Gimbal FREAKING OUT. Already tried everything I've found..
3100 7 2018-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4e7da96a
lvl.1

United States

The gimbal on my Phantom 3 std goes nuts from the moment the aircraft is powered on (quick and violent twisting and turning is all directions possible). I've tried updating, recalibrating everything, and even checked the insides of the gimbal itself — everything looks fine. However it still freaks out every time I turn it on and immediately shows the 'gimbal motor overload' warning, though it is mechanically in tact, calibrated, and unobstructed. Any ideas?
2018-2-13
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Be sure the small foam piece from the orginal packing is not still in place at back of the gimble.
2018-2-14
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Have you had a crash or hard landing lately?
2018-2-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi! We're sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Phantom 3 Standard.
Can you please make sure that you have removed the gimbal clamp?
Please also try calibrating your gimbal -
If you can, please also send us a video of your gimbal shaking.
Thank you for your support.
2018-2-14
Use props
Henry Main
lvl.1

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-2-14 17:34
Hi! We're sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Phantom 3 Standard.
Can you please make sure that you have removed the gimbal clamp?
Please also try calibrating your gimbal - Gimbal Calibration

Gimbal clamp is off. Already tried calibrating the gimbal numerous times. Still does this constantly whenever the aircraft is powered on.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... zp/view?usp=sharing

Thanks!
2018-2-14
Use props
Henry Main
lvl.1

United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-2-14 07:54
Have you had a crash or hard landing lately?

Not since this issue came about. It basically came out of nowhere. I carefully took the panels off and even removed and reattached the whole gimbal – it all looks and feels totally fine and still constantly shakes around.
2018-2-14
Use props
Henry Main
lvl.1

United States

stuka75 Posted at 2018-2-14 05:38
Be sure the small foam piece from the orginal packing is not still in place at back of the gimble.

That thing is long gone. I feel like I've checked everything, it appears and feels to be totally unobstructed.  
2018-2-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Henry Main Posted at 2018-2-14 18:46
Gimbal clamp is off. Already tried calibrating the gimbal numerous times. Still does this constantly whenever the aircraft is powered on.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G1RIq5AS0xbgHTzJFaCOctk892_NQszp/view?usp=sharing

Thank you for the video. After reviewing the video you have provided, it looks like you need to send your Phantom 3 for service.
Normally, this issue will be resolved after calibrations.
If you would like to start a repair case, please go to our support page > [url]https://www.dji.com/support[/url]
2018-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules