FIRMWARE FREEZE WHILE UPDATING
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JDUB83
New

United States

I recently purchased the Phantom 3 Pro from a buddy. Only thing not included was his SD card. I purchased a 128GB MicroSD and uploaded the newest firmware. The upload will start as normal and after about 5 min the download will freeze, make a horrible constant buzzing sound, and the red light in the front will go solid red. I have watched every YouTube video on properly uploading the firmware to the sd card. I'm dowmloading the .bin file on a formated sd card but still the same results. I'm all out of options at this point and some help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
2018-2-13
Use props
fans55ae5496
Second Officer

United States

find out what SD cards DJI recommends and get one of those and try again.

128 GB is a bit overkill for me, may suit your needs. Get an 8 or 16 GB to use just for updates,

Just a thought, good luck.
2018-2-13
Use props
Chris_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6142 ft
United Kingdom

I believe that the maximum size of SD card as recommended by DJI is 64Gb. It might be worth (as mentioned above) to drop the size of the card to 64Gb or below.

/Chris
2018-2-14
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Here is what the standard for SD cards are. You would want to format before using:
Supported SD Cards        Micro SD
Max capacity: 64 GB
Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required
2018-2-14
Use props
JDUB83
New

United States

The card isn’t the issue. Changed it up but still getting the same results. 5 min into the install it sounds like the hard drive freezes up, yellow lights start to flash, and a constant loud buzzing tone starts. The little red light in front will go solid red. I’ve even let it go for 20 min. I’m using an iMac that’s running OS X. Could that be a issue?
2018-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules