fly 2-3x the speed of a MP and with the low angle light I doubt you would be able to see any sign of it if passed behind the camera. Good luck finding it.

I quite honestly have to agree with you. It really is the only scenario that makes any sense. It defiantly looks like it was struck from behind in the air. I live in a very rural are and there are a lot of hawks out there. I'm thinking a prop broke when the hawk hit it. I didn't see any hawks in the area at the time but it's a strong possibility. The UAV was out of my site but Mavics are so small it's nothing to loose sight of them. It can be 200 feet away and if you look down in the controller and then look up and can't find it.  Just saying that FAA rule is a little impractical.

I have spent so far 3 hours out in the woods looking for it. The last GPS location recorded is merely a guide. It's probably in a 30 or 40 foot radius from the last report. My problem is the terrain where it crashed is near a creek and really bad. It's muddy and the creek has some rather high cliffs around it. The last image I had showed it was on the ground sideways facing some trees. I sent my Spark up yesterday to hopefully try and spot in the air but no luck so far.  Going back out tomorrow. The Sparks don't have the range of the Mavics so I have to walk into the area. It's private property and posted. I don't know who owns the land to get permission to look around. The sad thing is that I did have a GPS tracker on it but that apparently failed on impact.

This is the  AirData log of the flight:
http://app.airdata.com/main?share=gCcljs
2018-2-15
Use props
fans5c2b6e7a
lvl.3
United States

fansf77370fb Posted at 2018-2-14 08:32
Sorry for your loss. But from what I can see it and hear it was way too windy for MP. Should have bought it in the first sign of trouble halfway through the video. 95% of the time it’s always pilot error. It was definitely over 20 mp winds.

The highest wind gust was 13 MPH according to the flight log. I have flown in windy conditions stronger than that. In high winds the UAV will get into a situation where it hangs and can't move forward. I can't see the wind causing it to spin out and crash.
2018-2-15
Use props
fans5c2b6e7a
lvl.3
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-2-14 05:56
hey fans5c2etc - that hurts - sorry for your crash.
From the final image it looks as though your drone is above ground level - i guess most likely up in a tree and i guess most probably very close to where your gps coords indicate. i guess this because the final images indicate that the picture is still visible and flight speed ect are still being transmitted until it final seems to hit something which looks like its probably a tree.
It looks to me as though the wind speed caught you out and took your drone away. viewing your footage i can see that your drone is moving at 10 mph without any stick input from you and in sport mode. This means the wind was so strong that it outblow sports mode by starting with 10mph and then towards the end as much as 44mph. Your speaker allows us to hear that wind at ground level is pretty strong - it is always stronger the higher up you go.

Great advise. Best analysis yet! Thank you!
2018-2-15
Use props
fans5c2b6e7a
lvl.3
United States

Swedrone Posted at 2018-2-14 03:18
Sorry for your loss, keep looking for the drone!
From the log it looks like it hit a 30 ft tree that cut the power. From there it could have fallen down in a maybe 20 ft radius. Keep us updated of your findings and good luck!

Will! I'm still looking. I just wonder why the GPS tracker failed. It was working with 100% battery at take off. I always test that before I take off.
2018-2-15
Use props
fans5c2b6e7a
lvl.3
United States

I wan't to thank everyone here for the excellent advice. My conclusion is thanks to the experts here that it is more than likely stuck in a tree. So next time out I will be looking up instead of down. I'll keep you all posted. I got 3 days of great weather to look for it.
2018-2-15
Use props
fans5c2b6e7a
lvl.3
United States

HWCM Posted at 2018-2-15 00:51
No, they will not. Search the other posts about DJI not covering warranty or loss because the operator was using Litchi. They 100% will deny your claim. They have denied every claim where Litchi was used.
But hey, maybe they will make an exception just for you...

Yeah probably!....not
2018-2-15
Use props
fans5c2b6e7a
lvl.3
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-14 00:29
Hi, there. I would recommend you contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support. If your drone is under warranty, please send the flight records to them for analysis. Thanks for your support.

I can't find an option to report a crash or a fly away. I talked to someone on the phone and he told me to keep looking for it. I said I would but the area I have to go into is dangerous. The terrine is very inhospitable and I fell twice down a revine the last time i was in there. I slid down a mud hill and landed in a creek. Not to mention it's hunting season so there is a risk that I could be shot by a hunter.
2018-2-15
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules